Thread: Weekend meetup Sunday June, 12,2011

Weekend meetup Sunday June, 12,2011

Let's meetup at the USS Midway on Sunday the 12th at high noon.
    Free weekend parking at Tuna Harbor.
    I'll be near the "Sailor Kissing the Lady" statue.
    Chime in so we can get an idea of how many are showing up.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

I have 1 concern with UOC'ing at the USS Midway. The area where the Bob Hope statues are and the 40 foot tall "Kissing the war goodbye" statue is, happens to show up on Google maps and Thomas Bros. as a PARK. (northe side of West G street/Tuna Ln.)

I may be available to go have to wait and see if I will be in town. I would steer clear of the "green" map area just to be safe.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I will be going with Gundude.....i ride "shotgun" for his stagecoach.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    I have 1 concern with UOC'ing at the USS Midway. The area where the Bob Hope statues are and the 40 foot tall "Kissing the war goodbye" statue is, happens to show up on Google maps and Thomas Bros. as a PARK. (northe side of West G street/Tuna Ln.)

I may be available to go have to wait and see if I will be in town. I would steer clear of the "green" map area just to be safe.
    I have UOC'ed there twice in the past without any problems. I checked the google map, and I see that the Tuna Harbor parking lot isn't green, nor is the boardwalk. Looks like we would be ok if we stay off the grass around the statue. There are some tables near the entrance to the Tuna Harbor parking lot. I'll be at the place mark.
    Last edited by Gundude; 06-09-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Added attachment
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    I have UOC'ed there twice in the past without any problems. I checked the google map, and I see that the Tuna Harbor parking lot isn't green, nor is the boardwalk. Looks like we would be ok if we stay off the grass around the statue. There are some tables near the entrance to the Tuna Harbor parking lot. I'll be at the place mark.
    Bump to add attachment.