• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knife pulled on me defendent charged with assault 2

amlevin

I don't understand the context. Is this the same woman, or just another anecdote about a violent woman?

Probably just another violent woman. It appears from the article that the cops had been called several times before on her "violence" in the home. This guy is apparently a slow learner and was lucky to escape with his "acorns". Wonder what the "W" stood for?

antispam540

I've never heard a substantiation of that rumor. Do you have a citation?

Asking for substantiated data about illicit drug deals is unlikely to get a result :p Suffice it to say that I know people who have bought green around here from mexicans (whether or not their ethnicity has anything to do with it - i'm not racist, it could just be coincidence) and have ended up in the hospital with symptoms of PCP exposure and testing positive for PCP. They do not use drugs (well, other than green, that is, if you count that as a drug)

I have also known many people who smoke it, and none of them have ever shown the slightest hint of violence while stoned. The topic has come up in conversations with many of them, and they say they also do not know of anyone who has become violent as a result of smoking.

KBCraig

Probably just another violent woman. It appears from the article that the cops had been called several times before on her "violence" in the home. This guy is apparently a slow learner and was lucky to escape with his "acorns". Wonder what the "W" stood for?
If the guy went back to cleaning the house, it's obvious she was running things.

Related to this, there was a fellow who committed suicide yesterday via self-immolation in front of the courthouse entrance in Keene, NH. He mailed a very long explanation of family court matters to the Keene Sentinel, which they published online today.

The relevant bit here, among all the other statistics he cites, is that domestic violence tends to be "mutual affray" 49% of the time, but either the man or woman being the sole instigator of violence is almost dead even, at roughly 25% each. Yet, there is a Violence Against Women Act, and US DoJ has an Office on Violence against Women that administers funding for domestic violence shelters. Even though men are statistically equally liable to be victims of DV, men are banned from these shelters.

wrightme

"Weiner"

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Her name is Mary, the M was upside down. Zorro would be proud.

Gunslinger

Ok this happened to me last weds night at my former roomates house.We are freinds and liked to drink together and I would come over and visit.I never carry my firearm when I drink because that would open a can of worms.Well she decided to drink 2 bottles of wine that night and smoke some green vegetable matter,to make a long story short she suddenly went into a black out and decided to tackle me and start beating the crap out of me in a druken rage of course I just took the beating cause I was taught never to hit a woman,after that was said and done she proceeded to go ito the kitchen to grab a chefs knife and started to lunge at me yelling at me to get out of the house,I had a few beers that night but in no way was I intoxicated to the point that I could not make a sound judgement.Would I have been justified to use lethal force at this point?I had a witness during this whole thing too.

You're kidding, right? You are in her house, told to leave and wonder if you could use lethal force? Sure, if you wanted to be a guest of the state for 20 to life. You had the clear duty to retreat, nothing else. You would have had the same chance of convincing a jury you were in fear of death or grievous bodily injury--with a clear path of retreat, and had to use lethal force as you would convincing them an alien just walked in the door.

Gunslinger

I hear that!, it's why I don't believe in "disparity of force".Unless like a lawyer friend I know, pointed out that it is obvious e.g. "elderly lady vs big dude. It is very wrong to assume that just because someone is smaller or appears weaker than you that they actually are weaker or less able to inflict harm.

Disparity of force is legal doctrine. Some states use it more--in CO simple assault on a person over 60 becomes a felony due to special circumstances. Under common law--and in every state I'm familiar with, disparity of force is an affirmative defense--even to the point of deadly force used by the 'lesser' individual. Bruce Lee may have had a problem with it, but that's about who it would take to refute the doctrine.

sudden valley gunner

Disparity of force is legal doctrine. Some states use it more--in CO simple assault on a person over 60 becomes a felony due to special circumstances. Under common law--and in every state I'm familiar with, disparity of force is an affirmative defense--even to the point of deadly force used by the 'lesser' individual. Bruce Lee may have had a problem with it, but that's about who it would take to refute the doctrine.

I don't disagree with it when used for a citizens defense. I only disagree with it when a prosecutor may try to use it against a citizen. e.g. you are larger than the other guy you should have used other means of defense.

amlevin

Not hard to believe. Weed was cured with smoke from heroin in SEA during the war. Bad juju for a lot of the kids that thought it was like the MJ they smoked here.

Really? Another one of those "Internet Facts". Considering that Vietnamese MJ was at least twice as potent (THC content) as the "ditch weed" our guys were used to in this country I'm sure that a lot of stories like this were made up. I sure heard my share in 65-68 while I was serving. Thai pot was also as strong as three times the home grown.

