• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro gun jobs?

CalicoJack10

Where I work I can carry openly. But I guess being a self employed firearms instructor will do that for ya. lol

redneckchevy

In the new manual i got at work the other day its states in there that if an employee is found carrying a weapon it is grounds for termination.

markush

In the new manual i got at work the other day its states in there that if an employee is found carrying a weapon it is grounds for termination.

That leads into a question I've had for a couple days but didn't want to start a thread for it...With concealed carry not having been around in WI. I'm guessing a vast majority of workplaces don't have any mention in their handbooks about carrying. Or do they normally put a catch all phrase like "weapon" in there? If there is no mention and nothing is said to you otherwise, would you be under any obligation to ask before CC'ing at your workplace?

AaronS

That leads into a question I've had for a couple days but didn't want to start a thread for it...With concealed carry not having been around in WI. I'm guessing a vast majority of workplaces don't have any mention in their handbooks about carrying. Or do they normally put a catch all phrase like "weapon" in there? If there is no mention and nothing is said to you otherwise, would you be under any obligation to ask before CC'ing at your workplace?

If it were not in the hand book, and no sign posted, I would never ask. I would just carry, and not talk about it.
All of the places I have worked have had a "no weapon" rule in the hand book... It was a large part of the reason I was "let go" from Johnson Controls. I would make the same choice again...

Fast Ed

I work in the family business for my father. We were recently updating our employee manual and our "consultant" recommended we add language prohibiting firearms on the premises. I told my dad he should fire me right then and there because I would continue to have a firearm in my car, whether or not it was in the handbook. We compromised and the rule states you cannot have a firearm on company premises unless you have permission from the owner. It looks like the new law will require us to re-write that part to only require permission to bring the firearm into the building as the law does not allow companys from prohibiting firearms in the employee's car on company premises.

I am going to be interested in seeing how our church handles this. The senior pastor is a big time hunter. I know at least a couple of the elders are gun guys.

Fast Ed

skorittnig

My job is to keep people safe/alive/asleep during surgery, I guess an armed anesthesia provider would be the ULTIMATE in SAFE sleep :banana: