• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glenn Beck

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
meh. I like some of Glenn Beck's stuff, but I think he tries too hard to pretend he's some wacky crazy guy who "just gets it."

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Given that I am a gun rights enthusiast, and there is a perception of Beck as a lunatic, I'd just rather we had more rational folks to help promote the cause. I appreciate all the support we can muster for gun rights, but when it comes from a preceived wack job, I don't think it helps very much. In fact, it likely does much more harm than it helps.

Beck has carefully cultivated the perception of his being rather wacko. Anti-gun types will point to him and say... "see... that's the kind of people who want to carry guns!?!?"

That being said, his points are valid and I agree with them. Guess I must be one of them crazy gun toting liberal types.
Oh my stars.... I'm a wack job too!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited: