• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Final Lap?

HandyHamlet

Bigger government, bigger bureaucracy, turning a right into a privilege. Elected officials completely ignoring what their constituents demand of them. Elected officials completely ignoring the facts and examples set by other States. Listening to ******** like Flynn.

Not moving forward.

How am I doing so far?

Drakon

Bigger government, bigger bureaucracy, turning a right into a privilege. Elected officials completely ignoring what their constituents demand of them. Elected officials completely ignoring the facts and examples set by other States. Listening to ******** like Flynn.

Not moving forward.

How am I doing so far?

Pretty good.

Drakon

Add to that Walker coming out and making statements against Constitutional Carry instead of supporting it and pushing other Republicans to do the same. While this was no slam dunk with his support, I saw the writing on the wall when he came out for permits and training. Spin this anyway you want.........The guy just screwed us.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Thanks.

Increasing permitting fees. Being illegally detained for Open Carrying while they insist you must conceal. And have a permit. Being pulled over when you pop up as a permit holder. Making the permit holder list public. Being the first to be disarmed by the National Guard, because you are on the permit list, at the beginning of the Zombie apocalypse.

:eek:

.........The guy just screwed us.

Starting to look that way.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

We can **** this up ourselves. Victory is in our grasp. If SB93 fails, it's not Flynn's fault, it's not Walker's fault, it's ours.

This has been bothering me since I first read it. I have been trying to find a way to address that without being insulting.

There is no way I would place any blame on you or any of my freedom minded friends. Why would you want to place the blame on them, yourself and me?

Sykes, Wagner, and Belling threw us under the bus.

I agree with Nik. That is 3 of the TOP TEN we have to blame. I would make Walker #4. His pulbic statements sent a very strong message to Republican legislators of what he wanted on his desk.

What Republican Senators would have been the last to vote for Constitutional Carry. They should fill out the list.

Flynn does not make the TOP TEN, maybe #11. As FU'd his statements were, I would not expect anything different for him.

Play nice, if they screw us, we can figure out what to do then.

I want to make a list of the TOP TEN to hold accountabel, but Not for Retribution, but for Intensive Education. We did not get it this time, so we need to have a longer term strategy. We will push for Constitional Carry again. Who will be in our way. But I am sure, with permits in hand, many wil get complacent.

Last edited:

hardballer

This is ****** up! I don't have the time to waste over the next twenty years to try and get a proper Constitutional carry bill passed. I'm too f'n old. Permitting will provide a list that can be leaked to the media, used by "peacekeepers" to take your guns. ( don't even try to argue that one.) Used as leverage in the future for screwing with your natural right to bear arms, etc. etc. etc.

This is BS of the highest order. Just about the entire open carrying population and same for those who would have liked to carry concealed without a permit, just got sucker punched by people we put in place to carry out "OUR" express wishes. These b*****ds crawfished on their promise to the citizens of Wisconsin. They "LIED". No honor, Period. A clear majority wanted Constitutional Carry. Actually a landslide of Wisconsin voters wanted Constitutional Carry. People died for the Natural Right to Bear Arms that these louses just trampled.

This may not even pass Wisconsin Constitutional Law. Article 1 sec. 25. Much less the 2A.

Am I angry, You bet! Am I going to vote against Walker and any other recall, You bet. From this day forward I will do everything in my power to see to it that Walker and all the rest responsible lose their jobs. VOTE THEM OUT!!!

This is utter craq!

I have had enough!!!

Hardballer out!

Last edited:

Da Po-lock

11. training classes

11. training classes will be one day, and not require live-fire range (meaning sim-training will suffice)-- cost expected to be around $50 for training

It pains my to even let this enter my mind but how can a statement like this possibly even be proposed into the amendment ?
There is no research to prove there is even a viable way of implementing the requirement.
Where did they come up with the evidence to support each of the training requirements ?
Will the training be provided by a DOJ class ? (not hunters safety either)

This requirement has absolutely no thought put into it, with a "Fu**em', let them figure out the rest" attitude.

IF this passes

HOW can they guarantee this will be available and at this cost ?
Whats to say there won't be 1 class per year in 1 location with a max of say 10 openings ? (this would certainly keep the number of CC where they want it)

Around $50, thats real specific. $100 is around $50 too depending how you look at it.

Who are the trainers, where and when are these classes. I WANT ANSWERS DAMMIT.

If these pricks are going to push this bu****** I want ANSWERS as to HOW this will happen if it becomes a legal requirement.

............Da PISSED Po-lock

Last edited:

apierce918

11. training classes will be one day, and not require live-fire range (meaning sim-training will suffice)-- cost expected to be around $50 for training

It pains my to even let this enter my mind but how can a statement like this possibly even be proposed into the amendment ?
There is no research to prove there is even a viable way of implementing the requirement.
Where did they come up with the evidence to support each of the training requirements ?
Will the training be provided by a DOJ class ? (not hunters safety either)

This requirement has absolutely no thought put into it, with a "Fu**em', let them figure out the rest" attitude.

IF this passes

HOW can they guarantee this will be available and at this cost ?
Whats to say there won't be 1 class per year in 1 location with a max of say 10 openings ? (this would certainly keep the number of CC where they want it)

Around $50, thats real specific. $100 is around $50 too depending how you look at it.

Who are the trainers, where and when are these classes. I WANT ANSWERS DAMMIT.

If these pricks are going to push this bu****** I want ANSWERS as to HOW this will happen if it becomes a legal requirement.

............Da PISSED Po-lock
considering hunters safety would suffice, it doesnt matter how they word it, this would just be another form. there is more than 1 hunters safety class per year in more than 1 location and with more than 10 openings

paul@paul-fisher.com

We don't know quite yet. We haven't seen the new amendment, but it sounds like we gain much less than was promised. We shall see sometime today how bad it is.

paul@paul-fisher.com

it aint over until Paul Fisher sings...........

You calling me fat? :lol:

I am thinking of taking back some of my statements. We will see how the JFC committee meeting goes.

Even my wife said "Your Governor screwed you" this morning. She saw him on TV say something to the effect of that he had to be trained to ride his Harley. He just doesn't get it.

If he wants to be technical, when I got my license for my bike, I taught myself, took the written test and passed and then the road test and passed. No 'formal' training at all.

M

McX

fat? no, robustly knowledgeable, an eater of cheeseburgers, and drinker of StarBuckian coffee perhapse. I'm am grateful for your efforts, and these threads. my usual routine is to read the local rag, in the morning, toss it aside in disgust, then come here, and see what transpired, that i need to know. and then check back as the day progresses. hot off the presses Paul.

BROKENSPROKET

That $50 amount came from Darren Lasorte, he stated that is what he would charge for NRA-BAsic Pistol or something like that. There are many firearms instructors that have stated that they would do it for FREE.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I agree with Nik. That is 3 of the TOP TEN we have to blame. I would make Walker #4. His pulbic statements sent a very strong message to Republican legislators of what he wanted on his desk.

What Republican Senators would have been the last to vote for Constitutional Carry.

I want to make a list of the TOP TEN to hold accountabel, but Not for Retribution, but for Intensive Education. We did not get it this time, so we need to have a longer term strategy. We will push for Constitional Carry again. Who will be in our way. But I am sure, with permits in hand, many wil get complacent.

I think you are right Greg. I think Milwaukee talk radio "conservatives" Sykes, Belling, Wagner (and maybe Jay Weber) sent the 'on the fence' republicans running.

Walker threw us under the bus by not just staying out of it. He PROMISED to sign constitutional carry if we did the leg work and got it to his desk.

We did the legwork. WE got legislators. We just didn't get Sykes, Wagner, and Belling. Walker can take a principled stand for our fiscal rights as taxpayers but not our human rights to self-defense?

We should hold off on finalizing the list until after this is all said and done. We MAY still get something close to what we want (though that seems less than 1% chance)

I agree that these are the people that we need to educate/motivate by using our power as voters/consumers (subject to change pending final outcome of bill)

Sykes
Belling
Wagner
Scott Walker
Jay Weber
Sen. Scott Fitzgerald (Republican Senate majority leader, didn't sign on as co-author)
Rep. Jeff Fitzgerald (Republican Speaker of Assembly didn't sign on as co-sponsor)
Senator Alberta Darling
Senator Sheila Harsdorf
Senator Frank Lassee
Senator Robert Cowles
Senator Luther Olson
Sen Schultz
Sen Hopper
Sen Ellis
Sen Van Wangaard

And last to the list would be rep's who didn't sign as co sponsors (don't have time to list all them now)

blaze

Sen. Harsdorf and Hopper have not given an opinion or hinted on how they would vote. They will not have to until after the recall elections. There will not be any finality on these bills until September.

M

McX

i take comfort in the idea Wiscarry will do the training for us. i guess we'll do tailgaters to/at the permit line. i'll bet someone will be selling: permits rule, and permits rock t-shirts.

there better be cheeseburgers.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

i take comfort in the idea Wiscarry will do the training for us. i guess we'll do tailgaters to/at the permit line. i'll bet someone will be selling: permits rule, and permits rock t-shirts.

there better be cheeseburgers.

I have heard representives of WCI-BOD say there would be free training by Wisconsin Carry if training is mandated.

Wolf1477

From the sounds of it nobody's gonna need the new training anyways. Sounds like just about anyone and everyone's exempt from it. It sucks a$$ that the clause is in the bill, but, at least they gave us an easy out. From the sounds of it even my no training required PA LTCF is good enough for these clowns if I read that substitute amendment correctly.