• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McKenna to announce for WA Governor !!!!!

gsx1138

I'll have to see what his other stances are. I'm not ok with nanny state rules. If a person is too stupid to take care of their own business then government shouldn't be holding their hand.

I work for one of the few State agencies that makes money for this train wreck. Needless to say I'm not happy about getting my pay cut in July. I would love to know where all these "fat cat State employees" are because where I work they pay less than the private sector and the health benefits are weaker.

Dave_pro2a

I don't think professional, career politicians, are going to be effective at fixing the underlying problems our state and country face. That includes McKenna.

He might be better then Greguire in some respects, but he carries his own bucket of BS -- it's just a different bucket if crap than Greguire carries.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I don't think professional, career politicians, are going to be effective at fixing the underlying problems our state and country face. That includes McKenna.

He might be better then Greguire in some respects, but he carries his own bucket of BS -- it's just a different bucket if crap than Greguire carries.

Very well said!

I think he has been an OK AG and very accepting of OC, but some of his other positions have bothered me and I am with Sirpuma, he's a different twig of the same branch.

Banning 4 Loco [sp?], because kids get f'd up on it, come on it is already illegal for these kids to drink.....:banghead:

Yes, that is an anti-freedom, anti-free market, nanny-state, pansy move (and ironic).

Yep same branch of big government, they feel they and laws are the solution....(sigh) and very disappointing to hear another lawyer tout Bentham like thinking and rational.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Who should and will 'fix' the 'underlying problems'? Do you think that we could get 10 guys on this board to agree to the same 'fix' and the same 'underlying problems'?

I think sometimes that many do not understand what the electoral process brings to our society. We vote for politicians and none of them will ever be perfect for you or I except you or myself representing ourselves respectively. Therefore, voting for the candidate that will "move" the pendulum closer to the direction of how "I" think is all that is required. I have met McKenna and have worked with him on issues in the past, I have confidence he will move the pendulum in a direction that I can be satisfied with and this state has not seen in the last 26 years. To continue to move that pendulum the state will need more house and senate members that will sway the pendulum in a similar direction AND it will need to continue for at least a decade. As in the past, I will and my daughter will work for McKenna and other's campaigns (I helped Muri in the last congressional race and others). I hope others will do the same.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Who should and will 'fix' the 'underlying problems'? Do you think that we could get 10 guys on this board to agree to the same 'fix' and the same 'underlying problems'?

I think sometimes that many do not understand what the electoral process brings to our society. We vote for politicians and none of them will ever be perfect for you or I except you or myself representing ourselves respectively. Therefore, voting for the candidate that will "move" the pendulum closer to the direction of how "I" think is all that is required. I have met McKenna and have worked with him on issues in the past, I have confidence he will move the pendulum in a direction that I can be satisfied with and this state has not seen in the last 26 years. To continue to move that pendulum the state will need more house and senate members that will sway the pendulum in a similar direction AND it will need to continue for at least a decade. As in the past, I will and my daughter will work for McKenna and other's campaigns (I help Muri in the last congressional race and others). I hope others will do the same.

Thank you Gogodawgs for another well thought out post, I could not agree more with what you said.

Too many people want to take one step on the trail and expect to at the end of their journey, life, kids and politics simply are not that easy it takes work.

BTW I will work for McKenna knowing that he will not be perfect, McKenna is just a step or if we are lucky several steps on the trail to results that we all want. Of course everyone is well within their rights to to simply sit on their backsides and whine. Just dont tell me about it unles you are actively involved because I am not listening to you anymore.

Dave_pro2a

I think sometimes that many do not understand what the electoral process brings to our society. We vote for politicians and none of them will ever be perfect for you or I except you or myself representing ourselves respectively. Therefore, voting for the candidate that will "move" the pendulum closer to the direction of how "I" think is all that is required. I have met McKenna and have worked with him on issues in the past, I have confidence he will move the pendulum in a direction that I can be satisfied with and this state has not seen in the last 26 years. To continue to move that pendulum the state will need more house and senate members that will sway the pendulum in a similar direction AND it will need to continue for at least a decade. As in the past, I will and my daughter will work for McKenna and other's campaigns (I helped Muri in the last congressional race and others). I hope others will do the same.

Constitutional Republic with no wealth redistribution + severe limits on governmental power. It's not reinventing the wheel, rather it's the political principles this country was founded upon.

Eventually the People will solve the problem... NOT professional, career politicians.

Aww who am I kidding. No one will solve the underlying problems. This country will get worse till it burns like Rome.

Your daughter, and my children, are inheriting a country in worse shape than it was for the previous generation. Just like how my generation inherited a worse country from my parents. Our children (or their children, or their grandchildren, etc) will have to watch American devolve into a 3rd world state run by a totalitarian regime.

Welcome to reality, vote for McKenna the potential lesser of two evils. It's still a choice between a Douche and a Turd sandwich.

Unless he suddenly comes to his senses and realizes that things like gay marriage, medical marijuana, abortion and birth control are all things that lay outside the scope of governmental power. Until then he's anti-freedom, just in a different way than the Anti-2A Gregoire.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Constitutional Republic with no wealth redistribution + severe limits on governmental power. It's not reinventing the wheel, rather it's the political principles this country was founded upon.

Eventually the People will solve the problem... NOT professional, career politicians.

Aww who am I kidding. No one will solve the underlying problems. This country will get worse till it burns like Rome.

Your daughter, and my children, are inheriting a country in worse shape than it was for the previous generation. Just like how my generation inherited a worse country from my parents. Our children (or their children, or their grandchildren, etc) will have to watch American devolve into a 3rd world state run by a totalitarian regime.

Welcome to reality, vote for McKenna the potential lesser of two evils. It's still a choice between a Douche and a Turd sandwich.

Unless he suddenly comes to his senses and realizes that things like gay marriage, medical marijuana, abortion and birth control are all things that lay outside the scope of governmental power. Until then he's anti-freedom, just in a different way than the Anti-2A Gregoire.

So there is a candidate running that will immediately return the State of Washington to a Constitutional Repbulic?

Note to self: good job not degrading anyone or calling anyone names or using the term 'douche' to make a point. :banana:

Dave_pro2a

. Just dont tell me about it unles you are actively involved because I am not listening to you anymore.

WTF is the point of being actively involved in a corrupt system? One where fraud is rampant, and one county uses it to rule the state.

WTF is the point of being involved in a system which disenfranchises up to 49.999% of voters? If your side loses you have zero representation, and your side can lose by a c-hair.

WTF is the point of being involved with a system where mob rules? Simple democracy (which is what this country is shifting toward) is a joke, a cruel, twisted, inherently unjust joke.

WTF is the point of being involved in a system that rewards lobbyist with our tax dollars. Wealth redistribution will always be accompanied by massive waste, fraud, and other abuses... and in fact is a disincentive toward being productive (both on a corporate and individual level).

WTF is the point of being involved if the legislators keeps repealing citizen passed initiative as soon as they are able (car tabs, tax limitation, etc).

WTF is the point of being involved in a system that totally ignores the a lawful vote of the people :)cough:: stadiums).

I'm not apathetic, I'm disgusted.

Put me on your ignore list, and think a little deeper. Not necessarily in that order ;)

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Note to self: good job not degrading anyone or calling anyone names or using the term 'douche' to make a point. :banana:

Yeah, I think that cultural reference zipped right over your head. Google it, then watch the episode.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

WTF is the point of being actively involved in a corrupt system? One where fraud is rampant, and one county uses it to rule the state.

WTF is the point of being involved in a system which disenfranchises up to 49.999% of voters? If your side loses you have zero representation, and your side can lose by a c-hair.

WTF is the point of being involved with a system where mob rules? Simple democracy (which is what this country is shifting toward) is a joke, a cruel, twisted, inherently unjust joke.

WTF is the point of being involved in a system that rewards lobbyist with our tax dollars. Wealth redistribution will always be accompanied by massive waste, fraud, and other abuses... and in fact is a disincentive toward being productive (both on a corporate and individual level).

WTF is the point of being involved if the legislators keeps repealing citizen passed initiative as soon as they are able (car tabs, tax limitation, etc).

WTF is the point of being involved in a system that totally ignores the a lawful vote of the people :)cough:: stadiums).

I'm not apathetic, I'm disgusted.

Put me on your ignore list, and think a little deeper. Not necessarily in that order ;)

I am disgusted as well.

The point to being involved is to change what you are unhappy with.

Anyone with your attitude has surrendered, has been beaten and has accepted what ever fate awaits them. Not only that but they have made the choice for their descendants and too a point my descendants. Please dont do that to yourself or others. I refuse to accept that I can not do anything more to change the situation, I will make a difference each and every day.

Dave I was not talking about puting you on ignore. I am simply saying if you dont/wont do anything about the situation you dont get to whine to me about it.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I do, I believe we can find 10 people on this forum who could agree that the solution isn't more laws and government control......but I am optimistic....;)

I am disgusted as well.

The point to being involved is to change what you are unhappy with.

Anyone with your attitude has surrendered, has been beaten and has accepted what ever fate awaits them. Not only that but they have made the choice for their descendants and too a point my descendants. Please dont do that to yourself or others. I refuse to accept that I can not do anything more to change the situation, I will make a difference each and every day.

I have never voted in my life I have always have had a disgust for the lesser of 2 evils theory. Because the lesser of evil is still moving toward tyranny. Most R folks now days would think of JFK as an extremist. It used to render me apathetic politically. I have woken up and will register to vote, but I will only vote for people I truly believe in. Ron Paul even though has a few issues I disagree with will get my vote. I truly believe he has no personal agenda than trying to return our country back to a constitutional republic where rights reign supreme. I don't know if I can say the same about McKenna.

I like McKenna I appreciate many of his stances but the simple fact that he took a major (I believe mostly political) stand on banning substances because of a few people damaged themselves using it is very telling to me. I don't know if I could feel comfortable voting for someone who pushes for more control.

Great discussion though guys appreciate the viewpoints.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Reagan Dunn to run.....

Newly announced attorney general candidate Reagan Dunn said Tuesday he would work to keep violent criminals off the street and insist the federal government meet its obligation to clean up the Hanford nuclear reservation.

Dunn, a Metropolitan King County Council member and a former assistant U.S. attorney, announced his candidacy in the 2012 election Tuesday, less than a week after Attorney General Rob McKenna launched his own campaign for governor.

Now I wonder what Dunn's stance on 9.41, Article I Sec 24, and the 2nd Am. are???

SpyderTattoo

Ron Sims just quit his federal job and is going to move back to Washington State. He hasn't said yet if he'll run for governor...

The timing is suspicious

Dave_pro2a

Ron Sims just quit his federal job and is going to move back to Washington State. He hasn't said yet if he'll run for governor...

The timing is suspicious

Sims could be that stupid.

WA voters could be that stupid.

It could be a perfect storm of stupidity, making for another fun filled, business killing, tax raising, 4 years.