Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any interest in a North Milwaukee OC meet and greet?

Is there any interest in a North Milwaukee OC meet and greet?

Well the title tells it all.

I am on the North Side of Milwaukee, and want to know if any other members would be interested in a meet and greet on the first Saturday of each month 1pm to 3pm. I was thinking of a mirror of the Delavan meet.
    The nearest Starbucks to me is at 7335 W Good Hope Rd. The location works well for me for many reasons.

This would be (as far as I know) the first of it’s kind IN the City of Milwaukee.

So what say you all? We must have other North Milwaukee members by now…?
    Last edited by AaronS; 06-08-2011 at 09:57 AM.

McX
    havent done that zone. doable on a Sun for me, space it from Delevan date though please. $$$$ reasons.

A new meet in a new area is alway's a great idea...

If I read it right, you are thiniking of the same weekend of the Delavan meet. Yours first Sat. and Delavans the First Sunday... Same weekend..??? This would practially tie up an entire weekend which I think might cause some to attend one or the other...

Also, a lot of people work on Saturdays (some even on Sundays) so I am thinking a Sat. meet would also be affected by those that work. Maybe consider (as stated) an alternative weekend than the first weekend of the month. Also maybe a Sat. evening meet would enable those that work to attend. Every other Friday night @ Lissy's for the Fish Fry is real popular...(see dedicated sticky)...

Just my $0.02 which is exactly what the advise is worth....

Finally as we down south folks would have little bit of a drive to N. Milwaukee...

Where is that Car Pool Thread I started a while back... no answer required... its gotta be in here someplace...lol.... Maybe a sticky for future reference...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 06-08-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: correct spelling
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

I'd be up for that. It would be a whole lot closer than Delavan.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Location would be okay for me, I'm on the south side a little northwest from Southridge. I'm kinda with McX as far as maybe a different Sat. then right before the Delevan GTG. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd Saturday?
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 06-09-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Okay, so it sounds like Saturday might not work, and the same week of the Delavan might not work.

So, how about the second Sunday of every month 1-3 ?
    That would make this weekend the first one...
    Again your call. Any day works for me...

I'll meet up this Sunday, who else is in?

I *might* be able to make it this Sunday. If this firms up I will try and plan for it.
    Last edited by Jason in WI; 06-08-2011 at 11:48 PM.

This Sunday should work but I'll double check.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I'm in.
    But if I may throw out another option, how about meeting @ a Culver's?
    (And/or choosing a weekday night?)
    They like us, the prices are lower, & since it's getting into hot weather we can have cool treats.
    (And yes, Steve, you can have a cheeseburger.)

There's a Culver's at 124th & Capitol, one a bit south of the baseball stadium, ....
    Have to look on their webpage for others, but those 2 are both easily accessable by freeway.
    Aha... 75th & Good Hope fits better with the "north side" theme.
    Might even be able to see it from where we sit & sip this Sunday.

How about we do Starbuck's this Sun. afternoon (since that was the original idea), then maybe decide on a Culver's to, um, 'hit' in a week or two?
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-09-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Sounds good to me. Starbucks 7335 W Good Hope Rd. 1-3pm this Sunday.
    I might be just a little late, but I will try to make it by 1.
    Ya know we have a Culvers on 76th also, so we could run over and get that cheeseburger.

See you there, Im gonna grab some friends to go as well.

McX
    i'm going, looks like we have alot to talk about. Rak, Springfield, we commuting together?

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i'm going, looks like we have alot to talk about. Rak, Springfield, we commuting together?
    And to think, the word "cheeseburger" has only been used in this thread twice...

Say, do you think I should call the Starbucks to give them a "heads up" that a small group is going to come on Sunday? It sounds like we have about 10 people so far. In the past, I have never called first...

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    And to think, the word "cheeseburger" has only been used in this thread twice...

Say, do you think I should call the Starbucks to give them a "heads up" that a small group is going to come on Sunday? It sounds like we have about 10 people so far. In the past, I have never called first...
    the Buckians usually need more staff to accomodate us. bigger tip jar. drive through traffic will increase once the websters see us and blog that puppy out!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    the Buckians usually need more staff to accomodate us. bigger tip jar. drive through traffic will increase once the websters see us and blog that puppy out!
    So, should I let them know?

Are you sure that's a good location? I go to the soccer place close to it regularly and used to work close to there as well.

There is a Culver's on Port Washington road and Mequon road just north of the Milwaukee county line next to I-43.

McX
    da or nyet for sunday, planned location?

Yes, we're on for Sunday afternoon,
    and yes, I'd suggest letting the store know that we'll have a small group of friends meeting there. Don't have to mention the property most of us are likely to be carrying, but if you choose to I'd suggest mentioning that we enjoy meeting in Delavan & this store can call that store for a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by treebound View Post
    Are you sure that's a good location? I go to the soccer place close to it regularly and used to work close to there as well.

There is a Culver's on Port Washington road and Mequon road just north of the Milwaukee county line next to I-43.

I would love to know why you think this location is bad for you...?
    Well?

McX
    dudes, where's my car?

Damn. Everything's on Sunday, that's a no go for me.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

McX
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    I would love to know why you think this location is bad for you...?
    Well?
    Well, first off I didn't say it was bad for me, I asked if it was a good location. Let me expand a bit:

The company I used to work at near there had regular vehicle break-ins in the parking lot during daylight work hours even with several security cameras watching the parking lot.

The soccer complex has numerous signs stating to not leave valuables in your car.

The Half Price Books store has in the last couple of years hired security people for inside the store.

There have been armed robberies in broad daylight near there on the sidewalk where the suspects used a shotgun, not just a small handgun hidden from passing traffic.

When I buy gas a few blocks from there it is very common to see empty crack packets and other drug debris laying on the ground by the pumps.

On the plus side there is now a Ray's BMX indoor bicycle park in the former Menard's store on 76th. And the Olive Garden still seems to be alive and doing well. Plus there is one of the few remaining IHOP's in the region, both IHOP and the Olive Garden are up on Brown Deer Road.

So, I'm not saying it is a bad place to meet, just that I think there might be regional sensitivities to consider.

I am looking forward to reading the followup reports, and I honestly hope all goes well. I'm not trying to be confrontational about the proposed regular meeting place, it just wouldn't be my first choice. I'm in that area several times a week and I've never been robbed nor had my vehicle broken into, but that doesn't mean I don't have concerns about the potential. YMMV.

Have a great meeting, and I mean that honestly and without sarcasm.
    Last edited by treebound; 06-12-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: typos

Most of the parking can be seen from the stores. Half in the Starbucks will be armed...

Oh, and MKEgal is going to come...

I think we should be just fine.

I shop at the Pick n Save a few times a week. Never had any issues with anyone. I am sure crime does happen though.

Had to add, I did call and let them know I was thinking about ten or so friends might stop in and out from 1-3. No prob.
    Last edited by AaronS; 06-12-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast