• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Beach Florida Police Shooting

VW_Factor

sraacke

What's disturbing to me is the reports of several people having cellphones taken from them and smashed at the scene. The law has a simple saying, "Flight equals Guilt." So, to me, going around taking cellphones from peoples hands and smashing them equals coverup.

HandyHamlet

At :52 the video shows a cop pointing a gun at the victims.

WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO: First-person account of deadly Miami Beach shooting
June 06, 2011 9:30 PM

Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/new-4732925-person-first.html#ixzz1OYBKpms0

The video shows Benoit get into the car, where his girlfriend, Ericka Davis, sat in the driver’s seat. He raises his camera and an officer is seen appearing on the driver’s side with his gun drawn, pointed at them.

The video ends as more officers are heard yelling expletives, telling the couple to turn the video off and get out of the car.

“They put guns to our heads and threw us on the ground,” Davis said.

Benoit said a Miami Beach officer grabbed his cell phone, said “You want to be [expletive] Paparazzi?” and stomped on his phone before placing him in handcuffs and shoving the crunched phone in Benoit’s back pocket. He said the couple joined other witnesses already in cuffs and being watched by officers, who were on the lookout for two passengers who, police believe at the time, had bailed out of Herisse’s car. It is still not known whether any passengers were in the car.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/...sses-said-they-were-forced.html#ixzz1OY4gt0AD

fucktard.jpg

Gunslinger

This can't be right. The police are your friends. Everyone knows that. The guy in the car was given every opportunity to surrender while the cops were executing him. Then, they just wanted to make sure that the civilians they hadn't already shot were ok. Their restraint and observance of everyone's rights after they had completed the execution of the guy in the car and wounding of numerous innocent civilians was commendable. I object to the cop bashing tone of this thread. Here is Law and Order at its finest, not counting Soviet Russia, of course.