• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knife pulled on me defendent charged with assault 2

amzbrady

I think Women commit more assault than what they are accredited for. Look at the statistics they kill their children many times more than men. I just think that because of the physical difference between men and women that women don't fair as well in the altercations. Are also more likely to call authorities on a man than a man would on a woman.

+1
I would think the statistics are askewed on this, because there are probably alot of men who dont want to admit they got their ass handed to them by a woman.

sudden valley gunner

+1
I would think the statistics are askewed on this, because there are probably alot of men who dont want to admit they got their ass handed to them by a woman.

Plus it plays into "the victim" ideology that is so overplayed now in our culture. You are a woman you are a victim, you do drugs you are a victim, you over drink victim......etc.

Last edited:

amlevin

+1

Not to mention how "quick on the tears" women can be and how convincing that helps make them.

I watched my wife use the "tears" to talk herself out of a speeding ticket in Wyoming. I was napping while she was driving and let's just say, she has a real lead foot. She was "20 over" back when it was 55 everywhere. If it was me I'd need to have someone wire me bail money but those tears sure worked for her.

MKEgal

amlevin said:
Not to mention how "quick on the tears" women can be and how convincing that helps make them.
If I'm ever attacked you can be darn sure I'm shaking, upset, & probably crying by the time police get there, & it probably won't be an act.
Won't cry on purpose to win an argument or avoid a ticket or whatever, but I won't fight to be stoic when crying will work to my advantage.

Last edited:

KBCraig

We're getting off topic, but the OP doesn't seem to be back to add more information, so what the heck.

I think the statistics on assault are skewed for several reasons. One, as noted above, men don't want to admit they got whooped by a woman. But, I think the cases where that happens are pretty rare, unless it's either a real wimp versus SuperB!tch, or he absolutely refuses to fight back against a woman no matter how badly she's beating him.

Personal experience has taught me that a female (sometimes a woman, but never a lady), is far more likely to initiate aggressive physical contact.

At that point, the male counterpart has choices: defend himself passively; defend himself actively; leave. All of those choices carry the risk of being accused as an abuser. Unless she's skilled in physical altercations, the average woman versus the average man using passive defense will have little effect, other than scratches or bites. If he decides he's had enough of being scratched and slapped and bitten and actively defends himself, odds are the average man against the average woman can either strike, push, or throw her down with great effect.

And that's when the po-po show up, to find her curled up in a puddle of tears screaming "HE HIT ME!"

The only defense, of course, is pro-active planning: only have dealings with ladies.

amlevin

I think the statistics on assault are skewed for several reasons. One, as noted above, men don't want to admit they got whooped by a woman. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that's when the po-po show up, to find her curled up in a puddle of tears screaming "HE HIT ME!"

The only defense, of course, is pro-active planning: only have dealings with ladies.

Statistics are skewed far more by the second of your statements. Unless the man has numerous visible injuries when the police arrive it's a pretty good bet that he'll be the one in the back seat going to jail.

A good pro-active step would be to avoid any relationship where this could be a problem. Unfortunately, not all decisions are made with the "organ" that's located above the shoulders.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

A little 5'3" woman hit me harder than just about anyone ever did. I was standing right next to her and she turned and wound up and smacked me with an open hand, knocked off my glasses, loosened a molar and cut my cheek inside. I was like 'wow, good shot', and laughed. She threw something a me and left. Later that week we laughed about it and she petted my cheek and said 'sorry, babe'. :)

sudden valley gunner

A little 5'3" woman hit me harder than just about anyone ever did. I was standing right next to her and she turned and wound up and smacked me with an open hand, knocked off my glasses, loosened a molar and cut my cheek inside. I was like 'wow, good shot', and laughed. She threw something a me and left. Later that week we laughed about it and she petted my cheek and said 'sorry, babe'. :)

I hear that!, it's why I don't believe in "disparity of force".Unless like a lawyer friend I know, pointed out that it is obvious e.g. "elderly lady vs big dude. It is very wrong to assume that just because someone is smaller or appears weaker than you that they actually are weaker or less able to inflict harm.

antispam540

Sounds like she wasn't confining the party to alcohol and "green plant matter". I've never known anyone who'd just smoked some "green" to go psycho, unless she was getting it from an unreliable source that cut it with something. Some of the mexicans around here sell it cut with PCP - that's scary stuff.

Tawnos

Sounds like she wasn't confining the party to alcohol and "green plant matter". I've never known anyone who'd just smoked some "green" to go psycho, unless she was getting it from an unreliable source that cut it with something. Some of the mexicans around here sell it cut with PCP - that's scary stuff.

I've never heard a substantiation of that rumor. Do you have a citation?

Beretta92FSLady

I would recommend that, particularly if you are drinking together, pick the group you drink with better. Situations when there is alcohol involved can get out of control fast, and stupid sh*t happens -hence, your experience.

gsx1138

I have no problems hitting a woman if she throws the first punch. I believe in absolute equality for everyone. And that equality comes coupled with responsibility as well. As for you "friends", I think her green plant should be legal anyway so there's no judgement from me on that. However, it's the lack of self control with alcohol and thinking assault is acceptable behavior that is of more concern. And I'm not really buying the "black out" thing either. Sounds like someone needs an excuse for being a mean bitch when they get drunk. Fact is, if she had smoked more and drank less it's unlikely anything like this would've happened.

Last edited:

bomber

I have no problems hitting a woman if she throws the first punch. I believe in absolute equality for everyone. And that equality comes coupled with responsibility as well. As for you "friends", I think her green plant should be legal anyway so there's no judgement from me on that. However, it's the lack of self control with alcohol and thinking assault is acceptable behavior that is of more concern. And I'm not really buying the "black out" thing either. Sounds like someone needs an excuse for being a mean bitch when they get drunk. Fact is, if she had smoked more and drank less it's unlikely anything like this would've happened.

an unusual shining light of clarity. i agree