• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 650 Amendment. Parking lot Clause REMOVED from bill

Maverick9110e

Thanks to rep McGrady in Hendersonville.

So i got pretty fired up about finding this out, and fired off an email. Yea yea, it's just a rant email. The best part is his response:

Rep Mcgrady,
You sir an absolute DISGRACE to the citizens of North Carolina. The adopted amendment to HB650 to remove the "parking lot" clause if a DIRECT UNCONSTITUNTIONAL Infringement of several of my rights. By doing so you have also said that you are not concerned for my safety and well being. I am ashamed to have you as a representative of this state and come election time, votes will reflect as such. I urge you to gain some common sense when making adoptions and make the actual right decision. Again, i am THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED by your amendment. You sir, are a thief, and a crook and should be removed from office.

Sincerely,

Me

A Concerned NC Voter

His response:

Chuck: Your 2nd Amendment rights don't trump my private property rights. And writing venomous emails to public officials is not a particularly effective way to persuade the public official. I've probably owned more guns and taught more kids to use guns safely than you have.

Sent from my iPad

My response:

Making Daft Assumptions of what i have or have not done is exactly what someone who has no clue what they are talking about or VOTING on is exactly my point. I don't need to persuade you to do anything. You work for me. You represent me. If you don't want the firearms on your property then post a sign in accordance with current laws and allow the rest of us who are capable and have the ability to exercise our right to self defense. I hope you enjoy your remaining term in office. Keep voting like that, deny people their rights, and be uneducated to issues on which you vote will land you right back where you belong. OUT OF GOVERNMENT SERVICE.

-Me
A DISGUSTED North Carolina Voter

Northerner

I like your e-mail Mav. You got a set.

When it comes down to it, I'll give them this but don't touch anything else in this bill. As far as I am concerned, nobody will know if and when I will have a firearm in MY car because when it is there, no one will know it. If my employer goes to start searching vehicles, that is when I look for a new employer. The worst that could happen is I will park somewhere else, charged with tresspassing, or just be fired. IMO

I think you might be referring to Mav's e-mail, since I did not send an email to the poltical tArd. My speiling sux cuz my fingers are too fat for typing on this friggin phone. :)

Last edited:

billxdm

Just a thought but you might want to spell check before you fire off an email of importance. It tends to come across better when spelling is correct.

I tend to forget how to spell and use proper grammar when typing on the internet but I am careful when sending an email to someone important.

chiefjason

My 2A right's don't trump his property rights, but his property rights trump mine? OK, I see. My car being my private property is of no importance to him I guess. The 2 worst amendments, McGrady here and Guice in 111, have come from Republicans. Can't win for in fighting I guess. Heck, there from the same area. What's in the water in the mountains these days? I guess self reliance ain't taught in the schools and homes any more.

gabe

nra

being new to nc were these 2 supported by the nra?? i am an endowment member but till now have not really followed what was going on up here but will put all the pressure i can on the org that i can just need time to get up to speed.

EricDailey X-NRA

That is very interesting.

being new to nc were these 2 supported by the nra?? i am an endowment member but till now have not really followed what was going on up here but will put all the pressure i can on the org that i can just need time to get up to speed.

What is an endowment member?

62 Caddy

I emailed him last night asking that question, this is the response I got. BTW, his email always lead with his name, Chuck.

"Chuck: While I respect Second Amendment rights, I also respect private property rights. The government ought not to be telling private employers that it has to allow employees to bring their weapons to work. I ran a summer camp for kids. It would be wrong for government to tell private property owners that they couldn't regulate guns coming on their property."

EricDailey X-NRA

How's that working for ya?

Thanks to rep McGrady in Hendersonville...So i got pretty fired up about finding this out, and fired off an email. Yea yea, it's just a rant email. The best part is his response...

So far so good but what were you trying to accomplish and did you accomplish anything? Really, help me out here. Have you moved anything in the right direction here? Is this helping? What is your objective? What is your next move?

EricDailey X-NRA

No OC Private Property Now

I emailed him last night asking that question, this is the response I got. BTW, his email always lead with his name, Chuck.

"Chuck: While I respect Second Amendment rights, I also respect private property rights. The government ought not to be telling private employers that it has to allow employees to bring their weapons to work. I ran a summer camp for kids. It would be wrong for government to tell private property owners that they couldn't regulate guns coming on their property."

As of now I cannot OC at a private establishment that serves booze. If the property owner wants to allow CC or OC at his place he is banned by the government if he serves alcohol.

Also this change means that employers can compel employees to travel from a place they leave their arms to work, and back to retrieve their arms after work. This makes them disarmed while on their own time. Not good.

Last edited:

jag06

I got this e-mail as a reply from when I sent out my mass e-mail to all the representatives last week.

Dear Concerned Citizen,

HB 650 “Amend Various Gun Laws/Castle Doctrine” passed the House and will now move to the Senate.

I voted for the bill but voted against an amendment that deleted Section 13 which would have allowed the transportation or storage of a firearm in a locked motor vehicle by business, commercial enterprise, or employer; civil liability; enforcement.

This amendment passed by only two votes. I’m sorry the bill was amended however it is possible that it can be corrected when the bill gets to the Senate.

I appreciate your correspondence on this bill

Rep. Carolyn Justice

EricDailey X-NRA

Last edited:

chiefjason

Next week will be the last of this session. One week from tomorrow, Friday, June 17th. That's all. Now.

Quit if you wish, I sent every darn one of them an email. The bill is not dead, it crosses over to the next session. Even if it does not get on the Gov's desk this year, they have to deal with it next time. We did not get in this position in a year. We won't get out in a year.

One thing I know for fact. The antis never stop pushing. Neither should we.

EricDailey X-NRA

Never give up... Never give up... Neve give up.

Quit if you wish, I sent every darn one of them an email. The bill is not dead, it crosses over to the next session. Even if it does not get on the Gov's desk this year, they have to deal with it next time. We did not get in this position in a year. We won't get out in a year.

One thing I know for fact. The antis never stop pushing. Neither should we.

We agree.
We must still act and now. We must keep the pressure on. We must write, call, and visit the legislators. We must tell our friends to do the same. We must tell them at out gun shop to do the same. We must tell them at the Range to do the same.
We must do it now.

I meant to point out time remaining before the period ending buzzer. Folks should work on the NC Senate now while they're still in session.

Now is the time for action.

Last edited:

cricketdad

Well.......kinda sorta. The majority of the work being done at the General Assembly is being done by Grass Roots North Caroline and thier Legislative Team.

There are a half dozen plus individuals that have boots on the floor. With the help of the people on this forum and around the state emailing and calling they have been able to get a recorded vote on several bills.

Thumbs up to all for your help.