• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

check out this sign

Yard Sale

Kay Jewelers, Sparks Galleria (strip mall), Sparks, Nevada. The wording is laying claim to the whole parking lot, which I'm pretty sure is not theirs. Regardless, the notice carries no weight.

I took the picture with a pistol on my hip!

Attachments

• KayJewelersNoFirearms.jpg
    KayJewelersNoFirearms.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 413

jfrey123

I don't see how exactly they're trying to convey that it is law. They don't reverence anything that says "NRS" or "Illegal"....

Jared at the Sierra Summit has a posting that reads almost exact. Apparently the chain corporate jewelry stores are anti...

KBCraig

I don't see how exactly they're trying to convey that it is law. They don't reverence anything that says "NRS" or "Illegal"...
They are "wording it as to convey the impression" that it is law. It's not the law, but the sign uses highly legalistic wording that sounds like stereotypical statutory language.

There's little doubt they intend it to sound like it's illegal to carry there.

28kfps

I wonder what they are trying to say? Somewhat surprised they did not include adjacent roadways roads that intersect to the the adjacent roadways, and restricting weapons in the air space.

10x

I wonder if the Bad guys with obey the sign when they go to rob the place?

LvstudentDoc

whats even more stupid

Why is the sign at the bottom of the door is my "congressman weiner" susposed to read that or what cuz I would have just walked into the store and never seen that sign.

Nevada carrier

Just to monkey with them a bit, I might be tempted to send them a letter thanking them for making it easy to identify their store as one you will not do business with, not just because they don't respect our rights, but because they put everyone inside in danger by advertising the criminals that there are easy pickings inside.