• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take Back Independence Day

Gunslinger

And patriots. Don't forget that part.

We aren't there yet--to the point of blood-shedding. So how about stopping the advocacy for our shedding of our blood too?

Where do I advocate "shedding our blood"? I firmly believe Patton's axiom: "Let the other poor bastard die for his (cause)." Having been in combat, even more so than some.

HandyHamlet

boig.jpg

eye95

Where do I advocate "shedding our blood"? I firmly believe Patton's axiom: "Let the other poor bastard die for his (cause)." Having been in combat, even more so than some.

The quote you were clearly referencing was this one from Jefferson: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." I was reminding you that shedding the blood of tyrants will be accompanied by the shedding of patriot blood.

It is not time yet for hundreds of thousands to die to fix what is wrong with our Republic. It, God willing, may never be.

But, when you are fast and free with the advocacy of shedding blood, even that of tyrants, remember, you are also advocating the shedding of patriot blood too. Patton's theory about the goals of a soldier's actions is admirable and wise. Unfortunately, even the best practice of that theory in wartime will still not stop hundreds of thousands from dying.

So, to your call for shedding blood, I say NO.

sudden valley gunner

The quote you were clearly referencing was this one from Jefferson: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." I was reminding you that shedding the blood of tyrants will be accompanied by the shedding of patriot blood.

It is not time yet for hundreds of thousands to die to fix what is wrong with our Republic. It, God willing, may never be.

But, when you are fast and free with the advocacy of shedding blood, even that of tyrants, remember, you are also advocating the shedding of patriot blood too. Patton's theory about the goals of a soldier's actions is admirable and wise. Unfortunately, even the best practice of that theory in wartime will still not stop hundreds of thousands from dying.

I too hope it doesn't come to violence but see no reason why the tyrants shouldn't be remembered of that Jefferson quote often to keep them in check. Seems to me they don't seem to take is seriously at all.

Gunslinger

I'm merely quoting the father of our Rights. I don't advocate, nor do I think we are anywhere remotely near, the need for bloodshed. It seems all of the blood lately has been shed by innocent civilians killed by the Police Powers, misused, of the state. And, I remind you, I know the price of war having fought in one and having many names, too many, I know on the Wall.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

http://cedarposts.blogspot.com/2011/06/cmpd-officer-goes-postal-over-blogger.html

Thursday, June 23, 2011
CMPD Independence Officer Goes Postal Over Blogger With A Camera

When Crime In Charlotte requested the officer's name he told her that his name was Williams. Turns out he forgot that his name was M. Thompson and that the other officer's name was Williams.

When Crime In Charlotte called CMPD's Public Information Officer Rosalyn Harrington to discuss what happened, Harrington was unapologetic saying that officers were within in their rights to arrest Crime In Charlotte. When Harrington was pressed on the validity of the law she stated that Charlotte had rules that are different from other cities like Baltimore, as she continued to explain away the officers actions as justifiable.

Cedar Posts contacted CMPD point man Rob Tufano seeking comment on Harrington's explanation that Charlotte has "different rules" and the actions of CMPD officers. 12 hours later still nothing but crickets. A CMPD Internal Affairs investigation is reportedly underway.

The last photo Oscar Grant took of his murderer.

mehserle.jpg

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

No more First Amendment in the United States of America.

[video=youtube;HfoYSrjNvjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfoYSrjNvjQ[/video]

eye95

Yep, no more First Amendment.

Oh, wait, you just exercised that right.

Oh, wait, so did I!

It is a fundamental principle of logic that you cannot prove an absolute assertion with examples. Now, if your assertion had been that some governmental entities are overstepping their authority and violating some rights, then examples would prove your point.

Which is undeniably true. Just as, in any group of people, some folks break some laws.

Too much sloppy thinking going on 'round here.

HandyHamlet

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know we are playing "Exact Words Greg Brady"...

[video=youtube;ix0-eixvjHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0-eixvjHg[/video]

Moving on.
tumblr_leot0ybAtm1qdlkgg.gif

Last edited:

eye95

Yawn.

I don't play the I'll-keep-getting-nastier-and-more-personal-until-I-have-won-the-argument-by-force game. I made the rational point about your faulty logic and hyperbolic statement. Your games bore me, so I will move on to discussions with folks who make thoughtful arguments.

Have a nice day.

HandyHamlet

My post was not an invitation for you to engage me in argument. Or to engage me at all for any reason. And I could care less about an opinion from the likes of you Sir.

Sorry for the confusion. Please move along.

HandyHamlet

One guys account of his arrest:
http://thefightback.org/2011/06/its-time-to-inspect-d-c-s-hack-inspectors/#more-2530

http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/22/reasontv-journalist-arrested

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...mission-meeting/2011/06/22/AGeRNvfH_blog.html

Posted at 04:45 PM ET, 06/22/2011
2 reporters handcuffed, removed from Taxicab Commission meeting
By John Kelly and Mike DeBonis

A meeting of the D.C. Taxicab Commission erupted in shouts and protests this morning when two reporters were placed in handcuffs and removed by U.S. Park Police officers.

About 30 taxi drivers walked out in protest, upset that Peter Tucker of thefightback.org was led out of the meeting in handcuffs after commission interim chairman Dena Reed asked that he be removed.

“He did nothing. He never disturbed the meeting,” said driver Negede Abebe. The meeting was held at Park Police East headquarters in Anacostia Park.

A second reporter, Jim Epstein from Reason TV, was also detained. A park police spokesman said both would be charged with disorderly and unlawful entry. Both are misdemeanors.

A video shows the aftermath of the reporters’ removal:

since9

Campaign Veteran
"A park police spokesman said both would be charged with disorderly and unlawful entry."

So who's charging the park gestapo, er, police with unlawful arrest and falsifying charges?

since9

Campaign Veteran
While I didn't wear one of your t-shirts, I did wear all black on the 4th of July, including socks, underwear, my firearm, and its holster. I did, however, sport a small, round, red, white, and blue button that said, "God Bless America!"

I can cheer for our country a little bit, can't I?