Thread: thought I'd say howdy...

thought I'd say howdy...

Colorado has entered the running as my new #1 choice for a place to escape the horrid mental defects of Floriduh. Hope ya'll can cope with me... :-p
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Howdy, I welcome anyone who's pro-liberty to make this great state their home. The more to advance the cause out here the merrier!

I hope to be joining you early next year. Not to escape oppressive firearm legislation but to escape the oppressive southern heat.

Howdy Amigo!
    Welcome to the Colorado forum! We have a great state here. Where do you know that a guy can go swimming in the morning, run around in shorts and a tee shirt, then go skiing in fresh snow in the afternoon? Where else can a guy go gold panning along a mountain stream (with success!!!) then watch an NFL football team in the afternoon, and maybe check out a broadway play in the evening?

But just to be cautious, I should mention we have winter here. You mentioned heat, and we have that too. But it is a dry heat. Not too shabby. Being a flatlander, you might take your time to adjust to altitude. Mountain sickness can be a real problem for newcomers, should you decide to hang your hat out this way.

We have a really great environment, with 300 days of sun each year. It isn't uncommon to see three feet of snow fall with temperatures below zero one day, only to have a high in the 50's the next, and all that snow melting fast. It happens more often than most folks would believe.

But to stay reasonably on topic, it is also a pretty good place to OC. I have been running around with my XDm .40, and haven't been bothered anywhere in my travels. Yet, anyhow. Denver City and County is a place to avoid carrying unless you have a permit, but I'd just recommend staying clear of Denver's territory... and it ain't just because of their attitude toward carry.

Anyhow, I just started this thing to say howdy. Got carried away just a bit, but hope you'll join us here on the Colorado Front Range and enjoy the diversity we have here. We got desert country. We got mountains. We got rangeland. We got prairies. We got grasslands. We've even got culture. Museums, world class theatre complexes, opera, dance, and every other convenience of a modern international destination. Not too shabby for a cowtown state.

Welcome aboard!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    I hope to be joining you early next year. Not to escape oppressive firearm legislation but to escape the oppressive southern heat.
    Don't forget the humidity! We do get humidity here from time to time, but it's almost always associated with cooler, misty, or rainy weather reminiscent of the Seattle area. Fortunately, it's only in passing.

As M-Taliesin said, we get 300 days of sun, here, whereas they get nearly that many days of dreary drizzle.
    Last edited by since9; 06-11-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Don't forget the humidity! We do get humidity here from time to time, but it's almost always associated with cooler, misty, or rainy weather reminiscent of the Seattle area. Fortunately, it's only in passing.

As M-Taliesin said, we get 300 days of sun, here, whereas they get nearly that many days of dreary drizzle.
    I spent between the ages of 2 and 16 in Washington (I-5 south of Olympia). I don't have an issue with rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    I spent between the ages of 2 and 16 in Washington (I-5 south of Olympia). I don't have an issue with rain.
    Howdy Kingfish!
    Yeah, well you won't see much of that in Colorado! LOL!!!
    We are a semiarid state ya know.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Colorado has entered the running as my new #1 choice for a place to escape the horrid mental defects of Floriduh. Hope ya'll can cope with me... :-p
    Please take me with you. I want to go back.