• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill that changes nothing but is halied as "priority legislation" presented to gov

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
This bill takes away our previous protection in Case Law, and gives LEOs and the SA a new subjectivity weapon to finally be able to prosecute accidental exposure where they previously could not.

It does the OPPOSITE of protecting CCers, gives LEOs and SA more power to subjugate the Gun Owners they've declared war on, and the Statist RINOs trumpet it as if it were a good thing to the stupid Conservative sheeple who can't think for themselves.

Floriduh is useless.

77zach

Once he signs this abomination could I not walk around "briefly" lifting my shirt displaying my gun to the sight of another person? Shirt goes up down, up down....say 5 seconds between lifts.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
But then it's up to a LEO to decide if that was intentional, rude, threatening, etc... And that LEO's report being Scripture in Court.... You're boned.

77zach

But then it's up to a LEO to decide if that was intentional, rude, threatening, etc... And that LEO's report being Scripture in Court.... You're boned.

It's only a crime if it's "intentionally displayed in a rude or threatening manner" not merely intentionally displayed.

RRobaldo

There's nothing in the wording preventing rude or intentional.
Just that it must be brief (whatever that means) and not threatening.

RRobaldo

It's only a crime if it's "intentionally displayed in a rude or threatening manner" not merely intentionally displayed.

No, not "rude". You can be as rude as you want. You can't be ANGRY, but you can be rude.

77zach

There's nothing in the wording preventing rude or intentional.
Just that it must be brief (whatever that means) and not threatening.

It's just so hilarious and pathetic to watch. Almost more hilarious than pathetic. Land of the free home of the brave.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
And what prevents a LEO from lying now? Nothing. Not that this part has changed...

At least before, their testimony wasn't statutorily expected as part of the body of evidence. Now it is. Their 'opinion,' be it a lie or otherwise, is all it takes now.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You're right. We can now open carry rudely and briefly but not angrily.

Well naturally. It's rude for any serf to think that s/he should be carrying, or even owning, a firearm...

That word in itself would have negated the whole of 790.06 as only dirty serfs would apply for it to begin with... How dare they...

77zach

And what prevents a LEO from lying now? Nothing. Not that this part has changed...

At least before, their testimony wasn't statutorily expected as part of the body of evidence. Now it is. Their 'opinion,' be it a lie or otherwise, is all it takes now.

I don't know if I see it that way. Before, any exposure at all was just illegal, no matter what. My point is that the abuse cited by the NRA, which abuse spurred them to this bill, will not be stopped by this. Indeed, unless licensed OC was popular NOTHING BUT CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY will curb the harassment.

By the way, anyone else notice that the NRA alerts have changed "constitutional carry" to "permitless carry"???

Last edited:

RRobaldo

Well not really. They could lie before under this law:

"790.10 Improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms.--If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, or other weapon shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense, the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."

The new law does NOT give them anything they didn't already have. It just allows for "brief" exposure. The PROBLEM is they didn't define BRIEF!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You're right. We can now open carry rudely and briefly but not angrily.

I'm 'angry' about this all the time. If I am carrying and accidentally expose my firearm, what then? Am I a criminal? How an a LEO testify to my mental content? How does s/he know I am angry?

Exactly what does being Angry have to do with CC? If someone tries to kill me, I'm going to be pretty angry about it. I might even expose my weapon, point it at him, and shoot his sorry ass... Isn't that the whole point of carrying it? I can't imagine a legitimate reason to draw (expose, by nature) my weapon and fire at someone for which I would not be angry... That exposure would be brief. Only long enough to discharge the necessary rounds to stop the threat. It would be brief, and I'd be pretty effing angry...

This is so dumb.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

Well not really. They could lie before under this law:

"790.10 Improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms.--If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, or other weapon shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense, the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."

The new law does NOT give them anything they didn't already have. It just allows for "brief" exposure. The PROBLEM is they didn't define BRIEF!

By seriously altering the law, current precedent on that law is erased. Fact.

"Exhibit" is a deliberate action. It now includes non-deliberate actions.

All defensive use of a firearm includes brief and angry exposure of it.

I'm going to draw an 'angry' face on my gun. Or at least grumpy... Maybe constipated? What's the difference?