• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maryland Shall Issue - Update - 6/08/11

Maryland Shall Issue

MSI_Banner.jpg

In this issue:

1. Baltimore Police Department Issues Warning About 2nd Amendment Supporters
2. Pistol Packing Mamas Round Up Marauders - Gun Battle In Montgomery County
3. Heeding God's Call Pledges To Protest Realco Guns Every Monday
4. MSI Gear for Sale

1. Baltimore Police Department Issues Warning About 2nd Amendment Supporters

The Baltimore City Police Department has issued an alert to its officers that the drivers of vehicles displaying a sticker that indicates that the owner is a supporter of the 2nd Amendment may represent a threat as being an armed individual.

The alert is troublesome on a couple of levels in that it first represents the sort of flawed logic and anti-gun bias that infests the upper echelons of the departmental leadership. Does the department really believe that it's the citizens that profess their support for the 2nd amendment who are the threat?

Secondly, we have to question what other stickers are worthy of causing similar alerts. Would an NRA or MSI sticker cause the department to warn its officers that the driver represents a similar threat?

MSI has placed an order for 200 of these stickers and will be able to offer them to you at a discount soon.

2. Pistol Packing Mamas Round Up Marauders - Gun Battle In Montgomery County

The residents of Viers Mill Village in Montgomery County, terrorized by criminals, took the matter in their own hands to put an end to the problem. You can read about the ensuing gun battle here and here.
In a shocking display of common sense:
"Mrs. Schulz said that when neighbors complained to the Montgomery police here about the night prowling, they told us we'd better arm ourselves."

However, demonstrating that some things in Montgomery County never change:
"Charles M. Orme, chief of the county police at Silver Spring, said he would investigate reports that the residents were told by police to arm themselves against the prowlers. Such advice from a policeman, he said, was "foolish."

3. Heeding God's Call Pledges To Protest Realco Guns Every Monday

As you'll recall, Heeding God's Call, the anti-gun organization of "faith leaders" based in Philadelphia, attempted to organize several protests of Clyde's Sports Shop back during the winter. They finally were able to put together a half-hearted event on December 11th that turned into one of the biggest business days for Clyde's when gun owners and other long-time customers came out to support the shop on their "customer appreciation day."

Since Heeding God's Call got no traction from their failed attempt to attack Clyde's, they've taken their show to Prince George's County to protest Realco Guns.

Long time readers will recall that way back in 2007, Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow PUSH staged a high profile protest at Realco that was amply countered by MSI and other pro-gun groups from both Maryland and Virginia.

Now, Heeding God's Call is picking up where Jackson's group left off by promising to protest at Realco every Monday as they did this past Monday, June 6th.

Misplaced Angst?

We wonder if the angst from protest-group Heeding God's Call over lawful gun sales in Prince George's County would be better aimed at the headquarters of BATFE. This tiny gun control group - best known for tugging at the tired coat-tails of Jesse Jackson's failed gun control movement - is upset that a lawful Maryland dealer...legally sells guns.

Despite any evidence - at all - that Realco Arms is performing illegal transfer of firearms to prohibited persons, the group intends to protest this dealer weekly. The group claims that Realco allows illegal so-called "straw sales" of arms to criminals, yet provides no evidence to back their claims.

We here at MSI think straw sales are a serious matter. If Heeding God's Call - or anyone - has evidence that any group is knowingly allowing straw sales, we encourage them to immediately report it to law enforcement. Forget color coordinated protest signs - make a difference and call the Maryland State Police Straw Buyers Hotline at 1-888-637-7274. Today.

Of course, we do not expect that phone to ring anytime soon. It's much easier to make up numbers, shout out accusations and make noise than it is to go after the criminals and true purveyors of crime in our society.

Which leads us to a suggestion for the good people of Heeding God's Call: start asking tough questions of the Department of Justice and the ATF, who we now learn have knowingly allowed and assisted in the illegal sales of pistols and rifles to Mexican Drug Cartels. Recent congressional testimony, ATF agent admissions and whistleblowers have all provided evidence of an operation managed from the ATF and DoJ to give guns to drug cartels - all "to see where they end up."

So where did the ATF guns end up?

Some of those guns have been found at the scene of a dead us Law Enforcement Officer in the United States, and just this week we hear claims others were used in a battle that disabled a military helicopter in Mexico. ATF insiders claim thoudsands of guns were transferred to the cartels and that hundreds of people may have been killed by them.

We understand that Heeding God's Call may not have heard this news, because with the exception of CBS News, the Mexican press and a few other US news outlets, few dare question the Department of Justice on this matter. But we will, Congress will, and so too will millions of Americans when they hear the details of the international and national laws broken by our government all to "see where the guns end up."

As if there was any question of how the cartels would use thousands of illegal guns...

If Heeding God's Call wishes to take on a source of mass illegal straw sales of dangerous arms to dangerous people, they need look no further than the ATF. If they want to make a real difference, then they should shine light on the darkness of "Project GunRunner" and it's "Fast and Furious" operation that knowingly deilvered arms to the cartels. If Heeding God's Call wishes to take on the DoJ, they will also have a partner in MSI.

Until then, though...it's just a lot of shouting into the wind."

4. MSI Gear for Sale

Remember that we still have plenty of MSI gear for sale, including pins and polo shirts. The pins are perfect for wearing with a suit or sport jacket when you want to show your support for your grassroots pro-2A organization. The polos are high quality and embroidered with the MSI logo.

You can place your order directly from the MSI site. We're ordering a new batch of polos this week.

Some of you have asked why everything is in that shade of blue and it's simply a matter of visual branding of the organization. Back in the early days of MSI, we were identified by our blue hats as we worked the halls of the general assembly and we've made a conscious effort to stick with that scheme.

Maryland Shall Issue, Inc.
1332 Cape Saint Claire Road #342
Annapolis, Maryland 21409
240-446-6782

Mission Statement: Maryland Shall Issue is an all volunteer, non-partisan effort dedicated to the preservation and advancement of all gunowners' rights in Maryland, with a primary goal of CCW reform to allow all law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon; and to the education of the community to the awareness that 'shall issue' laws have, in all cases, resulted in decreased rates of violent crime.

Follow Us On Facebook

Sig229

Thanks for the update.
It saddens me deeply to see the state of my birth and where I grew up is now a complete police state.

Whats more puzzling is that Maryland is completely surrounded by states that respects its citizens right to self defense with a firearm.

VA, WV, DE, and PA all issue concealed handgun permits and also allow open carry.

I cannot understand why Maryland is the black sheep of that region.

I appreciate you MD'ers keeping up the good fight as I did when I lived there.

I put an awful lot of time and money into the pro 2A cause in MD while I lived there.

Unfortunately, I had enough and still being young I refused to live in a state that doesn't afford me the basic human right of self defense.

Im a free American and I didn't want to waste my life living n a state that doesn't recognize that.

district9

Thanks for the update.
It saddens me deeply to see the state of my birth and where I grew up is now a complete police state.

Whats more puzzling is that Maryland is completely surrounded by states that respects its citizens right to self defense with a firearm.

VA, WV, DE, and PA all issue concealed handgun permits and also allow open carry.

I cannot understand why Maryland is the black sheep of that region.

I appreciate you MD'ers keeping up the good fight as I did when I lived there.

I put an awful lot of time and money into the pro 2A cause in MD while I lived there.

Unfortunately, I had enough and still being young I refused to live in a state that doesn't afford me the basic human right of self defense.

Im a free American and I didn't want to waste my life living n a state that doesn't recognize that.

Those are good points.