• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

June Western WA 2nd Saturday OC Meet

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
We canceled the meet last month, but are starting again this month. Because of problems being seated as a group at the previous IHOP, we are moving to a new location. DEROS and I have spoken to the manager at the IHOP nearest to us and he is looking forward to hosting us. He told me to just let him know a day ahead of time and he'll set an area aside for us, SO:

Saturday
June 11, 2011
9:00 am

IHOP
20402 International Blvd,
Seatac, WA

FOLLOWED BY:

10:00(ish) am

Starbucks
23325 Pacific Highway
Kent, WA

Because the manager is setting aside an area for us at a busy time, I'm asking that everyone who is coming to breakfast be there NLT 9:20. I'm going to advise him that he may start using any other seating around us at that time. After all, he does have a business to run.

ETA: I would also like to get a count of how many people intend to be there, so I can give the manager an idea of how much space to set aside.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

Due to a lack of interest, the 2nd Saturday meet is canceled. Indefinitely.

It's been fun, but it seems to have outlived it's usefulness.

What if we just show up anyway? Is it still cancelled then? I think alot of people are like me and just don't commit early on because their just not sure if they can be there or not. Earlier in the week I would have said no way, but now it's looking like I probably will be able to go. And I'd love to see you guys at Starbucks. :)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Due to a lack of interest, the 2nd Saturday meet is canceled. Indefinitely.

It's been fun, but it seems to have outlived it's usefulness.

Jeez, let's not get too serious. That is one of the problems we have here is people getting too serious. This meet is a standing meet, if you want/can make it go, if you can't or don't want to go, then don't. We as a group need to lighten-up. I know, bring on the flame throwers.
GD14S

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
This is the first time at a new location so I asked for people to let me know if they were coming. I wanted to be able to give the manager an idea of how many people to expect. I don't think that's at all unreasonable for a one time request. So far, there hasn't been a single positive response. This leads me to believe that no one is interested any more.

Show up if you want. Continue without me. I've decided that from now on I'll attend other meets, but this one has run it's string out.

Ruby

Perhaps there is a lack of interest because of the season. People generally have outdoor activities this time of year; yardwork, kids out of school, vacations, etc. If I could get the time off and had transportation, I would be there. Let people meet if they want, where they want. Those that want to see other people will show up. There is just a lot going on for most folks this time of year. If there is a desire to do the 2nd Saturday again, maybe fall would be a better time. I see several meet ups listed on our forum; it doesn't have to be official if people want to gather for coffee and/or breakfast. Let's not over think this!