• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Florida - High Risk Handgun Carry Course - Tactical U - 6/18/11

Taktix

tacticalU_logo.png

TACTICAL U
HIGH RISK HANDGUN CARRY COURSE

____________________________________​
This course is designed for civilians and security contractors who carry a concealed or open-carry handgun looking to sustain and improve their skill-set in those tactics needed to safely, quickly, and efficiently employ their handgun from various locations.

Here is your opportunity to get out and run through dynamic courses of fire taught hands on from current and retired Certified Law Enforcement SWAT & Firearms Instructors.

The class will offer the student a variety of training, including shooting from the open carry and concealed carry positions with a handgun, close quarters combat, barricade shooting, positional shooting, shooting on the move, defensive shooting, advanced point shooting, shooting from a seated position, combat reloads, and use of cover.
Register fast before this course fills up!

WHEN: June 18, 2011 - 8:00 a.m.
WHERE: Pop's Gun Club, 6101 US Hwy. 27 Southwest Ranches, Fl 33332
TUITION: $125.00

Tactical U​

FacebUk​

E-Mail Us​

47824_153924391300242_119375014755180_448411_4142591_n.jpg

47790_153924617966886_119375014755180_448428_3690374_n.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I didn't say anything before, but I'm feeling very advertised to... Buy an ad like the rest of the advertisers in all those ads... OCDO can use it... You know, because that's how ads are done...

7 posts so far, all advertisements for your classes.

BountyXP

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that...figured the admins tacitly allowed it. Guess not. And, yes, unpaid advertising = shady.

j4l

What, exactly would make it shady? If the guy has a relevant product/service that he can offer to benefit someone here, I say great! It's not like a pop-up ad, or he's posting ads for Erectile Disfunction pills or Lawn Mowers or some such..

It pertains to the topics here, it's local, and the guy could be a big supporter of the cause-why slam him for it?

Man up, ladies. Leave the touchy-feely to the Home Decorating forums.

Last edited:

BountyXP

What, exactly would make it shady? If the guy has a relevant product/service that he can offer to benefit someone here, I say great! It's not like a pop-up ad, or he's posting ads for Erectile Disfunction pills or Lawn Mowers or some such..

It pertains to the topics here, it's local, and the guy could be a big supporter of the cause-why slam him for it?

The shadiness comes in when there are legitimate advertisers who PAY MONEY to the website...you know, the one you're on for free right now...and support the maintenance and ongoing efforts of its founders. When you come here and post nothing of value to any threads, don't engage in discussion, and do not support the website other than to use it for your personal advertising it is shady.

If the admins want to create an advertising section (similar to what's on AR15.com) so that manufacturers and advertisers can post their ads then fine. Don't know how many forums you're a part of but it is generally accepted as a less-than-ethical practice to use forum posts as unpaid advertisements.

If it's ok for one of them it is ok for all of them. What happens when you have to start wading through dozens of advertising threads a day to get to "real" topics? You say he "is local" but local to whom? We have people from all over the State of Florida. For the vast majority...his ads mean nothing to them because they don't live near him and thus are pure spam. You say he "could be a big supporter of the cause" but where was he during the legislative session? Was he here advertising as a paid sponsor to help the cause? Or a "Johnny-come-lately" who is riding the wave of hits to this forum to hock his training classes?

Last edited:

JeepSeller

The shadiness comes in when there are legitimate advertisers who PAY MONEY to the website...you know, the one you're on for free right now...and support the maintenance and ongoing efforts of its founders. When you come here and post nothing of value to any threads, don't engage in discussion, and do not support the website other than to use it for your personal advertising it is shady.

If the admins want to create an advertising section (similar to what's on AR15.com) so that manufacturers and advertisers can post their ads then fine. Don't know how many forums you're a part of but it is generally accepted as a less-than-ethical practice to use forum posts as unpaid advertisements.

If it's ok for one of them it is ok for all of them. What happens when you have to start wading through dozens of advertising threads a day to get to "real" topics? You say he "is local" but local to whom? We have people from all over the State of Florida. For the vast majority...his ads mean nothing to them because they don't live near him and thus are pure spam. You say he "could be a big supporter of the cause" but where was he during the legislative session? Was he here advertising as a paid sponsor to help the cause? Or a "Johnny-come-lately" who is riding the wave of hits to this forum to hock his training classes?

I tend to agree. I'm all for small business success. In fact, I'll gladly pay an extra buck or two to patronize a mom-n-pop operation before lining CEO pockets any day. And, if the "free ads" are well mingled within contributions to the forum, I have no problems with it. But, when there are no contributions to the discussions, it's only spam, and we get enough already.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

No one is 'slamming' him. Tho, I know you enjoy a good 'slamming,' babe.

It's a discussion forum, not an advertisement forum. It simply isn't appropriate.

Kinda like if I farted in your face while you were sleeping. It's not right.

Man up, ladies.

Calling us 'ladies' while getting your own panties in a twist isn't useful. It doesn't even have the impact you're looking for, sweetie. Now run along [bats bottom] man are talking. I'll take care of you later. ;-)

7 posts, all ads. Your arguments are invalid.

Pay for some ad space instead of invading the discussion forum with it. For that behavior, I would explicitly avoid a product or service. It's disrespectful.

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member

Parody of another post, Supra,

The shadiness comes in when the shooter casts shade on the grass; the lawnmower comes in when rolling around on said grass in a "tactical" manner, and the erectile disfunction is, well, the gun. Listen to j4l folks: support those who support the forum.

Last edited:

j4l

Parody of another post, Supra,

The shadiness comes in when the shooter casts shade on the grass; the lawnmower comes in when rolling around on said grass in a "tactical" manner, and the erectile disfunction is, well, the gun. Listen to j4l folks: support those who support the forum.

Ty,sir.
And yes, they missed my point entirely,as usual. Guess I'll type more slowly...
Bottom line- dont be so quick to slam folks or make an enemy of em based on something like this. Unless/until you know otherwise, the guy posting could be very proactive in supporting the cause-and the forum- in a number of other ways- and might actually have a product or service that can benefit you in some way, which the purchase of might actually result in some of the funds going to the causes.
But, ya never know....anyway, at least it was relevant, and not an advert for knock-off Gucci bags, right?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I bought a holster from Tucker Gun Leather up there... Silent Thunder for my PT1911AR. It's sooo sexy. I never dress up fancy enough for it though. I'm like a Yugo with spinners when I wear it.