• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chevy's tour

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
A co-worker is taking the next load to Joplin so I am resuming the Chevy's tour this Sunday 6-12-11 at 5:00 pm Please not earlier than normal timing, I simply thought since these dinners tend to last close to 2 hours and sometimes longer, if I started it earlier folks would have more time left of their last weekend evening to relax at home after.

This is only notification of where I am dining, it is not a club or group and is an open invite to meet and greet. It is a celebration continued of a positive impact on 2a rights and how our efforts have paid off. No requirements are made of anyone beyond simple courtesy to any and all whom may attend or inquire as to the purpose.

I personally will be openly carrying my firearm and others are welcome to do the same or not, a personal choice one needs to consider. If you would like to review regulations regarding that practice as part of your decision criteria, http://codes.sullivanpublications.c...tent_doc.htm&q=firearms&x=advanced&2.0#LPHit1 is a location you may do so.

If law enforcement opt to attend they will be welcomed to join in courteous dialogue and just as anyone else, if their motivation is anything else I will indeed ask them to leave my dinner party.

Please RSVP so as I may alert the location of the approximate size of the folks attending, this worked out fantastic at the last one.

Rich

cash50

I dunno when I'm coming back from the lake sunday, if I'm home I'll be there. Do I need to pm you to get the location?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Oops, I forgot not everyone resides in st chuck and knws OFallon!

It is on the southwest corner of Highway K and Highway N

Easiest routes from out west (beyond Wentzville) take 70 to 40, 40 to N Top of ramp exit right, swing wide left to turn left at first light on N, and N to Highway K, it will be on your right, if you miss the enterance proceed to the light and turn right on K and there is an enterance from K as well.

From the South or est county area's, take 40 to highway K, go right, work over casually in about 2 miles you are going to make a left on N and a Left into the parking lot. There MIGHT be left turn access from Highway K from northbound into the lot or the median might force you to make the left on to N I do not recall.

From North county, St Charles city take highway 70 to highway K (K and M both on sign) turn left onto K, proceed 5 to 7 miles perhaps (never clocked it) to Highway N, go through light at N and turn right into the parking lot.

From elsewhere, I am unsure of FAA regulations but Sunday's are slow, feel free to skydive and land there if you like, just notify first so as we may indeed have video of OC within US air space by the average citizen.

:D

Big Boy

I've got the KC meet this weeked, but since I live mid-mo in Columbia now I might make the drive out towards you STL people next Chevy's meet that I happen to be off work for.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Alrighty then, 5pm is approaching, tranny pan is leaking like I shot a hole in it!!!

Gotta head to the store and get some easy outs as I guess I, though old, still can twist bolts into two pieces!!!

I will see you all there, looks like a smaller crowd this week so I am not going to bother with request for a special table, though with it as nice as it is outside, assuming it does not turn in to a scorcher, I may indeed get an outdoor table unless someone attending exposes that allergies or something would make it very uncomfortable for them.

See ya'll there at 5

mspgunner

Alrighty then, 5pm is approaching, tranny pan is leaking like I shot a hole in it!!!

Gotta head to the store and get some easy outs as I guess I, though old, still can twist bolts into two pieces!!!

I will see you all there, looks like a smaller crowd this week so I am not going to bother with request for a special table, though with it as nice as it is outside, assuming it does not turn in to a scorcher, I may indeed get an outdoor table unless someone attending exposes that allergies or something would make it very uncomfortable for them.

See ya'll there at 5
I've invited soem folks I met yesterday right across the street from Chevy's at a rally. One with another 2 A group here in the area and one who said he occassionally reads this site but does not post. I had long and educational conversations with both of them............ LONG!!!
I hope they'll show.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I've invited soem folks I met yesterday right across the street from Chevy's at a rally. One with another 2 A group here in the area and one who said he occassionally reads this site but does not post. I had long and educational conversations with both of them............ LONG!!!
I hope they'll show.

Yeah the N&K red and whites are a dedicated group, never had a chance to speak with them.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I didn't get a count, how many OC'ers did we have this evening at Chevy's?

You know what Marc, I am not sure and I had my phone set to video so until I get the conversion software working again I will not be able to tell. Some of us went o down to Fritz's ice cream and it was really busy. The only comment came from one young man, perhaps 6 who said "whoa cool, he has his BB gun with him" referencing my 686.

Too bad more that I know from here did not make it, would have been nice for them to meet the new folks.

mspgunner

You know what Marc, I am not sure and I had my phone set to video so until I get the conversion software working again I will not be able to tell. Some of us went o down to Fritz's ice cream and it was really busy. The only comment came from one young man, perhaps 6 who said "whoa cool, he has his BB gun with him" referencing my 686.

Too bad more that I know from here did not make it, would have been nice for them to meet the new folks.

The food was good, the service very good. I think the waiter had a great time with the crowd and al the joking! anytime a waiter does that good a job keeping my water glass full with that many people ..... He deserved a good tip! Great food, great company and a fantastic time. It's going to be tough to beat this night for sure, wish I had my camera. The one time I didn't bring it, bummer!
Nice to see so many new faces and not even on this forum. I guess we can tell how well the word gets around.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Nice to see so many new faces and not even on this forum. I guess we can tell how well the word gets around.

I am going to increase viability within the tea party groups, I think that would increase it even more.

We indeed had 2 declared liberal voters at my end of the table, they both voted for 0 but I got the impression they are not thrilled with the results, but I did not want to bang em hard, with the sporadic way folks here show no show I will take all the support we can get from all parties!!!

mspgunner

I am going to increase viability within the tea party groups, I think that would increase it even more.

We indeed had 2 declared liberal voters at my end of the table, they both voted for 0 but I got the impression they are not thrilled with the results, but I did not want to bang em hard, with the sporadic way folks here show no show I will take all the support we can get from all parties!!!

Maybe with the pro-2A stance they took we can turn them around. Best not to bang em too hard about that, maybe just a litle bang.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Maybe with the pro-2A stance they took we can turn them around. Best not to bang em too hard about that, maybe just a litle bang.

Yeah, I mean everyone has an opinion and their support for not imposing theirs on others is something I respect.

Next one is Hazelwood location, going to start the invite tonight and see where it lands, was surprised more from here were not interested. I know cash said he was a maybe from the beginning and he is prolly still foolin about at the lake with this great weather!

EDIT: May have to strike that, not sure, looks like an internal mall address and the mall is known to be posted.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
St. Louis Mills Mall is posted, if that's where it is.............
I don't recall if it is in the mall or not?

Looks like it is #443 or something like that, will have to confirm, if there is an external entrance we might still be good to go like cabelas.

Swapped it with Ellisville for now until clarity can be obtained.

cash50

Yeah, I mean everyone has an opinion and their support for not imposing theirs on others is something I respect.

Next one is Hazelwood location, going to start the invite tonight and see where it lands, was surprised more from here were not interested. I know cash said he was a maybe from the beginning and he is prolly still foolin about at the lake with this great weather!

EDIT: May have to strike that, not sure, looks like an internal mall address and the mall is known to be posted.

Yes I actually stayed down there Sunday night, barely caught any of the bad weather everyone got back home.

I don't think there's an external entrance to this Chevy's. The mall in no go on carrying. I OC'ed in Cabela's before, then covered before accompanying friends to another store. Mall security asked me/us to leave because he thought I was carrying.