• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VIDEO: 2nd ammendmemt attack? terrorists to use our guns?

Ruby

I am beginning to think that the "media" is a bigger threat to our freedoms than Congress and Obama. It doesn't seem to matter what the media spouts, people believe what they see and hear; no one investigates whether or not that is true. This is all very carefully calculated to sway public opinion against guns and gun owners. These lies are a real danger to our freedoms; if this continues, a gun ban will not be forced on us, the sheep will demand it. If it were that easy to get fully automatic weapons, this kind of attack would already be happening. Somehow, we. as gun owners need to educate the general public to the truth.

Ruby

Just another thought. If any of this were true, and if we had a government that really cared about it's people, it seems to me it would make better sense to arm everyone to the teeth to eliminate these threats instead of wanting to take away our guns and leave us helpless victims! Just stating the obvious, I guess. Obvious to us, but apparently not to the sheep.

amlevin

Ruby-

Couldn't agree more on your media comments. I call it the "Oprah Effect". Whoever Oprah has on her show, and no matter what they "spout", these people are blindly accepted as "experts" and their words are unchallenged truth.

Ruby

Ruby-

Couldn't agree more on your media comments. I call it the "Oprah Effect". Whoever Oprah has on her show, and no matter what they "spout", these people are blindly accepted as "experts" and their words are unchallenged truth.

I believe there is a serious lack of critical thinking in this country and it's about to cost us everything. I believe the media and our government are working together (hard to determine who "owns" or controls who) to influence public opinion to their way of thinking. I don't watch TV anymore because I don't want to be brain washed. I am capable of thinking for myself and getting my "news" from the internet or paper; who knows how much of that is true? It's all about money, power, prestige, etc. and has very little to do with what's actually happening or what's true. It's like the Titanic, most of the people are partying and having a good time while the "ship" of state is sinking! The more I think about it, the angrier I get, the more I realize the magnitude of the lies and deception.

Jeff Hayes

Think about it if the terrorists could do something they would have done ot by now. Most of the terrorist danger is manufactured by the goverment to keep the sheep scared. Are terrorists dangerious sure, I am just not buying that they are as dangerious as our leaders would like us to believe.

Last edited:

Ruby

Project Gunrunner is a perfect example of manufacturing "the facts" to suit the scenario you want. I hope there is a full blown investigation and the "facts" are made public. The BATFE needs to be shut down, permanently. Everyone involved should face charges of treason since their actions violated the integrity and security of this country.

Terrorists already have guns from other sources and don't need to try to get them here. I think this is a far fetched idea anyway. The terrorists use bombs, not guns, in order to kill more people. Every time I hear of a bomb going off in Afganistan or Pakistan, it usually kills quite a number of people; that is after all the goal of the terrorists. Automatic weapons would be very visible and obvious, much more so than a car bomb. Add to that the fact that the terrorists know that there are a large number of gun owners walking around with guns on them; not all those miscreants want to commit suicide! I believe that the fact that we have so many guns in the hands of cititzens in this country is the reason we haven't seen more terrorist attacks here. I agree that I think many times that the threat is overblown. I believe it's called the Hegelian Dialectic: create the problem then offer the solution. Works really well on people who don't question things. And in today's world, most people don't have time to investigate everything they see or hear, they are too busy trying to stay afloat financially; those in power know this, which is why they get away with so much.

I could go on, but I think most of this is obvious to most of us. The one thing I find encouraging is the number of guns, ammo, accessories, and CPLs that have been purchased since Obama and his crew took office. Obviously an increasing number of people don't believe the lies either!

HandyHamlet

Project Gunrunner is a perfect example of manufacturing "the facts" to suit the scenario you want. I hope there is a full blown investigation and the "facts" are made public.

Is next week soon enough?
The first of what could be several long-awaited congressional hearings on the controversial Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ “Project Gunrunner” and “Operation Fast and Furious” will be held next Monday, congressional sources confirmed today.

