Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McKenna to announce for WA Governor !!!!!

McKenna to announce for WA Governor !!!!!

BREAKING: McKenna to announce for governor

Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna, the official who warned the City of Seattle that its attempt to ban guns from public property was illegal under state law, is reportedly planning to announce his candidacy for governor.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...e-for-governor

McKenna is ok for a Lawyer. I could vote for him.

You mean this guy....

I could vote for him....

Live Free or Die!

I will totally vote for him...BUT the likelihood of him winning? I dunno, it COULD happen.

He has a hell of a lot better chance of winning that Dino Rossi. Hell if he were to run as a Democrat he would be a shoe in since most of the people in Washington vote based on the presence of the letter D on a ballot.

McKenna will be running with a new leader in charge of the State Republican Party. Maybe Kirby Wibur will be able to help get the message out better than the previous chair was able to.

Gregoire has upset a lot of people recently who thought she'd be able to pull some magic out of her ???? during the last Budget. When those who have relied on the Dem's to keep them fully employed in the Government start loosing their jobs maybe they'll stop blindly supporting candidates like Gregoire.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

+11111111

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

There's talk that Gregoire will not seek another re-election.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    McKenna will be running with a new leader in charge of the State Republican Party. Maybe Kirby Wibur will be able to help get the message out better than the previous chair was able to.

Gregoire has upset a lot of people recently who thought she'd be able to pull some magic out of her ???? during the last Budget. When those who have relied on the Dem's to keep them fully employed in the Government start loosing their jobs maybe they'll stop blindly supporting candidates like Gregoire.
    Our union spread a rumor that if Rossi was elected that he would start to privatize government agencies. Gregoire said that our budget was fine and almost right after the election the cuts started.

Rossi has already run and lost twice; I wonder if he can afford to run again. I don't think he will be able to generate very much enthusiasm. Rob McKenna has my support and my vote.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Don't forget he lost the Senate race too.

I will vote for McKenna in a heart beat, I will also work my butt off for him if he decides to run.

While I'll vote for McKenna, we will never be allowed to have a conservative (independent or Republican) for governor again. The Democrat Party controls the elections board. How many recall the last election where it was proven publicly that there was fraud and corruption involving the votes and vote counting followed by multiple recounts until Queen Christine "won"? And what came of all that vote fraud? Nothing. No recalls, no "reform", no cleaning out the corrupt board members. Nada.

Look around our state. The majority of the real citizens are generally conservative yet some how most county governments are almost completely Democrat. I'm surprised they let any Republicans in the state legislature.

Frankly it doesn't really matter. Democrat or Republican, they're both just different sides of the same coin. The only difference is in how they control money.

I will vote for him, hopefully there will be enough votes for him that all the votes from the illegals and dead people can't counter his win. Hopefully the elections board will count the votes from service men and women who are stationed out of the country this time. Hopefully he'll win, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If he won though, could he (would he) fix the problems that the Democrats have made?
    Last edited by sirpuma; 06-09-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Very well said....

They change once they get into office. Sure he said that local governments are running afoul of state preemption but what was the result? Nothing. No consequence of any sort. So if he wins and he has to wear many hats that governors often do, where do you think that leaves the O.C. community? On the backburner thats where. I like the guy but have been jaded enough to know broken promises are standard fare in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpuma View Post

I will vote for him, hopefully there will be enough votes for him that all the votes from the illegals and dead people can't counter his win.
    Don't forget convicted and/or incarcerated felons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    They change once they get into office. Sure he said that local governments are running afoul of state preemption but what was the result? Nothing. No consequence of any sort. So if he wins and he has to wear many hats that governors often do, where do you think that leaves the O.C. community? On the backburner thats where. I like the guy but have been jaded enough to know broken promises are standard fare in politics.
    As the AG, he can issue opinions, but at he same time he is tasked with being the defender of the state. As such he cannot start action against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I could vote for him....

Its a good thing we decided to go downtown that day huh Nick...

Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    Its a good thing we decided to go downtown that day huh Nick...
    Ya know Jim, I am always proud to go promote OC with you. We have been very fortunate in our OC endeavors....
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I think he has been an OK AG and very accepting of OC, but some of his other positions have bothered me and I am with Sirpuma, he's a different twig of the same branch.

Banning 4 Loco [sp?], because kids get f'd up on it, come on it is already illegal for these kids to drink.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I'll have to see what his other stances are. I'm not ok with nanny state rules. If a person is too stupid to take care of their own business then government shouldn't be holding their hand.

I work for one of the few State agencies that makes money for this train wreck. Needless to say I'm not happy about getting my pay cut in July. I would love to know where all these "fat cat State employees" are because where I work they pay less than the private sector and the health benefits are weaker.

I don't see McKenna beating Gregoire's "dirty ballot tricks" team.

I don't think professional, career politicians, are going to be effective at fixing the underlying problems our state and country face. That includes McKenna.

He might be better then Greguire in some respects, but he carries his own bucket of BS -- it's just a different bucket if crap than Greguire carries.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 06-09-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Banning 4 Loco [sp?], because kids get f'd up on it, come on it is already illegal for these kids to drink.....
    Yes, that is an anti-freedom, anti-free market, nanny-state, pansy move (and ironic).
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 06-09-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    I don't think professional, career politicians, are going to be effective at fixing the underlying problems our state and country face. That includes McKenna.

He might be better then Greguire in some respects, but he carries his own bucket of BS -- it's just a different bucket if crap than Greguire carries.
    Very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I think he has been an OK AG and very accepting of OC, but some of his other positions have bothered me and I am with Sirpuma, he's a different twig of the same branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Yes, that is an anti-freedom, anti-free market, nanny-state, pansy move (and ironic).
    Yep same branch of big government, they feel they and laws are the solution....(sigh) and very disappointing to hear another lawyer tout Bentham like thinking and rational.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast