• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATCSamps

after reading the forums for a few days I decided to create an account. I live in Kansas City off of I29 just past Houston Lake. Just wanted to get a little confirmation on some info I've gathered so far.

Kansas City, Riverside, Parkville are all ok for OC'ing and Gladestone and North Kansas City are not. Does anyone know if Northmoor allows OC?

looking forward to attending some OC gatherings, haven't actually open carried yet although I always keep a handgun in the glovebox of my car.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
after reading the forums for a few days I decided to create an account. I live in Kansas City off of I29 just past Houston Lake. Just wanted to get a little confirmation on some info I've gathered so far.

Kansas City, Riverside, Parkville are all ok for OC'ing and Gladestone and North Kansas City are not. Does anyone know if Northmoor allows OC?

looking forward to attending some OC gatherings, haven't actually open carried yet although I always keep a handgun in the glovebox of my car.

Welcome. Looking forward to hearing from you when you actually do open carry. Do a lot of reading, especially on the laws, statutes and cases that affect the locality where you live. It's always better to read the actual statutes than to rely on what people post.

I've been OCing since I moved to Virginia and, while it was kind of 'scary' at first, it has now become commonplace -- and by that I do not mean that there is not a heightened sense of awareness, just that I am no longer 'expecting' to be accosted by LEOs or google-eyed anti's.

kcgunfan

Parkville is not OK for OCing in City Parks. Technically, you can't CC in parks either, but that's preempted. Make sure you do careful searches. I usually search for firearm and weapon at a minimum to make sure I've covered my bases.

Big Boy

Look forward to seeing you at an OC meet. If you can't work up the courage to go out an OC by yourself your first time a meet is always a good way to do it.