• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take Back Independence Day

VW_Factor

Um...no.

I am going to celebrate the founding of this great Nation with lots of red, white, and blue, also some Baseball, a hot dog, an apple pie, and a Nissan. God Bless Liberty, including free enterprise.

Oh, and some fireworks after the Biscuits game, sponsored by Max, "your community credit union."

Happy Birthday, Liberty!

A Nissan! Blasphemy!!!one!

J/K I'm a fan of the Pathys. :D

jbone

Less than 50 years ago, American citizens protesting the Vietnam war were facing off with American military troops with mounted bayonets, and some were even shot.

Less than 60 years ago, American troops were facing down American citizens who either favored or opposed (depending on the date/state) racial integration of schools.

Less than 70 years ago, American citizens and multi-generation immigrants were rounded up at gunpoint and forced into internment camps, based on nothing more than official U.S. Census data about their heritage (remember the promises that U.S. Census would never disclose your personal information? HA!)

Less than 80 years ago, American citizens were gassed, burned, bayonetted, and shot by U.S. Army troops under MacArthur, Eisenhower, and Patton. The citizens were veterans and their families, who had the nerve to camp out in a public park in DC, demanding that the government pay them what they'd been promised.

Less than 110 years ago, U.S. Army troops were called into service in Colorado to suppress miners who were on strike.

Should I go on?

And as far back as 1776 American Colonists were feeling and experiencing the same, and then they read “Common sense”. Maybe Cyras21 should pass out copies of that instead of wearing an upside down flag?

HandyHamlet

Federal Officer Detains Photographer

[video=youtube;nxcMsiP_Yqw&feature]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxcMsiP_Yqw&feature[/video]

And a lying ****.

Right to Record Police on the Street?
Darcy Spencer

News4's Darcy Spencer spoke to a woman who lost her phone for several days after taping an arrest in Chinatown.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/The_Right_to_Record__Washington_DC-124142248.html

warning: lame ass commercial precedes video.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Federal Officer Detains Photographer

[video=youtube;nxcMsiP_Yqw&feature]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxcMsiP_Yqw&feature[/video]

And a lying ****.

Right to Record Police on the Street?
Darcy Spencer

News4's Darcy Spencer spoke to a woman who lost her phone for several days after taping an arrest in Chinatown.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/The_Right_to_Record__Washington_DC-124142248.html

warning: lame ass commercial precedes video.

Another moronic SS drone in action. This guy should take action against him for false arrest. Let's see, taking pictures of the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, obooba's plantation, etc, etc, ad nauseum. And taxpayer dollars pay this dick.

slowfiveoh

What is the chronological differentiation between a government that is oppressive, tyrannical, and totalitarian a large portion of the time, versus one that is oppressive, tyrannical, and totalitarian all of the time?

Answer: Nothing.

Exercised, flagrant violation of our individual rights on an every-other-day basis is nothing less than holding the queue card for the next time they wish to indulge in same douchebaggery. It is only a matter of time before Mondays turn out like Tuesdays.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Excessive hyperbole gives our movement a "wacko" overtone, like we are reacting emotionally, instead of projecting the rationality that has marked our successes.

:banghead:

http://blip.tv/indy-tv/rochester-police-arrest-citizen-for-taping-traffic-stop-5297870

Rochester Police Arrest Citizen for Taping Traffic Stop

On May 12th, A Rochester woman was arrested for taping a traffic stop in front of her 19th Ward Home. She was standing in front of her house with a hand held recording device when the arrest happened. The video her shows what happened.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I forgot to add the watch list secretly maintained and added to. That list that none of us can find out how people got on the list, nor the criteria for getting on the list. (Maybe secret because if we found out, there'd be a real uproar?)

There was something over a million Americans on the list, last I heard. There can't possibly be a million Americans who are terrorists. So, what's the list really for?

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
You are mixing up a bunch of different things. You have no expectation of privacy when you are in public.

While that's an interesting goal, that's absolutely incorrect. One of my hobbies is photography (also I'm semi-professional, as some of my works have sold), and my current profession is as a freelance writer. I also coordinate semi-annual seminars on copyright and trademark law for writers, photographers, and artists.

I said "host," not "give." The speakers are local lawyers who specialize in copyright and trademark law.

One thing you can do is take a picture of anyone you wish, provided they're in full view of the public. This does not apply to minors. You can NOT, however, publish their photo in any manner whatsoever, including YouTube, without obtaining a release.

It is perfectly legal to take anyone's picture if they are in public. Selling pictures of people is a completely different thing and requires a model release.

If I'd read a little further, I could have saved some typing... You're nearly correct. Whether you publish it for money or not, it still requires a release.

It is. It is legal to take pictures of anything you can see with your eyes in public from a public place. However there are a very limited number of places where photography is prohibited. Like inside some court houses/court rooms, TSA Security check points as you said... Military Bases have restricted areas obviously.

Otherwise, photography IS protected by the 1st Amendment and is not a crime.

No. With respect to this subject, the 1st Amendment specifically states: "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..."

"Abridge" means "to reduce in scope, diminish, shorten in duration or extent, shorten by omission of words without sacrifice of sense." - Source

The entire focus of the First Amendment involves expression. Inside out. Not capture, which is outside in.

Were you aware it's illegal to either photograph or paint, then publish, well-known but nevertheless privately-owned buildings or structures from the outside without the express written consent of the owners? Yet they're in full view of the public...

That's because the capture and use of images are not covered by the First Amendment. They're covered by copyright and trademark law.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Don't forget the use of Dogs......:D

Oh, yes. Thank you.

When the government lies to me and tells me a dog-sniff is not a search...
When government routinely uses dog sniffs that are not searches to search school lockers...

...routine DNA collection of new-borns
...TSA supervises custodial searches, euphemistically called "pat downs", at high school proms.
...local police are in cozy with federal police, sharing information
...local police use infiltrators to spy on dissent organizations such as death penalty abolishers

1245A Defender

well,,,

What is the chronological differentiation between a government that is oppressive, tyrannical, and totalitarian a large portion of the time, versus one that is oppressive, tyrannical, and totalitarian all of the time?

Answer: Nothing.

Exercised, flagrant violation of our individual rights on an every-other-day basis is nothing less than holding the queue card for the next time they wish to indulge in same douchebaggery. It is only a matter of time before Mondays turn out like Tuesdays.

Happy birthday to you, Bud!

Gunslinger

I forgot to add the watch list secretly maintained and added to. That list that none of us can find out how people got on the list, nor the criteria for getting on the list. (Maybe secret because if we found out, there'd be a real uproar?)

There was something over a million Americans on the list, last I heard. There can't possibly be a million Americans who are terrorists. So, what's the list really for?

Patriots who believe the tree of liberty needs to be watered regularly with the blood of tyrants.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Homeland Security is currently engaged in a campaign to encourage photographers to be reported as suspicious. The act of taking pictures to be reported as suspicious act. Photographers are arrested on a daily basis for the crime of photography and exercising their 1A rights.

Happy Birthday, Liberty!

While others blissfully bury their heads in the sand.

A 16-year-old kid was handcuffed and detained for photographing trains in White Plains, New York earlier this month.

Gregory Grice is a railfan, a train enthusiast, which means he is a terrorist in the eyes of police.

Not only was he illegally detained and handcuffed, and even though he is a minor, his request to have his parents there, a lawyer, or a phone call are refused by the SS Stormtroopers. (2:48)

[video=youtube;yihlIlyFNME&feature]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yihlIlyFNME&feature[/video]

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Homeland Security is currently engaged in a campaign to encourage photographers to be reported as suspicious. The act of taking pictures to be reported as suspicious act. Photographers are arrested on a daily basis for the crime of photography and exercising their 1A rights.

While others blissfully bury their heads in the sand.

Not only was he illegally detained and handcuffed, and even though he is a minor, his request to have his parents there, a lawyer, or a phone call are refused by the SS Stormtroopers. (2:48)

[video=youtube;yihlIlyFNME&feature]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yihlIlyFNME&feature[/video]

Good post! Wow, I'm changing my view of our heroic police rapidly! They caught this terrorist taking a picture of a train on public property. They showed their courage by only handcuffing a 16 year old "for their (heroes') safety" when they were completely justified in cutting him down with a hail of gunfire. Hopefully, they beat the crap out of him with their flashlites and tazered him several times to teach him to 'respect their authoritie'! I know the subjects of the Gulag of White Plains rest easier in their beds at night with heroes like this on guard.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Oh, it gets better...

While our system is not perfect and is not entirely as our Founders and Framers envisioned, our Nation is still a shining example of Liberty in action for the world to see.

Coast Guard Website

http://aww.aww-sp.com/what_is.htm

What is "Suspicious Activity?"

"Am I witnessing a threat or a crime?" Most of us have found ourselves wondering this at some time or other. However, because we are not really sure, we tend to ignore what we have just seen and, hoping it wasn't so, we continue about our business. Prior to September 11, 2001 this would have been an acceptable reaction. But times have changed, and we no longer have that luxury.

Keeping in mind that "People aren't suspicious, behavior is," here are some situational examples of behaviors and activities that may help you determine what is suspicious and, thus, what should be reported:

PEOPLE TAKING STILL PHOTOGRAPHS OR VIDEO TAPING FROM THE SHORE

America's Waterway Watch gives normal citizens the ability to harness their "heightened sense of awareness" in a way that is both meaningful and productive. Because it is a personal system, where you logically determine what is suspicious, it is more understandable than any color-coded advisory system where the determination is made by others. And because it is a reporting system, you can actually do something with the information you observe and develop.

Simply agreeing to participate in America's Waterway Watch raises your awareness level one notch -- you know you have a job to do. Reading the program's material, you will realize that you are recognized as having a certain amount of expertise about the waterway environment you spend much of your time in -- you know what "normal activity" is and, conversely, what activity is "not normal." This expertise is invaluable to the professionals who will follow up on what you report -- another notch.

Happy birthday, Liberty--our gift to the world.

I bet Orwell is pissed he didn't think of this. ROLL ANTHEM!

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Oh, it gets better...

Coast Guard Website

http://aww.aww-sp.com/what_is.htm

What is "Suspicious Activity?"

"Am I witnessing a threat or a crime?" Most of us have found ourselves wondering this at some time or other. However, because we are not really sure, we tend to ignore what we have just seen and, hoping it wasn't so, we continue about our business. Prior to September 11, 2001 this would have been an acceptable reaction. But times have changed, and we no longer have that luxury.

Keeping in mind that "People aren't suspicious, behavior is," here are some situational examples of behaviors and activities that may help you determine what is suspicious and, thus, what should be reported:

PEOPLE TAKING STILL PHOTOGRAPHS OR VIDEO TAPING FROM THE SHORE

America's Waterway Watch gives normal citizens the ability to harness their "heightened sense of awareness" in a way that is both meaningful and productive. Because it is a personal system, where you logically determine what is suspicious, it is more understandable than any color-coded advisory system where the determination is made by others. And because it is a reporting system, you can actually do something with the information you observe and develop.

Simply agreeing to participate in America's Waterway Watch raises your awareness level one notch -- you know you have a job to do. Reading the program's material, you will realize that you are recognized as having a certain amount of expertise about the waterway environment you spend much of your time in -- you know what "normal activity" is and, conversely, what activity is "not normal." This expertise is invaluable to the professionals who will follow up on what you report -- another notch.

I bet Orwell is pissed he didn't think of this.

"Denouncing" worked so well during the French reign of terror, no reason it won't work just as well here. Now, I'm not saying just arrest and put into prison anyone denounced by anyone else--especially one of the cattle who would just walk into a government mandated slaughter house and think their neighbor may be one of them Tea Party militia types... I think special camps, say out in the Mojave Desert with nicely made tin roofed sheds for their comfort--and that of their families who would go with them, would work well. Let's see, what shall we call these camps? Concentration is a catchy one...

eye95

Patriots who believe the tree of liberty needs to be watered regularly with the blood of tyrants.

And patriots. Don't forget that part.

We aren't there yet--to the point of blood-shedding. So how about stopping the advocacy for our shedding of our blood too?