Thread: Weapons in commercial vehicle

Weapons in commercial vehicle

Are there any laws regarding transport of weapons in a commercial vehicle? I have a company vehicle and drive it 100% of the time. (ie: personal use) My boss does not have any problems with anything I do. I was informed by another employee that there may be laws pertaining to the transport of a firearm while in a commercial vehicle. It has the company name on th side and a USDOT number and all that. I was not able to come up with anything regarding this issue in my search.

Thanks for any help.

Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Nope no laws. Just the carry laws that pertain to everyone in each state.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Maybee, Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Nope no laws. Just the carry laws that pertain to everyone in each state.
    +1 that's the way I understand it as well.
    Last edited by Onnie; 06-07-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

The Shoals, NW, AL
    Can't speak to any state laws in Michigan since I don't travel there for work but, the federal regs refer only to weapons carried as cargo. No mention of the drivers personal firearm, state laws apply. In the Southeastern states that I travel in for work, I have not found any laws prohibiting a driver of a commercial vehicle from carrying as long as you are otherwise legal, as in necessary license, etc.

I have met and talked with many misinformed LEOs that "think" it is illegal but, that is nothing new for anyone here.