• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SSA1-SB93 sent to Joint Finance

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Joint Committee's fiscal oversight duties

The Joint Finance Committee just looks at fiscal stuff:
Review of Other Fiscal Bills

The Committee's fiscal oversight duties include
the review of all other (non-budget) revenue or
spending bills. This responsibility emanates from a
statutory requirement [s. 13.093(1)] which specifies
that, "All bills introduced in either house of the legis-
lature for the appropriation of money, providing
for revenue or relating to taxation shall be referred
to the joint committee on finance before being
passed."
Here is a further description of what their responsibilities are: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/Informationalpapers/78_Joint%20Committee%20on%20Finance.pdf

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

So any thoughts on approx. time frame in the Joint Finance Commitee..?? DO they address bills brought to them immeadiately or might it set there for a few days before being discussed..???

I keep telling myself I should have paid more attention in my high school "Civics" class....:banghead:

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

So any thoughts on approx. time frame in the Joint Finance Commitee..?? DO they adrees bills brought to them immeadiately or might it set there for a few days before being discussed..???

I keep telling myself I should have paid more attention in my high school "Civics" class....:banghead:

Outdoorsman1

Personally, I would expect them to be done with it tomorrow unless something happens.

BROKENSPROKET

So any thoughts on approx. time frame in the Joint Finance Commitee..?? DO they address bills brought to them immeadiately or might it set there for a few days before being discussed..???

Outdoorsman1

SB93 will be taken up by the Joint Finance Committee on Thursday, June 9 at 12:00 pm.
http://committeeschedule.legis.wisconsin.gov/

Wolf1477

Outdoorsman1

LoL you and me both. I'm still trying to remember what the Finance committee is allowed to do to the bill as far as modifications/amendments go. That singing bill on "Schoolhouse Rock" during my Saturday morning cartoons never mentioned a finance committee!<g>

I am really and truly starting to wish this was all over, I think I'm starting to get an ulcer. Ahh well, hopefully we're in the home stretch now.

Grant Guess

Olsen will be a tough nut to crack. If you recall, he voted for CCW the last time around and when it came time to over-ride Doyle's veto, this butt-munch was THE only GOP senator to vote against the over-ride.

I queried him on CCW about 5-6 weeks back and he stated "Ohhhh, I have always been for CCW. But I have to wait to see how the winds blow regarding Constitutional Carry".

About 2 weeks ago he came out in the Milwaukee Urinal and stated flat out that he would only support permits and training.

My letter to all of the members of the committee meeting tomorrow:

Dear friends,

As duly elected and sworn members of the Wisconsin legislature, I would request your support for a bill coming before your committee tomorrow which has WI Constitutional implications. That bill is the amended version of SB93.

Article 1 Section 25 of the WI Constitution that was approved by 74% of Wisconsin voters in 1998 states: The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose.

Please keep the solemn oath that you took to defend the Wisconsin State Constitution in mind as you vote on this bill.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

EXECUTIVE SESSION
Joint Committee on Finance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The committee will hold an executive session on the following items at the time specified below:
Thursday, June 9, 2011
12:00 PM
412 East

Senate Bill 93
Relating to: going armed with weapons, possessing or transporting a firearm, bow, or crossbow under certain circumstances, disorderly conduct limitations, and electric weapons.
By Senators Galloway, Grothman, Kedzie, Lazich, Leibham, Moulton, Holperin, Vukmir, Zipperer and Kapanke; cosponsored by Representatives Mursau, Kleefisch, August, Farrow, Kapenga, Kerkman, Kestell, Knilans, Knudson, Kooyenga, Kramer, Krug, Kuglitsch, T. Larson, LeMahieu, Murtha, Nass, Rivard, Severson, Strachota, Tauchen, Thiesfeldt, Wynn, Steineke and Craig.
Senate Bill 27
Relating to: state finances and appropriations, constituting the executive budget act of the 2011 legislature.
By Joint Committee on Finance.
The only action that will be considered on SB 27 will be a motion to apply the same action from AB 40 to SB 27
Senator Alberta Darling
Senate ChairRepresentative Robin Vos
Assembly Chair

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

LoL you and me both. I'm still trying to remember what the Finance committee is allowed to do to the bill as far as modifications/amendments go. That singing bill on "Schoolhouse Rock" during my Saturday morning cartoons never mentioned a finance committee!<g>

I am really and truly starting to wish this was all over, I think I'm starting to get an ulcer. Ahh well, hopefully we're in the home stretch now.

You and me both....:lol:

Outdoorsman1