• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sykes off in his own world again...

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I called in to his show. His producer answered and was very cheerful and said he'd put me right on.

Charlie himself came on the line and said he refused to put me on.

Charlie Sykes is a coward. He knows his rhetoric won't stand up to the facts.

Total coward. Calls me out by name but doesn't have the stones to put me on air.

True colors Charlie.... You coward.

protias

I called in to his show. His producer answered and was very cheerful and said he'd put me right on.

Total coward. Calls me out by name but doesn't have the stones to put me on air.

I'm not listening to that moron as I enjoy listening to Vicki much more than anyone else. PM incoming.

Have Gun - Will Carry

No doubt. It's really pathetic to hear him twist the facts and distort the truth, while claiming to be a true conservative and insisting that the whole state is behind him. Those of us who want constitutional carry are just a few whackos with no real support - the fringe element, in his eyes...

I started listening to his show during the Madison protests, and I liked what I heard at first - but now he's lost me for good, just like Jeff Wagner. The two of them are true elitists, since their point of view is the only valid one. The only reason I still listen to the show is to hear them spread their misinformation about CC, at this point. Soon I won't be listening at all, once the bill passes - whichever bill that may be.

protias

No doubt. It's really pathetic to hear him twist the facts and distort the truth, while claiming to be a true conservative and insisting that the whole state is behind him. Those of us who want constitutional carry are just a few whackos with no real support - the fringe element, in his eyes...

I started listening to his show during the Madison protests, and I liked what I heard at first - but now he's lost me for good, just like Jeff Wagner. The two of them are true elitists, since their point of view is the only valid one. The only reason I still listen to the show is to hear them spread their misinformation about CC, at this point. Soon I won't be listening at all, once the bill passes - whichever bill that may be.
I guess he didn't listen to the public hearings in Madison and Wausau for Constitutional Carry. :rolleyes:

XDFDE45

He may have listened, but those who want constitutional carry didn't fit his preconceived notions of what the people of Wisconsin want, so he "hung up" his mind on them!
That pretty much sums it up. Once they have their mind made up on what THEY think is proper/good/safe for people when it comes to carrying guns that is t he end of the story as far as they are concerned :cuss:.

blaze

That pretty much sums it up. Once they have their mind made up on what THEY think is proper/good/safe for people when it comes to carrying guns that is t he end of the story as far as they are concerned :cuss:.

Sykes has a right to voice his opinion, just because he would like to see training and permits does not make him wrong. Alot of people agree with him.

Grant Guess

Mister Gun Expert and Concealed Carry God, Charlie Sykes from WTMJ, had another CCW show today. Dumbass did not even know that they covered handguns in Hunter Safety? Of course, he did not realize either that "A GUN IS A GUN IS A GUN".

This guy has never had a Hunter Safety Course and is a self-proclaimed, no-doubt expert on guns?

Just listened to his podcasts and had to laugh at his idiocy.

http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/talk/charliesykes/123649789.html

protias

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort
Public gun carriers say they will boycott stores that don't allow them to carry. Charlie Sykes says that their bullying tactics are dumb and tells the public gun carriers to "stand down." How extreme does a group have to be to make Charlie Sykes sound moderate...twice...in one month?
http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/talk/charliesykes/124606794.html

What doesn't he get? If someone doesn't want you there, wouldn't you tell others about it? And what bullying tactics? We said if they don't want us, we won't shop there. I thought that's what they wanted?

Deadscott

I did not agree with the protesters in Madison awhile back when they told businesses "put signs in your windows to support us or we will boycott you".

I would not support any organized boycott of a business owner that post his property. I would not threaten any business owner with the possibility of financial hardship for exercising his property rights.

I don't believe I will change my shopping habits because a store is posted.

Last edited:

wild boar

Who are you trying to convince kid?

"protias"...What doesn't he get? If someone doesn't want you there, wouldn't you tell others about it? And what bullying tactics? We said if they don't want us, we won't shop there. I thought that's what they wanted?

Your a smart person, I can tell by how generic your claims are getting. YOU didn't mention stores who infringe, rather "WE said if they don't want us". Tell others about it, or go on a national web site and pick him apart. Let me say something, your incorrect use of the word "WE" is getting old. There are many members of this site who disagree with you, so use me, I, members of infringement, anything but "WE". You take the credit for your cause, "WE" is far too generous. boar out.

