• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So... when is lunch?

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
Hey all, just wanted to know if there was a lunch planned this month. I missed the last one, but the one before it at Black Bear was fun. I vote for something around noon for what its worth.

The Big Guy

of all the moves I've made in the last four months, one of them was bound to be a good one! You know what they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

Or, "even a blind hog picks up an acorn every now and then".

TBG

Last edited:

greengum

I would love to have a BBQ here in Henderson. Sunset park maybe? If another member would be willing to help set this up, (coordinate food, drinks, and all the little stuff) I am willing to put the time in as well as show up early and set stuff up. I personally prefer Saturdays over Sundays but either one works for me. It is tough to get people to be available when most are available, so I would recommend if you have a funny schedule and want to attend maybe post when you can make it? Anyways hit me up and I will keep checking in here to see whats up.

The Big Guy

I would love to have a BBQ here in Henderson. Sunset park maybe? If another member would be willing to help set this up, (coordinate food, drinks, and all the little stuff) I am willing to put the time in as well as show up early and set stuff up. I personally prefer Saturdays over Sundays but either one works for me. It is tough to get people to be available when most are available, so I would recommend if you have a funny schedule and want to attend maybe post when you can make it? Anyways hit me up and I will keep checking in here to see whats up.

Sunset is a Clark County Park (no firearms)

For ease of finding I would recommend Mission Hills park as it is right off the 95. No shade there though, but there is a water park in it.

Discovery in Green Valley has good facilities and great for kids.

Morrell in old Henderson is a good choice. Good facilities and lots of shade trees.

O'Callaghan is also a very good choice. Easy to get to off the 95 on Horizon, good facillities, plenty of shade trees.

One thing Henderson has is an overabundance of is parks.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

TBG seems to know the Henderson parks, and has kids... So why don't we go to Discovery. We never regret attending one of these and it seems like it has been a while, so I say we all start planning.

crash5150

I'm from CA as seen in my profile and I'm in vegas for the week. I'll meet up for an OC bbq or meet. So far, I've had a couple people at camping world shocked that I would do such a thing (open carry) and a couple people thinking it was awesome. None actually approached me, it was all over heard by my girlfriend when I would walk away. She told me about it in the parking lot.

I figured people here would know about OC

Nevada carrier

The only people that seem to notice and/or care about OC here are police, and many times even they don't mind. The other day a guy got car jacked at knife point and the truck that was stolen was ditched in the condo complex I live in. When I approached the police to tell them I saw two young white men park and run from the vehicle, I informed them that I was carrying with a proper CCW. They told me thank you for letting them know and that "an armed society is a safe society." Their words, not mine. They let me fill out my whiteness statement without even asking to see my CCW or taking my firearm from me.

I believe the majority of those in law enforcement who have their boots on the ground are perfectly okay with law abiding citizens being armed. In their words, "it's never the law abiding citizen that poses a threat." It's the people at the top of the law enforcement institution that care, and that is because they know that a well armed free people tend to remain free, to spite their best efforts to enslave them to police rule.

Since getting my CCW, I still open carry many times when I don't feel like putting on an undershirt and want to get dressed to go out quickly. In many places, it's considered cowardly or underhanded to hide your firearm. I believe many people still feel this way. Many everyday unarmed people feel better about a guy who carries where the firearm can been seen by all then they guy what want's to hide it. after all, if your not up to no good, you have no reason to hide it.