Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: Knife pulled on me defendent charged with assault 2

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Stevens, Washington, USA
    Posts
    65

    Knife pulled on me defendent charged with assault 2

    Ok this happened to me last weds night at my former roomates house.We are freinds and liked to drink together and I would come over and visit.I never carry my firearm when I drink because that would open a can of worms.Well she decided to drink 2 bottles of wine that night and smoke some green vegetable matter,to make a long story short she suddenly went into a black out and decided to tackle me and start beating the crap out of me in a druken rage of course I just took the beating cause I was taught never to hit a woman,after that was said and done she proceeded to go ito the kitchen to grab a chefs knife and started to lunge at me yelling at me to get out of the house,I had a few beers that night but in no way was I intoxicated to the point that I could not make a sound judgement.Would I have been justified to use lethal force at this point?I had a witness during this whole thing too.

  2. #2
    Regular Member LibertyDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Inland Empire, CA
    Posts
    129
    Highly doubt it would fly.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Holy mother of all run on sentences, Batman!
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Stevens, Washington, USA
    Posts
    65
    Hey now I was never good in english LOL

  5. #5
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by bayfire66 View Post
    .Would I have been justified to use lethal force at this point?I had a witness during this whole thing too.
    Was the witness as "stoned" as your friend? If so you'd probably be screwed if you used deadly force.

    This would be a good use of a "Nanny Cam" to record the whole evening just in case things got out of hand (as they did).
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  6. #6
    Regular Member Bucks Gun Shop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by bayfire66 View Post
    to make a long story short she suddenly went into a black out and decided to tackle me and start beating the crap out of me
    Generally when my friends start to "beat the crap out of me"... I just leave... Saves on primers, powder, and bullets...
    "Like" us on Facebook at Buck's Gun Shop for regular specials and other savings.
    www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com
    Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com

    The Constitution of the United States does not grant rights to citizens; it limits the powers of government to infringe on the rights which have already endowed upon us by our Creator. One of those is the right to keep and bear arms, to defend our persons and property in any manner we see fit.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Time to end this friendship. Time to consider who you associate with.

    Would deadly force be appropriate? Is the person that beat you capable of killing you or causing severe bodily injury?

    p.s. deadly force does not necessarily mean a firearm...
    Live Free or Die!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Stevens, Washington, USA
    Posts
    65
    the witness was not under any influence and i was i n the process of leaving after she beat on me when she pulled the chef knife on me it all happened in a matter of mins.regardless of the situation that does not make it right for someone to try to hurt someone with a weapon.You would have to have been there to know.By the way my freind is a family law lawyer.
    Last edited by bayfire66; 06-08-2011 at 04:47 PM.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by bayfire66 View Post
    the witness was not under any influence and i was i n the process of leaving after she beat on me when she pulled the chef knife on me it all happened in a matter of mins.regardless of the situation that does not make it right for someone to try to hurt someone with a weapon.You would have to have been there to know.By the way my freind is a family law lawyer.
    I would not have to be there to know. Why? Because I would not be there, that is a choice I would of made either before the night or very early on in the night. You say regardless of the situation.... false.... the situation is what you must consider before and during your involvement. You choose those friends and you choose to watch this person drink 2 bottles of wine and you choose to watch them smoke pot. That is a lot of choices that led to you being involved in this. Situations are a matter of choices.
    Live Free or Die!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by bayfire66 View Post
    ...long story short she suddenly went into a black out and decided to tackle me and start beating the crap out of me in a druken rage of course I just took the beating cause I was taught never to hit a woman...
    Here's your problem. If a person is assaulting you such as you state, I feel you have the legal right to defend yourself. Sex of the person makes no difference and a lot of the continued assault could have ended differently if you had fought back IMO.

  11. #11
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Many years ago when our daughters were teenagers, our third daughter went to a "party" with one of her friends. Well there was a lot of alcohol and other things at the party and things got out of hand. The cops came and.... Conclusion, she was arrested for MIP. Did she actually have a drink/smoke in her hand at the time the cops arrived? No, but it was present there and everyone that was there was arrested and charged with MIP or supplying to a minor.

    Moral of the story...When the booze (if you are a teen) and vegi matter (until the law changes) comes out, it is time to leave....because they will arrest you too...if you are participating, or not.

  12. #12
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    What they said:
    1) make better choices, in friends & activities.

    2) forget that $h|t about not hitting women. If someone's attacking you, defend yourself. Someone with a knife can kill you no matter what plumbing s/he has.

    3) if she's coming at you w/ a knife, yes you could shoot. It'd be better to get out of the house quickly, though, if you can. Less mess, physically & legally. Much less expensive too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567

    Unhappy srsly bra'h???

    Quote Originally Posted by bayfire66 View Post
    of course I just took the beating cause I was taught never to hit a woman,.
    How do you call someone an idiot with out actually calling them an idiot?

    So because some person told you never to hit a woman, you let women beat the crap out of you? I guess common sense is more rare than I thought these days.

