Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sykes off in his own world again...

Sykes off in his own world again...

Charlie Sykes had his 3rd CCW rant-fest today and took the time to boost his overinflated ego once again by bashing the NRA liaison (who had not used Charlie's name incidentally). Charlie is a pretty classy guy to specifically name the NRA liaison however.

Sykes claims that we should use common sense and use Florida's CCW law that the NRA liaison had touted as being the model for CCW in the country. That was Syke's argument to make the NRA liaison look like a boob.

BUT...here's what Sykes refuses to acknowledge on his show In fact, Sykes refuses to acknowledge this at all and he IS aware of it....

The WI state Constitution is worded: "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose."

The FL state Constitution is worded: "The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law."

Notice the difference?? Florida Constitution specifically states that they can regulate the right...Wisconsin does not!!

Sykes is comparing apples and watermelons in his unyielding opinion because he is using faulty data. This guy formulates an opinion based on half-truths and once he forms it, good luck getting him to recognize anu factual argument.

From this point on...Charlie Sykes will never be heard by this listener again.

Who?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Who?
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Exactly...

He is (I thought) an educated radio announcer from Milwaukee. I was wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess View Post
    From this point on...Charlie Sykes will never be heard by this listener again.
    Me neither, but serioulsy. It will not matter to him or his station unless advertising dollars are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    It will not matter to him or his station unless advertising dollars are affected.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Apparently he thinks 100k+ WI NRA members and 4k+ WCI members are the "cook fringe."
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Charlie's ego is going to be his own demise on this one.

Even Bill Clinton learned you can't take on the NRA and win.

That said, I do like the fact that emails I send around to members are dictating what Charlie covers on his show.

He claims we and the NRA have "no credibility" but yet he takes the time to address our criticism. I guess we must have some credibility eh Charlie?

Or do you often waste your air-time responding to things that don't matter?
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post

Or do you often waste your air-time responding to things that don't matter?
    That is the number two job responsibility of a mass media talking head. Number one being generate enough numbers to justify advertising charges to clients.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I haven't caught him in time to call in, what does he say to callers??

Archangel, it's his position.

He now compares WI to FL and claims we should follow FL law because "the NRA liaison stated that FL is the 'model' state for CCW" and because Charlie Sykes is for absolutely for both permits/training. He says that permits/training are the ONLY sane thing to consider and he will hear no argumnets to the contrary.

He does not take into account that the wording of differences between the two state's constitutions at all and that is the very point of the matter. Our state constitutions DOES NOT mandate training or permits.

In effect Charlie Sykes is taking the words of the NRA Liaison completely out of context to support his argument.
    Last edited by Grant Guess; 06-08-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess View Post

In effect Charlie Sykes is taking the words of the NRA Liaison completely out of context to support his argument.
    It's a radio show. It's not reality. It fills the space between ad slots they could not sell.

That's it.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

I never heard of the guy, but I emailed him and we went back and forth a bit. I blasted Ed Flynn in the process, was very therapeutic I also emailed the other clown that Nik sent in his email yesterday. I titled it ,"Education. It's a good thing."
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Sykes, Wagner, and Belling threw us under the bus.

But Vicki McKenna didn't!

Make sure to send some love Vicki's way. Imagine that... The only one with the balls to tell it like it is on conservative talk radio is a woman!

Vicki has been rock solid for open carry and constitutional carry. She's our only advocate right now in the main-stream media. Make sure to let her know that support is not taken for granted!

If you haven't already, please take the opportunity to send Vicki a message and
    short note and THANK her for her logical AND principled support of the
    fundamental right to self-defense.

VickiMckenna@Clearchannel.com

OR

vicki@wiba.com

tune into her radio shows on-air or online:

http://www.wiba.com/pages/vicki.html

http://www.newstalk1130.com/pages/mckenna_blog.html

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vickimckennapage
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/talk...123479494.html

link to the podcast of his lunacy.

not one call got on the air that made any sense. Most of the people he put on were against any flavor of CC.

