• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro Shop In Gurnee Mills....

Outdoorsman1

I was at Bass Pro Shop In Gurnee Mills IL. today and thought I would check out their handgun section... I asked to see a sub-compact X-40 to compare (in my mind) to my new Glock 27. So the salesman removes it from the case locks the slide open and asks me if I have A FOID card. I told him no, then he asks if I live in IL to which I reply, no Wisconsin. he then asks me for my drivers license or other picture ID. I ask him what for..??? He says that he cannot let me even TOUCH the gun (let alone hold it) without ID. I thought he was kidding so I literally laughed out loud to his face... I then realized he was serious and proceeded to tell him sorry but I did not need to touch the XD THAT BAD while I was still chuckleing and walking away...

WOW... at least we have it better here than there...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

there is one good thing about illinois and that is the penalty for hitting a highway worker up to $10,000 fine and up to 5 years in the clink but that is about it

Last edited:

safcrkr

When he asked for your ID after you told him you lived in WI, he was just following state law by verifying you were not an ILL resident. ILL residents cannot even examine a firearm in a retail establishment without a FOID card, nor can they buy ammo. That's the law. But that law only applies to residents of ILL because non-residents cannot get a FOID card. FOID stands for Firearms Owner IDentification.

When it comes to attitudes about firearms and gun laws, WI is a paradise compared to N.E. ILL, especially in and around Chicago. Think Madison libtards X 10. The further downstate you go, the better it gets.