Thread: Pro gun jobs?

Pro gun jobs?

Does anyone know of any businesses that allow you to carry while working?

Where I work I can carry openly. But I guess being a self employed firearms instructor will do that for ya. lol
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

I could at my job, but I dont want to get mortar and dust all over my nice Springfield 1911.
    Last edited by deadlifter; 06-07-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Several gun stores around here. Other than that, I am not aware of any.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamtnt2004 View Post
    Does anyone know of any businesses that allow you to carry while working?
    mine.

In the new manual i got at work the other day its states in there that if an employee is found carrying a weapon it is grounds for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckchevy View Post
    In the new manual i got at work the other day its states in there that if an employee is found carrying a weapon it is grounds for termination.
    That leads into a question I've had for a couple days but didn't want to start a thread for it...With concealed carry not having been around in WI. I'm guessing a vast majority of workplaces don't have any mention in their handbooks about carrying. Or do they normally put a catch all phrase like "weapon" in there? If there is no mention and nothing is said to you otherwise, would you be under any obligation to ask before CC'ing at your workplace?

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    That leads into a question I've had for a couple days but didn't want to start a thread for it...With concealed carry not having been around in WI. I'm guessing a vast majority of workplaces don't have any mention in their handbooks about carrying. Or do they normally put a catch all phrase like "weapon" in there? If there is no mention and nothing is said to you otherwise, would you be under any obligation to ask before CC'ing at your workplace?
    If it were not in the hand book, and no sign posted, I would never ask. I would just carry, and not talk about it.
    All of the places I have worked have had a "no weapon" rule in the hand book... It was a large part of the reason I was "let go" from Johnson Controls. I would make the same choice again...

I work in the family business for my father. We were recently updating our employee manual and our "consultant" recommended we add language prohibiting firearms on the premises. I told my dad he should fire me right then and there because I would continue to have a firearm in my car, whether or not it was in the handbook. We compromised and the rule states you cannot have a firearm on company premises unless you have permission from the owner. It looks like the new law will require us to re-write that part to only require permission to bring the firearm into the building as the law does not allow companys from prohibiting firearms in the employee's car on company premises.

I am going to be interested in seeing how our church handles this. The senior pastor is a big time hunter. I know at least a couple of the elders are gun guys.

Fast Ed

My job is to keep people safe/alive/asleep during surgery, I guess an armed anesthesia provider would be the ULTIMATE in SAFE sleep
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli