• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

reporter wants to talk w/ women & minorities who carry

MKEgal

Motofixxer put me in touch w/ a Madison reporter who wants to ask about open carry & whether you'll continue to OC, only cc, or some combination once it's legal in WI.

We've both talked w/ him & find him to be fairly neutral in his personal views.
I don't hesitate to ask others to talk with him.

I've just PM'd the 2 WI women I can think of; if you fit the "women or minority" label, PM me & I'll send contact info for the reporter. Please do this in the next day or so, as he's working on a story now.

VW_Factor

I've just PM'd the 2 WI women I can think of; if you fit the "women or minority" label, PM me & I'll send contact info for the reporter. Please do this in the next day or so, as he's working on a story now.

Is this for a WI only news source, or does the reporter want to speak with people in other areas of the country as well?

VW_Factor

I think he only wants to talk w/ WI people, since it's our law that's on the verge of changing.

Well, if he happens to need/want perspective from a state which has both rights (the CC is what you guys are rallying for) I am sure my wife would be happy to answer some questions as well. :)

Cobbersmom

Well, he called

Not sure if he really understands but he was pleasant to talk with. I was explaining about my local felon threatening me and he made a comment about him being a felon means he won't be able to get a permit to carry. Even tho I said that makes no difference to criminals, they will have guns no matter what. I said criminals don't care about the law and the my guy was seen packaging meth (or some kind of drug) last year. He did seem to think that the middle age 40'ish guys that always OC just to it to show they can. I said it more like educating people to be able to see law abiding citizens with guns and nothing bad is happening. People can see the gun isn't jumping out of the holster doing bad things.
Oh well, we'll see.

wild boar

If i may?

I know that a white caucus doesn't exist, and that our opinion is no longer press worthy. With all that in mind, I can see a twist coming out of this, ( maybe ). This is only one mans opinion, and is not meant as a directive of any type. The new guy.

Last edited: