• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leo - uoc

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Today my wife saw a uniformed law enforcement officer in the waiting room of her office. She engaged him in conversation, commenting on his Glock. She ended up informing the officer, who mentioned keeping it loaded with one in the tube, that his Glock had no magazine in it. He looked at the gun and told her that it was indeed loaded with a magazine, in an attempt not to look dumb in front of anyone else watching (I guess he was assuming my wife didn't know much about firearms, Glocks happen to be her favorite). She said, "There's obviously no magazine there, the mag well is hollow." After pausing he asked if she was a gun enthusiast then said his magazine was in his car... My wife took note that there was no spare magazine on his duty belt either.
:shocker:

DumbCop.jpeg

10x

Thats scarry, I hope your wife was locked and loaded!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
she's the only one at work packin' heat. they had a break in last week! fancy that. (no one was in the office at the time)

LibertyDeath

Was he really a LEO? Maybe he was a poser or security etc. What kind of business is this? I never see a uniformed LEO anywhere off duty. Seems really hinky to me.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
She said he was Bay County Sherrifs Office. Who's to say he was "off duty?" Is it far fetched to have a dentist appointment during day time hours? Not too many dentist office's open at night time. I suppose I could have been a little more detailed to where my wife works earlier.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I find that story very stange. why would any officer leave his mag in the car and not in the gun?...

He accidentally bumped the mag release and left his mag laying somewhere unknown, or maybe found it in his car by luck. It happened again and he didn't want to look stupid-er. Several stories like this in my short time at the Academy... Several from Officers who left their mag out intentionally because it was too heavy...

I was forced to confront the notion that the average Joe Blow gun owner has more Firearms training and awareness than the FDLE deems necessary for LEOs.

P.S. I often trip the mag release on my Kel Tec P-3AT. My bony butt pushes the button because my pocket holster is insufficient. I'm stuck with it. In situations where my Spider Sense tingles, I always reach into my pocket and make sure it's clicked in before I make my 'half draw.' After realizing this problem, it quickly became part of my 'automatic' process of drawing the weapon. the stupidly long trigger pull of the gun lets me put my finger behind the trigger for a faster draw and better grip... I hate CCing. It forces me to do so many stupid things...

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Have you ever accidently dropped a mag from a holstered GLOCK? I haven't. Not saying it isn't possible, I've just never had it happen, and I usually carry in pancake holsters that keep the gun close against me body, including the mag release button.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Have you ever accidently dropped a mag from a holstered GLOCK? I haven't. Not saying it isn't possible, I've just never had it happen, and I usually carry in pancake holsters that keep the gun close against me body, including the mag release button.

Those whom have told me the story say they think they bumped the mag release putting it into the holster. The mag fell out somewhere later. Some say the completely missed the holster hole cuz they were trying to put it back without looking and thus popped it out.

Rigid Kydex bump w/ drop-free mag... :p

They say the angle usually left it in the gun but popped out. Some noticed before it fell out, some heard it hit the ground, others never found their mag and didn't even notice it was missing until an armorer told them... No idea how long it was missing or where it fell. I suspect the same mode of failure in all instances.

Fallschirjmäger

Another win for us left-handed shooters in a right-handed world. yea us, lol.
I've always used my trigger finger to release the magazine, even on pistols that have reversible magazine releases.

(and, just yanking your chain good naturedly)

Gunslinger

Today my wife saw a uniformed law enforcement officer in the waiting room of her office. She engaged him in conversation, commenting on his Glock. She ended up informing the officer, who mentioned keeping it loaded with one in the tube, that his Glock had no magazine in it. He looked at the gun and told her that it was indeed loaded with a magazine, in an attempt not to look dumb in front of anyone else watching (I guess he was assuming my wife didn't know much about firearms, Glocks happen to be her favorite). She said, "There's obviously no magazine there, the mag well is hollow." After pausing he asked if she was a gun enthusiast then said his magazine was in his car... My wife took note that there was no spare magazine on his duty belt either.
:shocker:

DumbCop.jpeg

So what? He had his bullet in his shirt pocket.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Off topic, but every time I drive through the gate of a military installation and reach out with my ID I have a desire to just reach my index finger out another couple inches and depress the mag release button on the cop's AR....but I never do it... would it be followed by lulz or would my finger get broken and me ripped out of the vehicle? lol

LibertyDeath

Off topic, but every time I drive through the gate of a military installation and reach out with my ID I have a desire to just reach my index finger out another couple inches and depress the mag release button on the cop's AR....but I never do it... would it be followed by lulz or would my finger get broken and me ripped out of the vehicle? lol

Broken finger, arrested, and possibly shot. Placed on a terrorist watch list, the no fly list, and molested by squirrels.