A big thanks for your support Vicki

Today 03:55 PM #15 Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Add as Contact Send Email

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:1,175Sykes, Wagner, and Belling threw us under the bus.

But Vicki McKenna didn't!

Make sure to send some love Vicki's way. Imagine that... The only one with the balls to tell it like it is on conservative talk radio is a woman!

Vicki has been rock solid for open carry and constitutional carry. She's our only advocate right now in the main-stream media. Make sure to let her know that support is not taken for granted!

If you haven't already, please take the opportunity to send Vicki a message and
    short note and THANK her for her logical AND principled support of the
    fundamental right to self-defense.

VickiMckenna@Clearchannel.com

OR

vicki@wiba.com

tune into her radio shows on-air or online:

http://www.wiba.com/pages/vicki.html

http://www.newstalk1130.com/pages/mckenna_blog.html

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vickimckennapage

As a Veteran I served to protect a way of life. The rights of all are protected by a few. I have no choice in this matter, I am the only one between the predator, and police in an act of aggressive lawlessness. My reaction to this with equal oppositional force is sanctioned under the Constitution. I would like to take this time to say THANK YOU Vicki.
    A FRIEND IN FREEDOM, Dennis Hamm, Union Grove, WI.
    Last edited by wild boar; 06-08-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

We need to find out who his advertisers are and contact them. Let them know we will not support them if they support him and his leftist views.

McX
    i never listen to anyone other than those who are RIGHT. they can rant, they can rave.....but i wont be invited.........anyway, i dont hear them........i hear the RIGHT.

Friquin 90 something. This is Rush Limbaugh tonight from Washington.........................

97.......................i cant see my hands!

92 now, they had to go pee..sad statement on ones life; your better than whats on TV.......and now a commercial brought to you by OpenCarry.
    Last edited by McX; 06-08-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Sykes is at it again right now - this time blasting Nik by name on the air. He keeps talking about "common sense", too bad he doesn't have any! The NRA and WCI are the "wacky fringe" that are "going to ruin this for all of us", according to him...

Loser!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

I called in to his show. His producer answered and was very cheerful and said he'd put me right on.

Charlie himself came on the line and said he refused to put me on.

Charlie Sykes is a coward. He knows his rhetoric won't stand up to the facts.

Total coward. Calls me out by name but doesn't have the stones to put me on air.

True colors Charlie.... You coward.

I called in to his show. His producer answered and was very cheerful and said he'd put me right on.

Total coward. Calls me out by name but doesn't have the stones to put me on air.

I'm not listening to that moron as I enjoy listening to Vicki much more than anyone else. PM incoming.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

We should just bombard his show with letters and calls .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar

No doubt. It's really pathetic to hear him twist the facts and distort the truth, while claiming to be a true conservative and insisting that the whole state is behind him. Those of us who want constitutional carry are just a few whackos with no real support - the fringe element, in his eyes...

I started listening to his show during the Madison protests, and I liked what I heard at first - but now he's lost me for good, just like Jeff Wagner. The two of them are true elitists, since their point of view is the only valid one. The only reason I still listen to the show is to hear them spread their misinformation about CC, at this point. Soon I won't be listening at all, once the bill passes - whichever bill that may be.
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    No doubt. It's really pathetic to hear him twist the facts and distort the truth, while claiming to be a true conservative and insisting that the whole state is behind him. Those of us who want constitutional carry are just a few whackos with no real support - the fringe element, in his eyes...

I started listening to his show during the Madison protests, and I liked what I heard at first - but now he's lost me for good, just like Jeff Wagner. The two of them are true elitists, since their point of view is the only valid one. The only reason I still listen to the show is to hear them spread their misinformation about CC, at this point. Soon I won't be listening at all, once the bill passes - whichever bill that may be.
    I guess he didn't listen to the public hearings in Madison and Wausau for Constitutional Carry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast