Thread: Hit this poll..we're currently losing! (Reduced penalties for guns on school grounds)

Hit this poll..we're currently losing! (Reduced penalties for guns on school grounds)

The NC House has tentatively approved a bill to reduce the penalty for firearm possession on school grounds from a low-level felony to a misdemeanor and requires knowledge of wrongdoing. Do you support the measure?
    http://www.witn.com/

UPDATE: The poll is no longer on the home page. You have to vote in the current poll to be taken to a page of previous polls. This poll does appear, but I was no able to get the yes/no buttons to appear (maybe because I already voted). Anyway, they mainly use these polls to report the results on the nightly newscast, so there is probably no point in voting anymore anyway. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by tak2w; 06-10-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tak2w View Post
    The NC House has tentatively approved a bill to reduce the penalty for firearm possession on school grounds from a low-level felony to a misdemeanor and requires knowledge of wrongdoing. Do you support the measure?
    http://www.witn.com/
    Done, although I would rather have seen an option to rescind the law entirely.

My GD work computer system won't allow to hit up the poll. Gonna try on my Droid!

No luck on the Droid. Hopefully it is still up tonight (the poll that...is... ah, you know what I mean )
    Last edited by Northerner; 06-09-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Done.

c/w

Voted
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Voted

Done

Poll seems to be gone...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Poll seems to be gone...
    You can vote on the current poll to get to the next page, where they have previous polls.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)