Stories like this were everywhere. You should have heard the ones about razor blades and where the local hookers hid them in order to get even with an unsuspecting GI. It's amazing the stories people will fall for and demand no substantiation.

Gunslinger

I don't disagree with it when used for a citizens defense. I only disagree with it when a prosecutor may try to use it against a citizen. e.g. you are larger than the other guy you should have used other means of defense.

The first punch doctrine still applies. If I throw a punch at Chuck Norris, he has a right to use 'reasonable' force to defend himself, and I am the guilty party. He just can't continue to kick my butt or the blame will shift. The old 'pro boxer's hands are deadly weapons' urban myth applies.

Gunslinger

Really? Another one of those "Internet Facts". Considering that Vietnamese MJ was at least twice as potent (THC content) as the "ditch weed" our guys were used to in this country I'm sure that a lot of stories like this were made up. I sure heard my share in 65-68 while I was serving. Thai pot was also as strong as three times the home grown.

Stories like this were everywhere. You should have heard the ones about razor blades and where the local hookers hid them in order to get even with an unsuspecting GI. It's amazing the stories people will fall for and demand no substantiation.

Not an "internet fact," as I was there flying Phantoms for the 13th TFS, 432nd TFW out of Udorn, as well. My squadron's Flight Surgeon briefed new guys on this the day they arrived--even officers myself included. I'm aware of the increased THC content in Asian weed. This has nothing to do with it. This pot came from the Golden Triangle and was no myth. I heard the razor blade, poison lipstick and all the other BS, as well. This is not.

amlevin

Not an "internet fact," as I was there flying Phantoms for the 13th TFS, 432nd TFW out of Udorn, as well. My squadron's Flight Surgeon briefed new guys on this the day they arrived--even officers myself included. I'm aware of the increased THC content in Asian weed. This has nothing to do with it. This pot came from the Golden Triangle and was no myth. I heard the razor blade, poison lipstick and all the other BS, as well. This is not.

After my first week or I took a simple approach. If I didn't see it for myself it was just more BS.

Did you see any of this "Super weed" being cured over burning heroin or did you just hear about it? We had a one of the Physicians that loved to tell all the new troops that not only would certain activities make them need glasses but it would also cause hair growth on the palm of their hands. Did it ever occur to you that this Flight Surgeon had just concocted another story to put some fear in your heads?????

Again, it's fact because you heard it, right?

Dave_pro2a

Not hard to believe. Weed was cured with smoke from heroin in SEA during the war. Bad juju for a lot of the kids that thought it was like the MJ they smoked here.

Cite, or it's just a moronic claim.

Why would someone take a more expensive product, and use it to treat a less expensive product. In the end, they LOSE MONEY!

On Noze, heroin in pot -- and they didn't tell you or CHARGE MORE!

I'd be more likely to believe someone saying Kratom abuse was prevalent among soldiers in Viet Nam. At least that would make logical sense (local drug with long term widespread use in rural areas, cheap, available, effective simulating mild narcotics).

Cite please ;)

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

My squadron's Flight Surgeon briefed new guys on this the day they arrived--even officers myself included.

Military doctors have never lied to military personnel -- especially to influence undesirable activity (drugs, fornication, etc). Such a thing is absolutely unheard of.

Dr Duddley Do-Good: "Every camp tramp has the clap, every single one. Trust me."

Dr Duddley Do-Good: "Every last bud in Asia is treated with HEROIN! Trust me, I personally ::cough:: tested them."

Dr Duddley Do-Good: "Trust me African Americans, these shots won't give you syphilis."

How could you have served in Viet Nam if you were born yesterday. Psst, wanna buy a bridge? Or how about a genuine Rolex for $20?

Gunslinger

After my first week or I took a simple approach. If I didn't see it for myself it was just more BS.

Did you see any of this "Super weed" being cured over burning heroin or did you just hear about it? We had a one of the Physicians that loved to tell all the new troops that not only would certain activities make them need glasses but it would also cause hair growth on the palm of their hands. Did it ever occur to you that this Flight Surgeon had just concocted another story to put some fear in your heads?????

Again, it's fact because you heard it, right?

I never went down to the TZ to see if the bombs I dropped actually killed anyone. I heard they did through BDA. I never went to Laos to watch them cure heroin. Just heard they did. Didn't do drugs, so don't know what the effect was. Just heard it was bad. Never saw anyone rotting away with some strain of VD. Just heard they did. You ever go to the Golden Triangle to assertain they didn't hang pot over the curing fires for H? Or just heard they didn't? Never asked the FS about the story, although we got to be pretty good friends playing 4-5-6. Didn't doubt him; didn't give a **** as it wouldn't affect me. Some of the VD stories I discounted as hyperbole. Just the regular ones seemed to me to be bad enough.