• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Coming Newbie Problem

Mlutz

MKE, you didnt carry into the hospital? I carried while visiting a friend in Lax while oc. No problems.

wild boar

No problem

I don't see new members as a problem, but an opportunity. I believe that if there is a doctrine to learn, it must begin with respect. Understand the Constitution, everyone has rights! Understand that you buy a gun; but carry a weapon. Everything that you encounter deserves consideration; and if not, it can bite you in the ass.

qball54208

I like the suggestion of doing an "educational" type of "seminar" at Gander, Fleet Farm or Bass Pro parking lot? Or someplace practical like that.
This would be an organizational "event" like no other that "we" have done before.
"WE" the experienced do hold a level of responsibility to educate those who wish to hear it, much like we do here on the forums.

M

McX

I like the suggestion of doing an "educational" type of "seminar" at Gander, Fleet Farm or Bass Pro parking lot? Or someplace practical like that.
This would be an organizational "event" like no other that "we" have done before.
"WE" the experienced do hold a level of responsibility to educate those who wish to hear it, much like we do here on the forums.

Supreme idea!

wild boar

The first thing we have to do is...

...AGREE. How can we teach anyone when we can only; at best, at times, agree to disagree with respect. This is not a "one size fits all" right. If, the full gravity of resisting deadly force were to be known to some who choose to defend themselves, it would be crushing. If you don't know, If there is a doubt in your head, you don't belong here. To survive being out numbered and surrounded in a position of retreat, when your praying to God to stop your heart thinking it will be heard and give you away; then, you know fear. Your first clear choice must be to live. I have no doubt that we are a well intended group. We believe our selfs to be brave. Brave is good; but without knowledge, it's stupid. Talk is cheap, and I don't want to be the one to write the letter home. A FRIEND IN FREEDOM, Dennis Hamm.