• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WeinerGate

Placementvs.Calibur

Oh, poor you! (Citizens of NY)
Firtst came censoring Rangel for tax evasion, then the cry for nationwide limitations for magazine capacity after the AZ shooting by NY reps., now this.
Remeber, Weiner took on Goldline, Beck, and Sen. Thompson in a hearing regarding the gold industries false betrayal of the failing dollar prior to the S&P down grading our AAA rating. He was embarassed at these hearings (don't worry it didn't make MSNBC).
Wake up! Who votes for these people, even scarier these voters exist within our free society, or do they(legally)?
It's a damn shame.
He's admitted his mistake, we all make mistakes. Now man up and ressign already.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

eye95

No doubt, he will be censured, continue to serve, and simply not run in the Democrat primary in 2012. Another Dem will win the seat.

Yawn.

Been there before.

I did not [insert inappropriate sexual behavior here, such as, "send a lewd photo of myself to" or "have sexual relations with"] THAT woman.

The expected reply from the masses is that the behavior was none of our business and had nothing to do with the politician's job. To me, though, these actions (and the attending lies) are insights into the characters of the offenders--and character [strike]matters[/strike] should matter.

dmatting

What elected office holders do in their private lives can, in fact, have implications with respect to national security and other matters. Let's say that someone or some organization with ill intent obtained evidence of misconduct by a senator or congressman who sits on a committee that deals with national secrets or security. That person can now be blackmailed and our security is threatened. Heck, it doesn't even have to be national security - they could get blackmailed to give up favors or info on just about any topic.

MKEgal

re: blackmail

So either don't do something you want to hide,
or fess up so everyone knows about it.

That's why the gays in the military debate is so asinine.
If the military didn't say it's wrong, then there wouldn't be any need to hide, so there wouldn't be a security risk. They made their own problem.

I agree incidents like this one w/ the politician give insight into their character, or lack thereof, esp. if there are multiple "mistakes", or "mistakes" compounded upon "mistakes" (as in this case).

Beretta92FSLady

I am not sure what these Congressmen are thinking, but they need to get their crap together, and realize that things like this will eventually come out.

Regardless, he should fess-up to it. Heck, it isn't as if he was tapping his foot in public restroom, you know, picking up a piece of toilette paper at the back of the toilette.

Each party has it's issues. He will resign, I am sure. He didn't do anything illegal from what I have been reading. The longer they stick around though, they seem to dig themselves a hole politically, and legally.

eye95

If the military didn't say it's wrong, then there wouldn't be any need to hide, so there wouldn't be a security risk. They made their own problem.

I agree incidents like this one w/ the politician give insight into their character, or lack thereof, esp. if there are multiple "mistakes", or "mistakes" compounded upon "mistakes" (as in this case).

So support sleazebags. Their actions ain't illegal. Go ahead and vote for them.

I personally vote against them and ask them to resign. Their sleazy private behavior and lying to the public at large are excellent indicators of their reliability as a public servant.

Beretta92FSLady

What elected office holders do in their private lives can, in fact, have implications with respect to national security and other matters. Let's say that someone or some organization with ill intent obtained evidence of misconduct by a senator or congressman who sits on a committee that deals with national secrets or security. That person can now be blackmailed and our security is threatened. Heck, it doesn't even have to be national security - they could get blackmailed to give up favors or info on just about any topic.

Crotch photos, and undies photos would probably not incite that degree of cover-up where the Congress-person is willing to divulge National security information to cover-up some wrong-doing.

That's not to say what Weiner did was illegal, or wrong. If all the ladies were down with it, which is appears they were, there is nothing here, but political BS.

Aknazer

As a military member i see both sides of the dadt debate. Personally i would rather see us as a fully integrated force (and yes that means coed showers/dorms) but the truth of the matter is that we simply arent to that point as a society. So then the question becomes where do you draw the line in order to protect both moral amd disipline and the troops along with trying to treat everyone equal. If we were to have coed showers/dorms there would be even more complaints. With gays theres likely going to be some nasty incidents involving gays in deployed locations (like sock party style incidents) and for awhile it wont matter what the leadership says because it will be the lower ranks causing the issues amd not listening to their superiors. And i mean women already get special treatment in regards to appearance regs, facilities, and pt scores, and i dont want to see another group of indiviuals get special treatment. If your in the military then you should all be treated the same with the only exception being pregnancy (and only because its physically impossible for a true man to become pregnant. If they could then they should be treated the same as pregnant females)

So while im not against the repeal of dadt, theres far more going on than simply waving a wand and having gays openly serve without any issues.

In regards to weinergate, the pictures dont bother me to the point that he should be removed as it wasnt illegal. What does bother me is that he could make allegations that he was hacked and then lie to everyone that he didnt send them amd what not. It is those blatant lies that should cause him to he removed. Also if someone i were to vote for were to have a scandal like this, even if they were to admit ot from the start, i wouldnt vote for tuem again. But at least if they were to admit to it at the start i wouldnt think they should be removed from office as its a personal matter.

Dreamer

So let me get this straight...

Congress just passed the re-upping of the Patriot Act, subjecting US Citizens to an ever-increasing level of intrusion, violation, and subjugation.

The Banksters have stolen neary $30 TRILLION from the taxpayers, and are STILL holding out their hands for more...

The "derivatives" market--a fictional sham made up entirely of fraudulent instruments has a world-wide value of over $1.2 QUADRILLION (that is 1,200 TRILLION to those of you who are mathematically challenged), and the vast majority of it is leveraged against the TAXPAYERS of 1st world nations, because their treasuries have put the taxpayers down as signatories or physical collateral for loans that prop up the derivatives markets...

Jobs are shipping overseas daily, and manufacturing is all but dead in the US...

The phone companies and ISPs are publicly admitting they've been working with the NSA for YEARS tapping, tracing, and databasing EVERY transmission of digital information in the country without warrants or even probable cause...

We have FOUR wars going on abroad, NONE of which we can afford, and NONE of which is legal, because Congress has not declared ANY of them to be "wars"...

Our government is actively engaged in supporting the Opium Trade out of Afghanistan...

Our government is openly engaged in illegal gun-running to the Mexican drug cartels...

and the big story of the week on the Lamestream Media is that some Congressman Twittered a pic of his junk to some webslut?

Really?

REALLY?

This country DESERVES the social/political/economic reaming it is currently receiving. The majority of the citizens are, I am becoming increasingly convinced, incapable of rational thought.

Ben Franklin was right...

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
What's funny about this is that if Anthony was single, he could have just said "Yeah, I'm single, so?" and that would be the end of it. Same with Rep. Chris Lee earlier this year.

The lying was to obstensively protect his marriage that was only a year old.

What's even more disgusting is that this got more news coverage then the fact it was the 67th Anniversary of the Normandy Landing.

Placementvs.Calibur

The real victims here, are the law abiding citizens who may or may not have voted for the Congressmen and women of NY who are so driven to deny their constintuents 2nd amendment rights, but then hypocritically have gun permits. Ring the bell for big government regulations on Wall Street and commodities, then conduct themselves in a selffish manner. The real problem with this country, is that the majority condons these acts by our politicians, and they shrugg it off as business as usual. Granted what you do in your private life is your business, but don't prop yourself up as a Representative of the people and attack those who aren't breaking the law to then get caught up in a web of lies and expect to be heard as a viable voice of the people throughout the nation. I'm glad I live in VA were lawful carry is permitted, it keeps those who do honest, and those who don't on their toes. My message to those who live in DC, MD, NJ, NY, RI, CT, ME, IL, and there are others I won't mention, is to get out while you still can. Tyranny is afoot, and I don't care if you beleive me or not, time will tell.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Daylen

Crotch photos, and undies photos would probably not incite that degree of cover-up where the Congress-person is willing to divulge National security information to cover-up some wrong-doing.

That's not to say what Weiner did was illegal, or wrong. If all the ladies were down with it, which is appears they were, there is nothing here, but political BS.

nothing except the fact that he is a liar and made false allegations against another person to deflect attention from himself and hurt that persons business. Perverts are annoying, but liars are dangerous, especially when in places of power.

Aknazer

Dreamer, of course this got a huge amount of attention. He lied to the media, and the media doesn't like being lied to even if there are bigger problems. Though honestly this could work in our favor since he was one of the people calling for Justice Thomas to recuse himself from any healthcare case that came to SCOTUS. This could easily make his calls for recusal carry that much less weight, and if we're lucky it could even lead to him eventually resigning and a pro-2a person to take his place.

SFCRetired

Nothing changes but at least the weiner jokes are hilarious.

You hit the nail right on the head there!! I'm old enough to remember when a Congress-critter from Alabama got caught running a house of ill repute in D.C. while in office. This same person used to take bigwigs from other states (usually Northern) to his family's land in LA (Lower Alabama) to "hunt" deer and turkey.

I use the quotes around "hunt" because the deer and turkey were baited or, in the case of the turkeys, live-trapped and secured to a tree or bush with a string! They would have a small black boy concealed to where he could retrieve the string before the "hunter" got close.

The hunting came to an abrupt end when a local paper published a picture of one of the bigwigs holding up a turkey he had "shot". The turkey had its head up looking straight at the camera!!!

Dreamer

The real victims here, are the law abiding citizens ...

No, the REAL victim here is his young, beautiful, PREGNANT wife of less than one year. Imagine the humiliation she must be experiencing now. Poor woman...

But then again, she married a politician, so she had to know that she was getting into a relationship with a professional sociopath...

I feel sorry for his wife. The People of NY can kick him out of office, but his wife is carrying his demon seed, and will have to live with the reminders of his humiliating actions for the rest of her life...