• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RadioShack- Anti Gun

range rat

Ok, this is the first time I,ve been ask to remove my Side Arm from the store, an I did. As well as my Body, an my MONEY..

Here's what happen. A few days ago I went Window shopping for a new Digital Voice Recorder, an found one I really liked at RadioShack. As it would happen the Manager was helping me, But I didn't buy it then because I wanted to check out one more spot.

Sooo after Giveing Paul my Older Recorder too down load an Post for me at Lizzy's Friday night I decided to buy the one at RadioShack. Being that I had nothing going on Saturday Morning I shot up too RadioShack.

Now, I no sooner got Four Feet inside the Store when the Little nasty of a Grome of a Manager [Paul] comes strutting out from behind the counter an Bold as all Hell sayes, YOU cann't come in here with THAT!!

I then ask him if it was a Corp Policy ?? an he pulled himself up to his total 4''11 height an said, yes.. Ask me if I would Like to see it, does a quick 180 turn, duck's into the back room an is back before I could even think of Farting.

I look it over, an it stated unless i'm a leo they don't want me in there. I ask for a copy of it, he said no. I then ask why they don't have a sign in the Window, an He said they don't have too.

Paul wouldn't give me any names, or phone numbers, said he didn't have too. Dumb @#$

I Made some call's, DistManager is Greg Poplawski, 1-877-668-2174, an Bonnie is his sect. Still working on an E-Mail Address. I won't be able to follow up more on this till thursday, next day off...

WCrawford

I think you should wait to see if range rat gets any response from Radio Shack corporate.

As with many cases of this type, it turns out that either the corporate police is to follow state law or there is just no policy (and the company generally doesn't care about customer carry), and it is a rogue manager on a power trip.

I tend to think this is true with Radio Shack, as I have openly carried in several stores in Middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky over the last couple years without incident.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Been to numerous Radio Shacks and always OCing.

Never had a problem, not once.

kawisixer01

Wow, with how poorly radio shack has done the last few years I'd say they can't afford to turn away any customers. Considering they are based (or were) out of Dallas Texas I have a hard time believing this is a corporate policy. I know best buy in Janesville has no problem with me carrying...they sell plenty of voice recorders!

hardballer

I think the reason for the post is a pepper campaign against Radioshack
I am ready and willing... Just say the word.

Wow, with how poorly radio shack has done the last few years I'd say they can't afford to turn away any customers. Considering they are based (or were) out of Dallas Texas I have a hard time believing this is a corporate policy. I know best buy in Janesville has no problem with me carrying...they sell plenty of voice recorders!
Yup, I purchased my nice shiny new Sony from Best Buy. Works great.

Edit: Actually stood in the middle of the store for over an hour talking with two other Open Carriers that I ran into in the store. We were asked politely, several times, by different individuals, if there was anything they could do for us or if we needed anything. They were very polite and so were we. This was the Onalaska Best Buy. I highly recommend them.

Last edited:

MKEgal

So he was OK with you being there the first time, but when you came back to spend money he told you to leave?? :eek:

As for signage, once SB93 passes yes they will have to.
But nobody tell them that. :rolleyes:

I've OCd in a couple RS stores in the MKE area with no problems.

Last edited: