• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McKenna to announce for WA Governor !!!!!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
You mean this guy....

I could vote for him....

washingtonoclicense.jpg

LibertyDeath

He has a hell of a lot better chance of winning that Dino Rossi. Hell if he were to run as a Democrat he would be a shoe in since most of the people in Washington vote based on the presence of the letter D on a ballot.

amlevin

McKenna will be running with a new leader in charge of the State Republican Party. Maybe Kirby Wibur will be able to help get the message out better than the previous chair was able to.

Gregoire has upset a lot of people recently who thought she'd be able to pull some magic out of her ???? during the last Budget. When those who have relied on the Dem's to keep them fully employed in the Government start loosing their jobs maybe they'll stop blindly supporting candidates like Gregoire.

LibertyDeath

McKenna will be running with a new leader in charge of the State Republican Party. Maybe Kirby Wibur will be able to help get the message out better than the previous chair was able to.

Gregoire has upset a lot of people recently who thought she'd be able to pull some magic out of her ???? during the last Budget. When those who have relied on the Dem's to keep them fully employed in the Government start loosing their jobs maybe they'll stop blindly supporting candidates like Gregoire.

Our union spread a rumor that if Rossi was elected that he would start to privatize government agencies. Gregoire said that our budget was fine and almost right after the election the cuts started.

Ruby

Rossi has already run and lost twice; I wonder if he can afford to run again. I don't think he will be able to generate very much enthusiasm. Rob McKenna has my support and my vote.

sirpuma

While I'll vote for McKenna, we will never be allowed to have a conservative (independent or Republican) for governor again. The Democrat Party controls the elections board. How many recall the last election where it was proven publicly that there was fraud and corruption involving the votes and vote counting followed by multiple recounts until Queen Christine "won"? And what came of all that vote fraud? Nothing. No recalls, no "reform", no cleaning out the corrupt board members. Nada.

Look around our state. The majority of the real citizens are generally conservative yet some how most county governments are almost completely Democrat. I'm surprised they let any Republicans in the state legislature.

Frankly it doesn't really matter. Democrat or Republican, they're both just different sides of the same coin. The only difference is in how they control money.

I will vote for him, hopefully there will be enough votes for him that all the votes from the illegals and dead people can't counter his win. Hopefully the elections board will count the votes from service men and women who are stationed out of the country this time. Hopefully he'll win, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If he won though, could he (would he) fix the problems that the Democrats have made?

Last edited:

Lovenox

They change once they get into office. Sure he said that local governments are running afoul of state preemption but what was the result? Nothing. No consequence of any sort. So if he wins and he has to wear many hats that governors often do, where do you think that leaves the O.C. community? On the backburner thats where. I like the guy but have been jaded enough to know broken promises are standard fare in politics.

Trigger Dr

They change once they get into office. Sure he said that local governments are running afoul of state preemption but what was the result? Nothing. No consequence of any sort. So if he wins and he has to wear many hats that governors often do, where do you think that leaves the O.C. community? On the backburner thats where. I like the guy but have been jaded enough to know broken promises are standard fare in politics.

As the AG, he can issue opinions, but at he same time he is tasked with being the defender of the state. As such he cannot start action against the state.

sudden valley gunner

I think he has been an OK AG and very accepting of OC, but some of his other positions have bothered me and I am with Sirpuma, he's a different twig of the same branch.

Banning 4 Loco [sp?], because kids get f'd up on it, come on it is already illegal for these kids to drink.....:banghead: