Thread: Leo - uoc

Talking Leo - uoc

Today my wife saw a uniformed law enforcement officer in the waiting room of her office. She engaged him in conversation, commenting on his Glock. She ended up informing the officer, who mentioned keeping it loaded with one in the tube, that his Glock had no magazine in it. He looked at the gun and told her that it was indeed loaded with a magazine, in an attempt not to look dumb in front of anyone else watching (I guess he was assuming my wife didn't know much about firearms, Glocks happen to be her favorite). She said, "There's obviously no magazine there, the mag well is hollow." After pausing he asked if she was a gun enthusiast then said his magazine was in his car... My wife took note that there was no spare magazine on his duty belt either.

The picture perfect example of him being "Only Minutes away when you need help Right Now."

Thats scarry, I hope your wife was locked and loaded!

she's the only one at work packin' heat. they had a break in last week! fancy that. (no one was in the office at the time)

Was he really a LEO? Maybe he was a poser or security etc. What kind of business is this? I never see a uniformed LEO anywhere off duty. Seems really hinky to me.

That is bizarre. And he was on duty? Why carry around a paper weight.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Without a doubt, that is one of the strangest things I've heard in a long time!

A duty weapon with no magazine.

Very odd indeed.

AD

She said he was Bay County Sherrifs Office. Who's to say he was "off duty?" Is it far fetched to have a dentist appointment during day time hours? Not too many dentist office's open at night time. I suppose I could have been a little more detailed to where my wife works earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    I find that story very stange. why would any officer leave his mag in the car and not in the gun?...
    He accidentally bumped the mag release and left his mag laying somewhere unknown, or maybe found it in his car by luck. It happened again and he didn't want to look stupid-er. Several stories like this in my short time at the Academy... Several from Officers who left their mag out intentionally because it was too heavy...

I was forced to confront the notion that the average Joe Blow gun owner has more Firearms training and awareness than the FDLE deems necessary for LEOs.

P.S. I often trip the mag release on my Kel Tec P-3AT. My bony butt pushes the button because my pocket holster is insufficient. I'm stuck with it. In situations where my Spider Sense tingles, I always reach into my pocket and make sure it's clicked in before I make my 'half draw.' After realizing this problem, it quickly became part of my 'automatic' process of drawing the weapon. the stupidly long trigger pull of the gun lets me put my finger behind the trigger for a faster draw and better grip... I hate CCing. It forces me to do so many stupid things...
    Last edited by ixtow; 06-08-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Have you ever accidently dropped a mag from a holstered GLOCK? I haven't. Not saying it isn't possible, I've just never had it happen, and I usually carry in pancake holsters that keep the gun close against me body, including the mag release button.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Have you ever accidently dropped a mag from a holstered GLOCK? I haven't. Not saying it isn't possible, I've just never had it happen, and I usually carry in pancake holsters that keep the gun close against me body, including the mag release button.
    Those whom have told me the story say they think they bumped the mag release putting it into the holster. The mag fell out somewhere later. Some say the completely missed the holster hole cuz they were trying to put it back without looking and thus popped it out.

Rigid Kydex bump w/ drop-free mag... :-p

They say the angle usually left it in the gun but popped out. Some noticed before it fell out, some heard it hit the ground, others never found their mag and didn't even notice it was missing until an armorer told them... No idea how long it was missing or where it fell. I suspect the same mode of failure in all instances.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Another win for us left-handed shooters in a right-handed world. yea us, lol.
    I've always used my trigger finger to release the magazine, even on pistols that have reversible magazine releases.

(and, just yanking your chain good naturedly)

Today my wife saw a uniformed law enforcement officer in the waiting room of her office. She engaged him in conversation, commenting on his Glock. She ended up informing the officer, who mentioned keeping it loaded with one in the tube, that his Glock had no magazine in it. He looked at the gun and told her that it was indeed loaded with a magazine, in an attempt not to look dumb in front of anyone else watching (I guess he was assuming my wife didn't know much about firearms, Glocks happen to be her favorite). She said, "There's obviously no magazine there, the mag well is hollow." After pausing he asked if she was a gun enthusiast then said his magazine was in his car... My wife took note that there was no spare magazine on his duty belt either.

So what? He had his bullet in his shirt pocket.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Off topic, but every time I drive through the gate of a military installation and reach out with my ID I have a desire to just reach my index finger out another couple inches and depress the mag release button on the cop's AR....but I never do it... would it be followed by lulz or would my finger get broken and me ripped out of the vehicle? lol

Off topic, but every time I drive through the gate of a military installation and reach out with my ID I have a desire to just reach my index finger out another couple inches and depress the mag release button on the cop's AR....but I never do it... would it be followed by lulz or would my finger get broken and me ripped out of the vehicle? lol
    Broken finger, arrested, and possibly shot. Placed on a terrorist watch list, the no fly list, and molested by squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyDeath View Post
    Broken finger, arrested, and possibly shot. Placed on a terrorist watch list, the no fly list, and molested by squirrels.
    I would also butt hump you with the magazine.