• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crossbreed vs Max tuck?

mmdkyoung123

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I am curious if anyone on here has used the Max Tuck holster by White hat holsters. I was looking at getting the croosbreed supertuck, and was doing some looking online and came across the max tuck. It looks to be almost identical to the crossbreed supertuck deluxe with the combat cut. It even comes in horsehide. I was thinking about the max tuck because you can change out the kydex part of the holster for different guns. Extra Kydex peices are 20$ versus another 80$ for a whole new holster. I was just curious if anyone owned one and what they thought of it before I buy one.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have a Crossbreed for my FNP-40 and I really enjoy it. It is certainly ugly but it is also extremely comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. It is constructed very soundly and has held up very well for me.

t33j

Got a crossbreed supertuck for my 1911 in yesterday and wore it all day. It really is the most comfortable holster I've tried; I think even more so than my usual OWB rig!

I'm not yet used to drawing it so I've inadvertently dropped the magazine and have trouble quickly getting a good grip. The combat cut would likely help with those problems but I'm not sure I'd like the decrease in comfort.

Damiansar-15

comp-tac

checkout comp-tac...they are extremely high quality, made in USA, and offer great customer service... I am biased because I live in Houston where they are made, but they seem to have better fit/function than other kydex holsters I have used that either wear out one's finish out or do not fit properly...

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
I also suggest taking a look at Kholster. It is my preference after seeing all those mentioned here so far and it is my choice for EDC. Crossbreed is good, but the warranty, option for ordering extra clips and customer service reputation outweigh Crossbreed's in my opinion.

TexasT

MAxTuck Comment

Howdy, this is Tony from White Hat Holsters. just want to clarify, becuae I have been contacted several times from this thread and there is a little confusion. our hoslters do NOT come with plastic clips. That comment was referring to the Minotaur which does have plastic clips. Our standard hoslter comes with spring steel plain black metal clips. If I can provide any further info, please let me know. I would encourage you to try it out and if you dont like it you have 2 weeks to send it back for a full refund. Thanks for checking us out. Have a great day! We look forwrad to working FOR you in the near future!

TexasT

MaxTuck Site Update

Our new site will be launching in a few weeks. Combat cut and black/brown horsehide will be free options. just thought you might like to know this.

carry for myself

maxtuck looks great. if only they made it for the Kahr CW40. i would grab one up!. looks like crossbreed or galco kingtuck for me

papajohn

How many inches does this add to your pant size? I am thinking about getting one for my Glock 17.

4angrybadgers

How many inches does this add to your pant size? I am thinking about getting one for my Glock 17.
Crossbreed's FAQ says to add 2" to your belt and pants sizes. I only have to let out my belt one notch (1") when I put on my SuperTuck and XD .40 subcompact (which is double-stack and roughly the same thickness as your Glock).

For reference, I'm 5'11", 138#, with a ~31" waist size in most pants (minus the holster). Currently wearing 32" waist jeans with a 36" Amish belt holding up the pants and SuperTuck.

Super Trucker

our hoslters do NOT come with plastic clips.

Or that tacky symbol that the other guy uses, that outs anybody that is not the same religion as him.

"Gee you are not religious why do you have a cross on your belt"? BUSTED.

Reason 83496 not to get a crossbreed.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Or that tacky symbol that the other guy uses, that outs anybody that is not the same religion as him.

"Gee you are not religious why do you have a cross on your belt"? BUSTED.

Reason 83496 not to get a crossbreed.

Yeah, because that itty bitty cross will curse you with a slower than average draw right?:p

So what are reasons 1-83495, or are you just intolerant of religious symbolism?

carry for myself

well what if im jewish and i want the star of david? i clearly cant carry a holster with a christian cross on it. thats like a catholic carryin a holster with a pentagram. ...................but alas , im not jewish lol i don care whats on MY holster as long as it conceals my gun ;-)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I sat on this overnight to see if anybody else would chime in with the suggestion to ask the maker to not put the symbol on the product (the specific one you otherwise want to buy).

Nobody did.

So here I am, playing Captain Obvious, suggesting that you ask.

stay safe.

Super Trucker

I sat on this overnight to see if anybody else would chime in with the suggestion to ask the maker to not put the symbol on the product (the specific one you otherwise want to buy).

Nobody did.

So here I am, playing Captain Obvious, suggesting that you ask.

stay safe.

A direct quote from the owner of the company.

The Cross is there on purpose and will stay, it is not negotiable.

There are far more folks who are not offended or are even inspired by it than there are those who are offended.

We get lots and lots of compliments on the fact that we are not afraid to stand for our beliefs, and that includes the belief in Christ and His sacrifice for us, hence the Cross.

It is integral to my company logo, my products and my life, I will not remove it.

If that costs me a few sales, so be it.

Last edited: