Section 9.02.020 Dangerous weapons prohibited.
A. It is unlawful for anyone to:
1. Carry any knife, sword, dagger or other cutting or stabbing instrument, with a blade of a length of three inches or more, or any razor with an unguarded blade, whether said weapon or instrument is concealed or not;
2. Carry any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as a slingshot, taser, throwing star, bow, sand club, blackjack, metal knuckles, or any stick, chain, metal pipe, bar, club or combination thereof including a device known as num-chuk sticks, or any like device having the same or similar components or parts, whether or not connected by a rope, chain or other device, or any explosive or any poison or injurious gas, or any other instrument or weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, whether said instrument or weapon is concealed or not.
B. Exceptions. The above shall not apply to or affect the following:
1. A person engaged in military activities sponsored by the federal or state governments, while engaged in official duties;
2. Law enforcement personnel;
3. Security personnel while engaged in official duties.
C. Warning Signs Required. The perimeter of the premises of any specific location covered by RCW 9.41.300(1) shall be posted at reasonable intervals to alert the public as to the restrictions on possession of firearms and dangerous weapons. Reasonable intervals shall include conspicuously posted signs at all internal and external entrances to any area in or on liquor sale premises wherein the carrying of said weapons or instruments are prohibited under this ordinance or RCW 9.41.300 as adopted by reference under AMC 9.01.010. Said signs shall be provided by the city to all affected places of business, and shall bear the following inscription:
WARNING – WEAPONS PROHIBITED: It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a commissioned law enforcement officer, or federal or state military personnel engaged in official duties, or security personnel engaged in official duties, to enter onto this premises while carrying any of the following weapons or instruments, whether a license or permit to carry said weapon is possessed or not, and whether said weapon or instrument is concealed or not: Rifle, shotgun, pistol, knife, sword, dagger or any other cutting or stabbing instrument, having a blade longer than three inches (3"); or any razor with an unguarded blade; or any explosive; or any poison or injurious gas; or any sling shot, taser, throwing star, bow, sand club, blackjack, metal knuckles, stick, chain, metal pipe, bar, club or combination thereof, including a device known as “num-chuk” sticks, or any like device having the same or similar components or parts; or any weapon or instrument apparently capable of producing bodily harm.
D. Upon conviction said weapon or instrument involved may be confiscated by order of the presiding judge, and shall thereafter be disposed of in accordance with statutes or ordinances governing the disposal of confiscated or found property.
(6477, Amended, 02/25/2009, Prior Text; 6414, Added, 09/27/2006)