Thread: How do i change my screen name?

How do i change my screen name?

Sorry for posting thise here but i am having a heck of time finding where to change my screen name. Can anyone provide help?

Accomplished Advocate
    you cant.

Might ask a moderator.

Beyond that you would have to re-register with a new one which is usually against the rules of most forums so ask first.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    you cant.

Might ask a moderator.

Beyond that you would have to re-register with a new one which is usually against the rules of most forums so ask first.
    Do NOT re-register.

PM OCDO Administrator and present your case/request - consideration will be given, but be patient.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I used to be an admin/moderator at a large forum and we never changed the user name. We did allow someone to log on as a new user which meant they lost their points and stuff. I'd guess if you're being stalked it might be done, but the stalker would just figure it out from your posting style if you were chatty.

My less than 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    I used to be an admin/moderator at a large forum and we never changed the user name. We did allow someone to log on as a new user which meant they lost their points and stuff. I'd guess if you're being stalked it might be done, but the stalker would just figure it out from your posting style if you were chatty.

My less than 2 cents.
    While it is NOT encouraged, policy does permit consideration of changing user/screen name.

OTOH - creating a new user account (dual registration) is not likely to be considered in a favorable light.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    While it is NOT encouraged, policy does permit consideration of changing user/screen name.

OTOH - creating a new user account (dual registration) is not likely to be considered in a favorable light.
    The lack of capitalization in my username had bugged me for years...A PM to Mr. Admin took care of it.

^^ Oh, cool, Grape. Um, is "Mr Know-it-All" taken?
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 06-10-2011 at 04:15 PM.

^^ Oh, cool, Grape. Um, is "Mr Know-it-All" taken?
    If I do not know the answer to something with which I am charged with knowing, I will seek the correct answer before I speak. That is a form of respect to others.

If that be a fault, I plead guilty and cheerfully so. To what standard do you subscribe, sir?

No penalty is drawn for legitimate queries. Others receive, each in accordance with their need deed.

You're a wonderful mod. I was shooting for some self-deprecating humor, but obviously missed the 10-ring.

I was shooting for some self-deprecating humor, but obviously missed the 10-ring.
    Doubt it was your accuracy/placement.

More likely my sensitivity to the guy I see in the mirror - he tries to be one of the guys, but sometimes he is gets serious. There really are two of us living in the same body, you know what I mean?....

It's really easy to tell which one of us is posting - watch the body language and pay attention to the voice inflection.

My old signature line Yata hey* may be revived one day when the Surry debacle is finally put to rest.

In Lacota Souix - literally it's a great day for dying. It is both a serious war cry and a greeting/salutation amongst friends as in hi or good day. Much depends on the tone of voice and attitude conveyed. I leave it to the reader to determine if I am only signing off or offering a solution.

If I were given a choice of when to die, would chose a memorable day - therefore it is by a somewhat convoluted process also a great day to live!

My old signature line Yata hey* may be revived one day when the Surry debacle is finally put to rest.
    I've been curious as to why it disappeared. Maybe you could fill me in on Sept. 14th? (That is when all the hubbub should be kaput, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    I've been curious as to why it disappeared. Maybe you could fill me in on Sept. 14th? (That is when all the hubbub should be kaput, right?)
    There will be other questions to be answered after a decision is rendered in the criminal trial. Will the losing side have grounds for an appeal and will such be perfected?

That and there are other possibilities - just not in a position to presume anything.

First things first.

Doubt that Surry County will be the same thereafter though, when the sun rises on a new day.