  14. #14
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241
    Learn any lessons from your beating, and are still friends with them?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA, ,
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by bayfire66 View Post
    i was i n the process of leaving after she beat on me when she pulled the chef knife on me it all happened in a matter of mins.
    "In the process of leaving" "it all happened in a matter of mins."

    How much of a process would it be if you were getting your a$$ handed to you by some street thugs... forget polite, get out NOW!!! And if she was punching/striking you, etc... you don't have to break your never-hit-girls rule by simply pushing her off of you and walking out of the door.

    And being a lawyer doesn't mean you can't do stupid things... just ask Bill Clinton.

  16. #16
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal;1549212[B
    ]What they said:[/B]
    1) make better choices, in friends & activities.

    2) forget that $h|t about not hitting women. If someone's attacking you, defend yourself. Someone with a knife can kill you no matter what plumbing s/he has.

    3) if she's coming at you w/ a knife, yes you could shoot. It'd be better to get out of the house quickly, though, if you can. Less mess, physically & legally. Much less expensive too.

    I am reminded of a couple sayings that I live by. First one is "Birds of a feather, flock together", and "If you dont touch $h!t, you wont smell like $h!t"...
    Last edited by amzbrady; 06-08-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edge of the woods
    Posts
    112
    I also never hit a woman, but having said that, I've also been taught that women don't hit. If someone throws a punch at me, they should expect one to be coming back at them. If a female throws the first punch, for a certain amount of time she has forfeited the protection of being a woman/lady. You want to be treated like June Cleaver? Act like June Cleaver. Equal rights means equal responsibilities.

    Second, WWBD? (What would Birk do?) Use the cops own argument. A knife is a very deadly weapon, an attacker can cover 20(?) feet in x amount of time, bullet proof vests don't stop knives and you don't even have a bullet proof vest on, etc... To paraphrase a famous quote, "stupid #$#$#$@, bringing a knife to a gun fight!"

  18. #18
    Regular Member mmdkyoung123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    164
    " I won't hit a woman but I'll shake the sh*t out of one".

    ~ Chris Rock

  19. #19
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Someone needs to change his life.

    Hint: it's not her.

  20. #20
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I think Women commit more assault than what they are accredited for. Look at the statistics they kill their children many times more than men. I just think that because of the physical difference between men and women that women don't fair as well in the altercations. Are also more likely to call authorities on a man than a man would on a woman.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  21. #21
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I think Women commit more assault than what they are accredited for. Look at the statistics they kill their children many times more than men. I just think that because of the physical difference between men and women that women don't fair as well in the altercations. Are also more likely to call authorities on a man than a man would on a woman.
    +1
    I would think the statistics are askewed on this, because there are probably alot of men who dont want to admit they got their ass handed to them by a woman.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    +1
    I would think the statistics are askewed on this, because there are probably alot of men who dont want to admit they got their ass handed to them by a woman.
    Plus it plays into "the victim" ideology that is so overplayed now in our culture. You are a woman you are a victim, you do drugs you are a victim, you over drink victim......etc.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 06-10-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    +1
    I would think the statistics are askewed on this, because there are probably alot of men who dont want to admit they got their ass handed to them by a woman.
    Not to mention how "quick on the tears" women can be and how convincing that helps make them.

    I watched my wife use the "tears" to talk herself out of a speeding ticket in Wyoming. I was napping while she was driving and let's just say, she has a real lead foot. She was "20 over" back when it was 55 everywhere. If it was me I'd need to have someone wire me bail money but those tears sure worked for her.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  24. #24
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin
    Not to mention how "quick on the tears" women can be and how convincing that helps make them.
    If I'm ever attacked you can be darn sure I'm shaking, upset, & probably crying by the time police get there, & it probably won't be an act.
    Won't cry on purpose to win an argument or avoid a ticket or whatever, but I won't fight to be stoic when crying will work to my advantage.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-10-2011 at 05:22 PM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510
    We're getting off topic, but the OP doesn't seem to be back to add more information, so what the heck.

    I think the statistics on assault are skewed for several reasons. One, as noted above, men don't want to admit they got whooped by a woman. But, I think the cases where that happens are pretty rare, unless it's either a real wimp versus SuperB!tch, or he absolutely refuses to fight back against a woman no matter how badly she's beating him.

    Personal experience has taught me that a female (sometimes a woman, but never a lady), is far more likely to initiate aggressive physical contact.

    At that point, the male counterpart has choices: defend himself passively; defend himself actively; leave. All of those choices carry the risk of being accused as an abuser. Unless she's skilled in physical altercations, the average woman versus the average man using passive defense will have little effect, other than scratches or bites. If he decides he's had enough of being scratched and slapped and bitten and actively defends himself, odds are the average man against the average woman can either strike, push, or throw her down with great effect.

    And that's when the po-po show up, to find her curled up in a puddle of tears screaming "HE HIT ME!"

    The only defense, of course, is pro-active planning: only have dealings with ladies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •