• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do i change my screen name?

mechanicworkman

Sorry for posting thise here but i am having a heck of time finding where to change my screen name. Can anyone provide help?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
you cant.

Might ask a moderator.

Beyond that you would have to re-register with a new one which is usually against the rules of most forums so ask first.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
you cant.

Might ask a moderator.

Beyond that you would have to re-register with a new one which is usually against the rules of most forums so ask first.

Do NOT re-register.

PM OCDO Administrator and present your case/request - consideration will be given, but be patient.

Badger Johnson

I used to be an admin/moderator at a large forum and we never changed the user name. We did allow someone to log on as a new user which meant they lost their points and stuff. I'd guess if you're being stalked it might be done, but the stalker would just figure it out from your posting style if you were chatty.

My less than 2 cents.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I used to be an admin/moderator at a large forum and we never changed the user name. We did allow someone to log on as a new user which meant they lost their points and stuff. I'd guess if you're being stalked it might be done, but the stalker would just figure it out from your posting style if you were chatty.

My less than 2 cents.

While it is NOT encouraged, policy does permit consideration of changing user/screen name.

OTOH - creating a new user account (dual registration) is not likely to be considered in a favorable light.

Kingfish

While it is NOT encouraged, policy does permit consideration of changing user/screen name.

OTOH - creating a new user account (dual registration) is not likely to be considered in a favorable light.
The lack of capitalization in my username had bugged me for years...A PM to Mr. Admin took care of it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
^^ Oh, cool, Grape. Um, is "Mr Know-it-All" taken? ;)

If I do not know the answer to something with which I am charged with knowing, I will seek the correct answer before I speak. That is a form of respect to others.

If that be a fault, I plead guilty and cheerfully so. To what standard do you subscribe, sir?

No penalty is drawn for legitimate queries. Others receive, each in accordance with their [strike]need[/strike] deed.

Badger Johnson

You're a wonderful mod. I was shooting for some self-deprecating humor, but obviously missed the 10-ring. :(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was shooting for some self-deprecating humor, but obviously missed the 10-ring. :(

Doubt it was your accuracy/placement.

More likely my sensitivity to the guy I see in the mirror - he tries to be one of the guys, but sometimes he is gets serious. There really are two of us living in the same body, you know what I mean?..:uhoh:..

It's really easy to tell which one of us is posting - watch the body language and pay attention to the voice inflection. :lol:

My old signature line Yata hey* may be revived one day when the Surry debacle is finally put to rest.

In Lacota Souix - literally it's a great day for dying. It is both a serious war cry and a greeting/salutation amongst friends as in hi or good day. Much depends on the tone of voice and attitude conveyed. I leave it to the reader to determine if I am only signing off or offering a solution. :D

If I were given a choice of when to die, would chose a memorable day - therefore it is by a somewhat convoluted process also a great day to live!

Superlite27

My old signature line Yata hey* may be revived one day when the Surry debacle is finally put to rest.

I've been curious as to why it disappeared. Maybe you could fill me in on Sept. 14th? (That is when all the hubbub should be kaput, right?)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've been curious as to why it disappeared. Maybe you could fill me in on Sept. 14th? (That is when all the hubbub should be kaput, right?)

There will be other questions to be answered after a decision is rendered in the criminal trial. Will the losing side have grounds for an appeal and will such be perfected?

That and there are other possibilities - just not in a position to presume anything.

First things first.

Doubt that Surry County will be the same thereafter though, when the sun rises on a new day.