Thread: Might not need a gun to protect your kids in a bank robbery

Might not need a gun to protect your kids in a bank robbery

If the robber has a toy gun and you have multiple tours in Iraq under your belt.

http://www.army.mil/article/59042/So...ry_in_Florida/

He's very lucky it wasn't a real gun. That could've ended very badly for him. There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

Why didn't he use a gun to just shoot the robber? Oh wait, he is military stationed overseas. So obtaining, possessing, and traveling with a handgun is probably such a hassel for him it isn't worth it or even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Why didn't he use a gun to just shoot the robber? Oh wait, he is military stationed overseas.
    Sarasota, FL is overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    So obtaining, possessing, and traveling with a handgun is probably such a hassel for him it isn't worth it or even possible.
    Oh, wait - that's right. He's stationed overseas, along with his family, so they were on leave in Sarasota.

Yes, during the several years I was stationed overseas, I gave my firearms to my father for safekeeping. Provided I was visiting him, I was armed, at least at home. I couldn't get a CC here in the Springs back then, as I was neither stationed nor living here, and hadn't even known at the time that OC was legal.
    Last edited by since9; 06-08-2011 at 04:56 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

He will probably get an Article 15 for risking government property getting damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyDeath View Post
    He will probably get an Article 15 for risking government property getting damaged.
    lol, no joke. LOR for personal endangerment.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

I half expect to see him confined to base for exhibiting a "wild" and "recklessly dangerous" non-compliant attitude unrepresentative of the "professionalism" of the Armed Forces.

Unless his garrison commander has a pair, in which case he may very well receive an upcheck in his service record.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.