Thread: June Western WA 2nd Saturday OC Meet

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

June Western WA 2nd Saturday OC Meet

We canceled the meet last month, but are starting again this month. Because of problems being seated as a group at the previous IHOP, we are moving to a new location. DEROS and I have spoken to the manager at the IHOP nearest to us and he is looking forward to hosting us. He told me to just let him know a day ahead of time and he'll set an area aside for us, SO:

Saturday
    June 11, 2011
    9:00 am

IHOP
    20402 International Blvd,
    Seatac, WA

FOLLOWED BY:

10:00(ish) am

Starbucks
    23325 Pacific Highway
    Kent, WA

Because the manager is setting aside an area for us at a busy time, I'm asking that everyone who is coming to breakfast be there NLT 9:20. I'm going to advise him that he may start using any other seating around us at that time. After all, he does have a business to run.

ETA: I would also like to get a count of how many people intend to be there, so I can give the manager an idea of how much space to set aside.
    Last edited by Bookman; 06-07-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Negative, Ghost Rider, Monroe gunshow this weekend...
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Might be able to make Starbucks...

Meet Canceled

Due to a lack of interest, the 2nd Saturday meet is canceled. Indefinitely.

It's been fun, but it seems to have outlived it's usefulness.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post

What if we just show up anyway? Is it still cancelled then? I think alot of people are like me and just don't commit early on because their just not sure if they can be there or not. Earlier in the week I would have said no way, but now it's looking like I probably will be able to go. And I'd love to see you guys at Starbucks.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

I'll be there if anyone shows up but if people don't commit I have no way of telling them how many seats we'll need.

I asked for positive responses for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post

Jeez, let's not get too serious. That is one of the problems we have here is people getting too serious. This meet is a standing meet, if you want/can make it go, if you can't or don't want to go, then don't. We as a group need to lighten-up. I know, bring on the flame throwers.
    GD14S
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

This is the first time at a new location so I asked for people to let me know if they were coming. I wanted to be able to give the manager an idea of how many people to expect. I don't think that's at all unreasonable for a one time request. So far, there hasn't been a single positive response. This leads me to believe that no one is interested any more.

Show up if you want. Continue without me. I've decided that from now on I'll attend other meets, but this one has run it's string out.

Perhaps there is a lack of interest because of the season. People generally have outdoor activities this time of year; yardwork, kids out of school, vacations, etc. If I could get the time off and had transportation, I would be there. Let people meet if they want, where they want. Those that want to see other people will show up. There is just a lot going on for most folks this time of year. If there is a desire to do the 2nd Saturday again, maybe fall would be a better time. I see several meet ups listed on our forum; it doesn't have to be official if people want to gather for coffee and/or breakfast. Let's not over think this!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin