• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MRE's....

Tony4310

Anyone here know where to order TRUE military MRE's at a fair price ( seems like places want to charge more than they are worth )? I've been looking around and seem to see lots of civilian versions,but I want military MRE's. I want to stock pile ( at least 6 months worth ) some for emergencies.

mechanicworkman

Your a braver Man than me!

Anyone who wants a 6 month supply has TRUELY never eaten them in a real live situation long enough to get past the fun stage to get to the fact that those things suck!

I ate MRE's in IRAQ for 2 meals a day for over 6 month strait at a forward operating base in IRAQ. You want a 6 months supply your very brave.

In any case look up army surplus stores in your area usually around an army base! Usually there is soldiers comming in pawning stuff(NOT THAT THEY CAN LEGALLY PAWN THEM) but they usually have some. I think the last time i went into the army surplus near Ft. Lenordwoood when i was down there for training i am pretty sure they had some.

Just do a search on internet for for army surplus stores and give em a call. and they should tell you what they got!

I am not sure what they are second hand but, as i recall they were over a hundred bucks a case so 6 months supply is serioiusly a chunk of money!

My 2 cents

Last edited:

Anyone here know where to order TRUE military MRE's at a fair price ( seems like places want to charge more than they are worth )? I've been looking around and seem to see lots of civilian versions,but I want military MRE's. I want to stock pile ( at least 6 months worth ) some for emergencies.

You might check on E-bay. Noticed some guy had 12 cases of fresh MRE's advertised for sale. Others had smaller lots of fresh ones.

Tony4310

I love MRE's. I got a case while in Joplin working with there fire department and now my wife likes them too lol.