• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sykes off in his own world again...

Grant Guess

Charlie Sykes had his 3rd CCW rant-fest today and took the time to boost his overinflated ego once again by bashing the NRA liaison (who had not used Charlie's name incidentally). Charlie is a pretty classy guy to specifically name the NRA liaison however.

Sykes claims that we should use common sense and use Florida's CCW law that the NRA liaison had touted as being the model for CCW in the country. That was Syke's argument to make the NRA liaison look like a boob.

BUT...here's what Sykes refuses to acknowledge on his show :) In fact, Sykes refuses to acknowledge this at all and he IS aware of it....

The WI state Constitution is worded: "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose."

The FL state Constitution is worded: "The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law."

Notice the difference?? Florida Constitution specifically states that they can regulate the right...Wisconsin does not!!

Sykes is comparing apples and watermelons in his unyielding opinion because he is using faulty data. This guy formulates an opinion based on half-truths and once he forms it, good luck getting him to recognize anu factual argument.

From this point on...Charlie Sykes will never be heard by this listener again.

XDFDE45

dontknow.gif

protias

Apparently he thinks 100k+ WI NRA members and 4k+ WCI members are the "cook fringe."

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Charlie's ego is going to be his own demise on this one.

Even Bill Clinton learned you can't take on the NRA and win.

That said, I do like the fact that emails I send around to members are dictating what Charlie covers on his show.

:)

He claims we and the NRA have "no credibility" but yet he takes the time to address our criticism. I guess we must have some credibility eh Charlie?

Or do you often waste your air-time responding to things that don't matter?

Grant Guess

Archangel, it's his position.

He now compares WI to FL and claims we should follow FL law because "the NRA liaison stated that FL is the 'model' state for CCW" and because Charlie Sykes is for absolutely for both permits/training. He says that permits/training are the ONLY sane thing to consider and he will hear no argumnets to the contrary.

He does not take into account that the wording of differences between the two state's constitutions at all and that is the very point of the matter. Our state constitutions DOES NOT mandate training or permits.

In effect Charlie Sykes is taking the words of the NRA Liaison completely out of context to support his argument.

Last edited:

Zeus

I never heard of the guy, but I emailed him and we went back and forth a bit. I blasted Ed Flynn in the process, was very therapeutic :D I also emailed the other clown that Nik sent in his email yesterday. I titled it ,"Education. It's a good thing."

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Sykes, Wagner, and Belling threw us under the bus.

But Vicki McKenna didn't!

Make sure to send some love Vicki's way. Imagine that... The only one with the balls to tell it like it is on conservative talk radio is a woman!

Vicki has been rock solid for open carry and constitutional carry. She's our only advocate right now in the main-stream media. Make sure to let her know that support is not taken for granted!

If you haven't already, please take the opportunity to send Vicki a message and
short note and THANK her for her logical AND principled support of the
fundamental right to self-defense.

VickiMckenna@Clearchannel.com

OR

vicki@wiba.com

tune into her radio shows on-air or online:

http://www.wiba.com/pages/vicki.html

http://www.newstalk1130.com/pages/mckenna_blog.html

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vickimckennapage

wild boar

A big thanks for your support Vicki

Today 03:55 PM #15 Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Add as Contact Send Email

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:1,175Sykes, Wagner, and Belling threw us under the bus.

But Vicki McKenna didn't!

Make sure to send some love Vicki's way. Imagine that... The only one with the balls to tell it like it is on conservative talk radio is a woman!

Vicki has been rock solid for open carry and constitutional carry. She's our only advocate right now in the main-stream media. Make sure to let her know that support is not taken for granted!

If you haven't already, please take the opportunity to send Vicki a message and
short note and THANK her for her logical AND principled support of the
fundamental right to self-defense.

VickiMckenna@Clearchannel.com

OR

vicki@wiba.com

tune into her radio shows on-air or online:

http://www.wiba.com/pages/vicki.html

http://www.newstalk1130.com/pages/mckenna_blog.html

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vickimckennapage

As a Veteran I served to protect a way of life. The rights of all are protected by a few. I have no choice in this matter, I am the only one between the predator, and police in an act of aggressive lawlessness. My reaction to this with equal oppositional force is sanctioned under the Constitution. I would like to take this time to say THANK YOU Vicki.
A FRIEND IN FREEDOM, Dennis Hamm, Union Grove, WI.

Last edited:
M

McX

i never listen to anyone other than those who are RIGHT. they can rant, they can rave.....but i wont be invited.........anyway, i dont hear them........i hear the RIGHT.

Friquin 90 something. This is Rush Limbaugh tonight from Washington.........................

97.......................i cant see my hands!

92 now, they had to go pee..sad statement on ones life; your better than whats on TV.......and now a commercial brought to you by OpenCarry.

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

Sykes is at it again right now - this time blasting Nik by name on the air. He keeps talking about "common sense", too bad he doesn't have any! The NRA and WCI are the "wacky fringe" that are "going to ruin this for all of us", according to him...

Loser!