Thread: The Coming Newbie Problem

McX

The Coming Newbie Problem

No one has seen it on the horizon yet. it just dawned on me: the world for all is about to change. we are the old guard. i suspect the exuberant youth, and those who have had enough, coupled with them that would take the gun out of the closet, and for a cruise. They will not have been here. They wont know. The cops? perhapse. They will arrest them for inadvertent violations due to being new on the boulevard. Cops wont train, they will however arrest. When we get what we get, i need pledges of old guard that will make sure the new ones, that just saw it in the paper yetesterday, wont be doing the bad manners of; dude, get your hand off your piece, turn and display- describe. Makes us look bad. I'd say Wis Carry will need to print up alot more wallet business cards go to the website things. So, anyway, if you get one fresh, like never been here or there for that matter. report it on this thread (?)
    it's our job, oh joy.

McX
    forum strength measured at 80 plus, as of 7:07 PM. Parents do you know where your children are?

Quote Originally Posted by mcx View Post
    forum strength measured at 80 plus, as of 7:07 pm. Parents do you know where your children are?
    oh my god !!!!!!!!!! Where is my child !!!!??????
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

oh...YEAH...i DON'T HAVE ANY !!! yahooooo !
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    if you look at who's watchin our TV, like 89 right now, on your desktop............looking at you.............anyway. it will be wave that washes over us. surfs up dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    You should get some. They are good for retrieving targets at the outside range and such.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I usually try to do more than just talk about manners with the new ones. I try and train them on the responsibility that goes along with it as well as the need for training. Even if it is not with me.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

My fear is short bus riders who care too much about their jeans and hair gel more than their understanding about the high level of responsibility.

That being said, other states have shown this to not be a significant problem.
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

McX
    My fear is short bus riders who care too much about their jeans and hair gel more than their understanding about the high level of responsibility

i just hope some of them dont go 'hollywood' on this. pretty gun, girlyman...........so to speak. this one comes to mind: your in and out here kid, are you Consitutional or on the permit, please make up your mind. as once you get called upon, my sorry butt is standing next to you kind of thing.

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

I wonder if this would be a good time to get more meet and greets organized and advertized...to get those interested to talk to others who already carry...

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    I wonder if this would be a good time to get more meet and greets organized and advertized...to get those interested to talk to others who already carry...
    YES... to allow the seasoned, to pass on their experience to the newbs.
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

Educate and recruit!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    You should get some. They are good for retrieving targets at the outside range and such.
    Nice try...once they realize they are the only ones walkin back and forth the whining starts and doesnt stop till ya get back home.Like the old sayin goes "If ya want something done,and done right the first time.....Ya gotta do it yourself."

I tried that by takin the step child to the range once....only thing he wanted to do was shoot....and whined when I wouldnt let him.
    Informed him ammo costs money....and he wasnt spending my money for me and if he wanted to shoot then he needed to get a job and buy his own rifle and ammo.

That suggestion was as welcomed as a nuclear chili fart in an elevator or in church.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
    Educate and recruit!
    Educate & recruit; hell...

Gather & destroy(their electronics)...then educate & recruit, as in; here's one(1) bullet, go get dinner or go hungry.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    Educate & recruit; hell...

Gather & destroy(their electronics)...then educate & recruit, as in; here's one(1) bullet, go get dinner or go hungry.
    That went over my head. ???

Quote Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
    That went over my head. ???
    It means that I think that youth today has too many distractions( video games, cell phones, etc.) to concentrate on obtaining the skills to be proficent, let alone comfortable around weapons.

As such, unless trained by military service or by the ever decreasing amount of adults brought up in 2A households; that they(kids) feel no impulse or need to put in the time needed, when they can just as easy pick-up an electronic device and get lost in virtual world.

How's your head feel now???
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

OK. I see what you are talking about now.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH
    I wonder if this would be a good time to get more meet and greets organized and advertized... to get those interested to talk to others who already carry...
    Oh, yes yes yes!
    Esp. once the bill is law & we know what they've stuck us with.
    If even 10% of us set up a meet-n-greet at a local Culver's some weekday night, or Starbucks' on a Sat. morning, we'd have the opportunity to influence lots of people.

On a related note, Dr. visit today, another patient made a big show of looking @ my (empty) holster (pistol in a locked case, in my bag... not leaving it in the car there!!), then both he & the scheduling gal asked what it was for (a pistol), & was I a cop (no, a citizen).
    Then the employee & I went on to have a nice conversation.
    She said she's thinking about getting a gun for protection.
    Gave her names of 2 local shops I'd recommend, as well as my name & # & offered to teach her basic safety + take her to the range w/ my pistol.
    She seemed enthusiastic, also concerned about safe storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

McX
    She said she's thinking about getting a gun for protection.

no **** sherlock-no meanness intended, the whole damn state is thinking about getting a gun.

MKE, you didnt carry into the hospital? I carried while visiting a friend in Lax while oc. No problems.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

No problem

I don't see new members as a problem, but an opportunity. I believe that if there is a doctrine to learn, it must begin with respect. Understand the Constitution, everyone has rights! Understand that you buy a gun; but carry a weapon. Everything that you encounter deserves consideration; and if not, it can bite you in the ass.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

I like the suggestion of doing an "educational" type of "seminar" at Gander, Fleet Farm or Bass Pro parking lot? Or someplace practical like that.
    This would be an organizational "event" like no other that "we" have done before.
    "WE" the experienced do hold a level of responsibility to educate those who wish to hear it, much like we do here on the forums.

McX
    I like the suggestion of doing an "educational" type of "seminar" at Gander, Fleet Farm or Bass Pro parking lot? Or someplace practical like that.
    This would be an organizational "event" like no other that "we" have done before.
    "WE" the experienced do hold a level of responsibility to educate those who wish to hear it, much like we do here on the forums.

Supreme idea!

The first thing we have to do is...

...AGREE. How can we teach anyone when we can only; at best, at times, agree to disagree with respect. This is not a "one size fits all" right. If, the full gravity of resisting deadly force were to be known to some who choose to defend themselves, it would be crushing. If you don't know, If there is a doubt in your head, you don't belong here. To survive being out numbered and surrounded in a position of retreat, when your praying to God to stop your heart thinking it will be heard and give you away; then, you know fear. Your first clear choice must be to live. I have no doubt that we are a well intended group. We believe our selfs to be brave. Brave is good; but without knowledge, it's stupid. Talk is cheap, and I don't want to be the one to write the letter home. A FRIEND IN FREEDOM, Dennis Hamm.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.