The hearings will be conducted by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, chaired by California Congressman Darrell Issa, with the first session scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. (EDT) in Room 2154, Rayburn Office Building. According to congressional sources, the first hearing will focus on the Justice Department’s lack of cooperation with Issa’s investigation and with the agency’s limited compliance with Issa’s subpoena for several documents. The official title for the hearing is "Obstruction of Justice: Does the Justice Department have to respond to a lawfully issued and valid Congressional Subpoena?"

Continue reading on Examiner.com BREAKING: 1st ‘Gunrunner’ hearing scheduled next week - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...ner-hearing-scheduled-next-week#ixzz1OZ7W94Lz

sudden valley gunner

Think about it if the terrorists could do something they would have done ot by now. Most of the terrorist danger is manufactured by the goverment to keep the sheep scared. Are terrorists dangerious sure, I am just not buying that they are as dangerious as our leaders would like us to believe.

I agree and I see them doing the same thing with "criminals". They use it as a crutch to rationalize increasing the size and scope of their power and "authority" to militarize their police and increase their standing army from the Federal level with their alphabet soup agencies right down to our local municipalities and their police force.

sirpuma

The problem I am anticipating is them getting their hands on any meaningful information. None of our governmental agencies do anything anymore without having a way to cover their asses. They learned alot from the climate change fiasco.

What is more likely to happen is they will slap ATF and FBI hands for getting caught, not for conducting shady and illegal activities. Our government is complicit in the destruction of our freedom.

ApacheBunny

just like the Bradys, bunch of fear mongers spouting off lies, though i wouldn't be scared if a terrorist is armed, i have more of a chance being hit by rocks flung by tires than actually being hit accurately with what they are shooting. The media drives me nuts lately, its all advertisement for something, popularity poll, and in the end it was all for money. It's why music sucks now, it's why movies suck, and its why i can't stand prime time tv.

Ruby

What is more likely to happen is they will slap ATF and FBI hands for getting caught, not for conducting shady and illegal activities. Our government is complicit in the destruction of our freedom.

I agree, our government certainly is complicit, and the lies and deception are becoming more visible. Unfortunately, most people are still tied up in the Democrat-Republican thing and don't see that neither party gives a rat's ass about the American people or our rights. I'll wager there will be a showdown one day between the government and the patriots, those of us that truly love this country. The government should only have as much power as the people allow, and we have allowed too much now. Someone I spoke with last week was surprised to learn that the Constitution wasn't written to let the people know their God given rights, but was to put the government on notice that these are inalienable rights and to restrict government infringement on them. How far we have fallen!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I think I'd rather die in a gun fight with terrorists on my home turf than live like a slave for my entire life... I think new hampshire got it right with their state motto.

sudden valley gunner

I agree, our government certainly is complicit, and the lies and deception are becoming more visible. Unfortunately, most people are still tied up in the Democrat-Republican thing and don't see that neither party gives a rat's ass about the American people or our rights. I'll wager there will be a showdown one day between the government and the patriots, those of us that truly love this country. The government should only have as much power as the people allow, and we have allowed too much now. Someone I spoke with last week was surprised to learn that the Constitution wasn't written to let the people know their God given rights, but was to put the government on notice that these are inalienable rights and to restrict government infringement on them. How far we have fallen!

I think I'd rather die in a gun fight with terrorists on my home turf than live like a slave for my entire life... I think new hampshire got it right with their state motto.

+1 To both posts.

Ruby

In my book, there are only 3 things worth dying for: Freedom, Family, and Friends, true friends. Which, by the way, are also 3 things worth living for, which makes them worth dying for.

Difdi

just like the Bradys, bunch of fear mongers spouting off lies, though i wouldn't be scared if a terrorist is armed, i have more of a chance being hit by rocks flung by tires than actually being hit accurately with what they are shooting. The media drives me nuts lately, its all advertisement for something, popularity poll, and in the end it was all for money. It's why music sucks now, it's why movies suck, and its why i can't stand prime time tv.

I wonder what would happen if someone were to mug the Brady's at knife-point? Would we immediately get blasted with a new campaign against knife-ownership? Would they remain true to their anti-gun religion and not react? Or would we discover that Jim Brady has a concealed weapons permit, "for his own protection", despite their party line about handguns having no redeeming qualities?