• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My new approach

phred

I have decided that I will not pay forward to any cause or person unless I have absolute certainty that I will be supported by them when the time comes. I will tentatively pay memberships for a year before signing on any longer. No results, no renewal.

For example, I just received a request for a donation to the NRA-ILA. Here is my reply:

Dear Chris, June 7, 2011

In response to your donation request to the NRA-ILA here is what I have to offer. If Wisconsin passes SB 93 (as was amended by the end of May, 2011) during the June session of the legislature, I will donate at least $100 of my hard earned money. I cannot, in all good judgment, donate to the NRA-ILA unless they support my most immediate need in Wisconsin. There is no reason why Wisconsinites should not have the full support and determination of the NRA in their quest for Constitutional Carry. Settling for less would be an insult.

Thank you for your time and efforts in this matter.

It was returned mailed in their donation envelope.

Call me crazy, but I cannot afford to put out "chancy" money. I'm not saying that the NRA has not supported Constitutional Carry, but until we actually have it, they have not thrown their full support and determination behind it.

M

McX

right on, i put my money, monthly where the nickels do their best: Wisconsin Carry..............they make other groups to donate to?

MKEgal

Once the NRA realized they could either stand with us or get run over by the grass-roots movement for Constitutional Carry, they've been supportive. And they were working on a "permit & training" bill years ago, that the Dems shut down the legislature early in order to avoid voting on.

Look at the video Nik just posted of the NRA-ILA rep on a radio show (I think in Madison?). He also testified at the hearing for SB93, & spoke at the workshops in the week leading up to that hearing.

Not having money, donating it is not an option for me right now.

phred

Look at the video Nik just posted of the NRA-ILA rep on a radio show (I think in Madison?). He also testified at the hearing for SB93, & spoke at the workshops in the week leading up to that hearing.

I saw it before Nik posted the link. I didn't like him "forecasting" what the final bill would look like this at this stage of the game. SB93 has not yet hit the Senate floor and he is already "satisfied" with permits and training as a reality?

This is what prompted my "new approach" in the first place.

hardballer

Any Org. that plays politics instead of standing up for a conservative and pro-constitutional bill, can kiss my donation goodbye. At this point there are damn few that I donate to anymore. I haven't donated to the NRA for several years. It takes 30,000 memberships just to pay Wayne's La Pierre's salary. Siding with the likes of Reid and other obviously liberal candidates and their obtuse rating system gives me the shyts Stand up. Stand for something.