• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The police love to over react to people shooting them...

Sabotage70

Come Sept. when I'm Eligible for my phone upgrade. I will be looking at a droid and the app that can stream video off sight. I know there is at least one app out there.

Nevada carrier

I fear that one day the sh!t is going to hit the fan in this country and when it does, it will be coordinated with violence of action. the day they come for freedom loving Americans, they will not begin with a knock at the door, but with a FB through your window.

Beware of those who claim to be one your side, only looking out for your well being. The invasion will not begin at our beach heads, but through our bank accounts. Those who have a vested financial interest in this nation's economic viability will not show up on a California beach in a landing craft with a machine gun, they will show up with a badge, on our doorstep, issued by our own government..

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I am testing Ustream now. Seems to work OK but it doesn't save the vid's online auto magically, you have to click "YES" to save the vid's online after you stop recording. I do not think this is the best case since your phone could be taken before you have the chance to click "YES".

I was unable to get Qik to work on my DROID2. I will retest it more later though because Qik saves the vid's online auto-magically.

Haven't tried OpenWatch yet.

Qik sucks in a very special way. The 'delete' button is right there and requires no password. Your newly streamed-to-the-cloud video evidence disappears faster than you recorded it.

KarateKyle

Justin.tv has a live streaming app for android as well, but I haven't tested it yet.

Another option that may work is downloading drop box (a folder syncing program/service) and setting it to your video folder, but that seems like it may have several drawbacks (I'm thinking of the time required to upload what could be a several hundred meg file after it has saved.)

Qik sucks in a very special way. The 'delete' button is right there and requires no password. Your newly streamed-to-the-cloud video evidence disappears faster than you recorded it.

Android has the ability to lock your phone as soon as your screen turns off, which could help in this case.

usamarshal

MilitaryMike

Shoot, you guys had the worst...remember when your good friend Derek Colling beat the hell out of that guy for video taping in his driveway...haha....;)
I rather be hit then have a gun in my face.

Now I know someone is going to argue this, but in the days of trigger happy cops, that is much worse.