Last edited:

Grant Guess

I did not agree with the protesters in Madison awhile back when they told businesses "put signs in your windows to support us or we will boycott you".

I would not support any organized boycott of a business owner that post his property. I would not threaten any business owner with the possibility of financial hardship for exercising his property rights.

I don't believe I will change my shopping habits because a store is posted.

There's a different. Unions do NOT have a right to collectively bargain in the WI Constitution. However, WI citizens have the right to bear arms for security or defense.

If some dumbass wants to go on every radio or TV program that he can find to tell the world that he doesn't want our type in the store, we would simply help him in getting what he wants. Free advertising...

I will definitely change my habits, as is my right and what is more is that I will educate every one of my friends who these people are so that they spend their money elsewhere.

Call it a boycott...I call it my right, just as much as it is his.

Deadscott

citizens have the right to bear arms for security or defense
Where does your right end and the property owners start? Are you saying I should not be able to decide who comes onto my property armed?

Would you be boycotting his private property rights? Or the fact that he is exercising those rights?

Not shopping there I can understand, but what exactly would you be boycotting?

MrBubba

That is an invalid analogy. The union protesters in Madison weren't boycotting companies that refused to display their union propaganda as much as they were boycotting businesses whose employees freely donated their own money to Scott Walker. This action was completely undemocratic and was an affront to our system of government.

I would not support any organized boycott of a business owner that post his property. I would not threaten any business owner with the possibility of financial hardship for exercising his property rights. I don't believe I will change my shopping habits because a store is posted.

Good for you. We live in a free market where we can choose who to do business with and who not to do business with. It's obvious that your second amendment rights don't mean very much to you.

Where does your right end and the property owners start? Are you saying I should not be able to decide who comes onto my property armed?

No one here is objecting to anyone's right to decide who comes on to their property. That's not what this is about. You certainly have a right to post your place of business. I, just as certainly, have a right NOT to come on to your property and do business with you because of it.

Would you be boycotting his private property rights? Or the fact that he is exercising those rights?

Neither. I would be protecting MY private property by refusing to spend MY money in the premises of someone who would foolishly deny me the right to defend myself and my family. It won't take long for these misguided business owners to figure out that this simplistic property rights argument cuts both ways.

Businesses that refuse to allow their customers the means to protect themselves and their families don't deserve those customers. Just as their anti-gun policies may help them gain the business of hippy-dippy WAVE types, they can expect to lose the business of those people who value their right to self defense. It is the business owner's choice and they have no justification to whine about the consequences.

Interceptor_Knight

Just because you can does not mean that you should. By posting, the property owner has made a conscious decision to exclude those who carry as customers. There is nothing inherently wrong with carriers informing other carriers of this decision. As a property owner you certainly may decide that you do not want carriers as customers but realize that there are consequences to this decision. You may alienate far more customers and potential future customers than you intended to.

wild boar

I'm glad i grew up when i did...

...,all I had to do was grab the ******* by the throat and pound his face in. I never had to carry my balls around in a holster, and still don't. You people go on a national web site, and in defense, he goes on TV, whats wrong with that. If you can make your claims to rights, so can he. I,for one, am not a part of this crap, and never will be. You think all the Constitution was written for is the second amendment, this would explain your self indulgence. There have been many stories of involvement with the law, and open carry, when you do pull the trigger, you'll wish you never saw a gun. boar out.

protias

"protias"...What doesn't he get? If someone doesn't want you there, wouldn't you tell others about it? And what bullying tactics? We said if they don't want us, we won't shop there. I thought that's what they wanted?

Your a smart person, I can tell by how generic your claims are getting. YOU didn't mention stores who infringe, rather "WE said if they don't want us". Tell others about it, or go on a national web site and pick him apart. Let me say something, your incorrect use of the word "WE" is getting old. There are many members of this site who disagree with you, so use me, I, members of infringement, anything but "WE". You take the credit for your cause, "WE" is far too generous. boar out.

We is used in general. I know of a few people who do not carry and yet would not shop at a store who infringes upon people's rights. I never said I spoke of any group, but those of us who care about our rights will choose to shop elsewhere if we so choose.

My claims are never generic. There are quite direct.