• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thought I'd say howdy...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Colorado has entered the running as my new #1 choice for a place to escape the horrid mental defects of Floriduh. Hope ya'll can cope with me... :p

Kingfish

I hope to be joining you early next year. Not to escape oppressive firearm legislation but to escape the oppressive southern heat.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
Welcome to the Colorado forum! We have a great state here. Where do you know that a guy can go swimming in the morning, run around in shorts and a tee shirt, then go skiing in fresh snow in the afternoon? Where else can a guy go gold panning along a mountain stream (with success!!!) then watch an NFL football team in the afternoon, and maybe check out a broadway play in the evening?

But just to be cautious, I should mention we have winter here. You mentioned heat, and we have that too. But it is a dry heat. Not too shabby. Being a flatlander, you might take your time to adjust to altitude. Mountain sickness can be a real problem for newcomers, should you decide to hang your hat out this way.

We have a really great environment, with 300 days of sun each year. It isn't uncommon to see three feet of snow fall with temperatures below zero one day, only to have a high in the 50's the next, and all that snow melting fast. It happens more often than most folks would believe.

But to stay reasonably on topic, it is also a pretty good place to OC. I have been running around with my XDm .40, and haven't been bothered anywhere in my travels. Yet, anyhow. Denver City and County is a place to avoid carrying unless you have a permit, but I'd just recommend staying clear of Denver's territory... and it ain't just because of their attitude toward carry.

Anyhow, I just started this thing to say howdy. Got carried away just a bit, but hope you'll join us here on the Colorado Front Range and enjoy the diversity we have here. We got desert country. We got mountains. We got rangeland. We got prairies. We got grasslands. We've even got culture. Museums, world class theatre complexes, opera, dance, and every other convenience of a modern international destination. Not too shabby for a cowtown state.

Welcome aboard!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
I hope to be joining you early next year. Not to escape oppressive firearm legislation but to escape the oppressive southern heat.

Don't forget the humidity! We do get humidity here from time to time, but it's almost always associated with cooler, misty, or rainy weather reminiscent of the Seattle area. Fortunately, it's only in passing.

As M-Taliesin said, we get 300 days of sun, here, whereas they get nearly that many days of dreary drizzle.

Last edited:

Kingfish

Don't forget the humidity! We do get humidity here from time to time, but it's almost always associated with cooler, misty, or rainy weather reminiscent of the Seattle area. Fortunately, it's only in passing.

As M-Taliesin said, we get 300 days of sun, here, whereas they get nearly that many days of dreary drizzle.
I spent between the ages of 2 and 16 in Washington (I-5 south of Olympia). I don't have an issue with rain.